2 minutes ago, Ninja_whip said:

14 is: $59.99 15 is: $69.99. 16: $139.99

Oh, I see. Three more? Interesting. Maybe an October or December wave? Or just retail exclusives . . though a $140 USD retail exclusive sounds unlikely . .

Wow, these sets look awesome! They do remind me of the Ninjago Movie wave a bit. My favorite one has to be the Monkey King mech, that thing is absolutely gorgeous and my eyes bugged out when I saw it. Definitely can’t afford to get every set so I’ll probably skip the villain vehicles but this theme looks incredible. Do we have prices for all the sets? I haven’t checked back through the pages in this thread. 

1 minute ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Oh, I see. Three more? Interesting. Maybe an October or December wave? Or just retail exclusives . . though a $140 USD retail exclusive sounds unlikely . .

Maybe store exclusives! I’m not 100% sure though.

There‘s a light blue version of the mohawk-cat in one of the sets :laugh: Is the blue guy a shape-shifter? I‘m not all that familiar with Journey to the West 

Between this, ninjago and hidden side. I don't even know what to do. There is this crisis too. Man, hopefully we get hidden side and ninjago pictures soon(by soon I mean Today:laugh:) so I can start looking at which set to buy. 

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

There‘s a light blue version of the mohawk-cat in one of the sets :laugh: Is the blue guy a shape-shifter? I‘m not all that familiar with Journey to the West 

Maybe he is? Or the cat is going too much to his gym :laugh:

Idk why but the mohawk-cat gives me badass vibes just by looking at it :grin:

Edited by Harkonen

This theme is looking wild! I want hi-res pics to feast on the details! And i fear i want those sets as well

Not that big of a fan of the villain vehicles but the other sets....damn, they are awesome.

And how big is that Monkey Kid Mech, it looks huge?

Btw it almost looks like it all happens in the ninjago world. Some of those side-builds are really ninjago-city style. Love it

That mech is gorgeous. LEGO really went all-out for this theme. Wonder when the sets are actually releasing. 

I really hope this theme is not Lego store exclusive. This would be such a waste then if it would... 

Hey, I just noticed! Mei’s sword uses the Dragonbone Sword Hilt in white! That’s the first time the part’s been recoloured from gold! Awesome!

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

lmao

Can we now?

You were right from the start.

i don't get it, why LEGO needs a similar theme to compete with Ninjago?

Edited by Anak

Just now, Harkonen said:

There are set prices on instagram... My God... :sick:

Ow wow :-( suddenly i am not too interested anymore :-(

Those prices are USD right? {curses} Yeah . . I mean I wasn’t planning to get more than a couple of these anyway, don’t have space, but at prices like that . . I really don’t see myself picking up more than the minimum. 

21 minutes ago, Anak said:

You were right from the start.

i don't get it, why LEGO needs a similar theme as Ninjago?

Because Ninjago works? They already tried to copy themselves with Nexo Knights and we all know how that went, right? 

I hope this one works though... for TLG's sake

Maybe I'm getting old or something, but these action themes Ninjago, Chima, Nexo Knights and now Monkey Kid are starting to look very same-y to me

Most of these sets could have been Nexo Knights or Ninjago without a problem

Like 80007 has a very strong NK vibe, while 80006 looks very Ninjago-ish

But I'm glad people seem to like this theme.  TLG will need all the support they can get: China is expecting a second Coronavirus wave for later this year. I don't think LEGO sets will be top sellers over there this year

Edited by Robert8

Just now, Robert8 said:

Because Ninjago works?

Yes, I know it works, but i was trying to point out, that LEGO now compete with it's own brand. I slowly phased out Ninjago theme before I introduce -another similar- new one.

Just now, Anak said:

Yes, I know it works, but i was trying to point out, that LEGO now compete with it's own brand. I slowly phased out Ninjago theme before I introduce -another similar- new one.

Maybe they prepare ninjago for retiring? Next year it will mark a decade since the theme started. Just like Bionicle did. 

$150 for the Monkey King Warrior Mech... this is going to hurt a little. But holy smokes, it looks amazing! :wub_drool: The Bull King mech is also pretty cool, and that sorcerer fig will surely be great!

Also, Mei gets a white NK robohorse, nice easter egg! :grin:

Just now, Harkonen said:

Maybe they prepare ninjago for retiring? Next year it will mark a decade since the theme started. Just like Bionicle did. 

Yes, maybe that's the case. They run the themes paralell for a year to get people used to the new one, without creating "a void". Time/sell will tell.

Well, I cant think of something other than.... Ninjago not being liked on China

Ninjago has very strong japanese roots. And people on China are known for being very nationalist. 

Maybe they tested Ninjago stuff with potential chinese customers and didnt work?

That could also be one of the reasons why Ninjago doesn't like ninjas this year

The lady on top of the Demon Bull King is Princess Iron Fan, and the all white female villain we haven't seen is likely Baigujing, or the White Bone Spirit.

Although the theme seems to rely a bit too much on vehicles (much like Ninjago, Chima and NK) I still really like it. The Monkey King mech is definitely the stand out, and the one I'm the most interested in.

The cargo ship is a real winner here. I don't know why but the way it's made makes me fall in love with it, maybe because of how colorful it is? :laugh:

The prices are dissapointing though and waaay too many themes man. I mean, I have to decide which sets I will get from Ninjago, Hidden Side and now this theme. 

Prices are rough. This is really unfortunate as all the sets look fantastic, the likes of which we haven’t seen before in non-blockbuster movie themed sets, like the Ninjago movie sets, for example. Shame the prices aren’t nearly as good as those - $120 for the Inferno Truck is particularly egregious to me. I can forgive steep prices for the mechs because we haven’t really seen anything that detailed and that large and impressive before, save for Voltron which had zero articulation and was pretty blocky in retrospect. But the truck for $120 and even the $35 bike I’m not really seeing the value there.