30 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

So, what other villains could Monkey Kid have other than Ox King? 

Journey to the West was all about the characters fighting all sorts of demons while travelling, so I suppose that demons will be this line's main villains.

Edited by Lego David

3 minutes ago, Lego David said:

Journey to the West was all about the characters fighting all sorts of demons while travelling, so I suppose that demons will be this line's main villains.

Monkey King Online has a lot of cool demons(and a cool cinematic trailer) so I hope they take some inspiration from it. Oh and the Journey to the West comics too, I want a lego Wasp Queen. 

13 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

I want a lego Wasp Queen. 

Well if she appears in the original story she might get a chance, but if she's exclusive to those comics I think there's no chance, licensing issues and such.

Anyway the pig chef face print is alright, kinda missing the mouth though. I just hope they'll someday give us the mold in a brownish colour so I can finally make a purist Bebop. Until then this will do.

4 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Well if she appears in the original story she might get a chance, but if she's exclusive to those comics I think there's no chance, licensing issues and such.

Anyway the pig chef face print is alright, kinda missing the mouth though. I just hope they'll someday give us the mold in a brownish colour so I can finally make a purist Bebop. Until then this will do.

I think she might be exclusive to the comics. I'm not sure. Oh well. 

Oh boy.... He looks not like a monkey and not like a kid

Are we sure that's Monkey Kid? because if so there are 2 big lies in that name

I like the S19 minifigure better

So, he's not actually a monkey... he's a monkey king themed human? With animal friends?

Alright then. Yep definitely swapping him for monkey king lol.

Edited by doclord

The figure itself looks weird, even ignoring the monkey king theming.

Edit: I imagine there is good chance the the monkey kid could have powers that allow him to turn into a monkey, ala akita from Ninjago, so we might be seeing the "kid" version here while we'll see a "monkey" version later on

Edited by Bobathan Buan

Maybe they're doing some kind of thing where he's the only human and everyone else is an animal?

Or he has a tail piece like Kid Goku?

Oh no, I don't like this figure one bit. He's no monkey and no kid. Extremely disappointed. The logo doesn't make any sense now either, he doesn't even look like that. Hopefully there's an actual monkey kid in other sets. Otherwise definitely gonna change some things around.

The modern outfit pretty much confirms that this will indeed be a Sci-Fi theme. I wonder how they are going to handle this whole theme. The previous leaked figures looked pretty fantasy-ish, but this one has a completely different aesthetic. Maybe it's going to be a spiritual successor to Exo-Force with a few fantasy bits, who knows... :shrug_oh_well:

As for the Monkey Kid not looking like a monkey,  I think it's going to be either a kid who has animal friends, or as others have suggested, maybe he can shape-shift like Akita from Ninjago.

Maybe they're going the same route as Jet Li's version in Forbidden Kingdom, with the Monkey King power trapped inside.

Uh . . okay so I like this figure as far as ‘civilian to put in my city’, especially the dual-moulded legs . . but insofar as ‘this is the Monkey King and the main protagonist’ . . whaaaaaaat?

Is there a "wise mentor" figure in Journey of the West? Because if there is, I see a story where this kid must find the "inner spirit of the Monkey" or something like that. At least he fits in Ninjago City?

He gives me Goku vibes.I mean spiky hair,big dumb grin and a yellow jacket?You can't miss those similarities.

Edited by LOTR34

Just now, Harkonen said:

Looking at Monkey Kid... Is that a dragonball on his jacket? 

Nah it's just an orange circle(probably the sun) and the cloud he rides.

1 minute ago, Harkonen said:

Looking at Monkey Kid... Is that a dragonball on his jacket? 

I thought it was the logo of whatever delivery service he works for (as implied by the 4+ Delivery Cycle set).

Are those keys to his "Cloud (Vehicle)" ?

Also the logo might be a take on the LEGO Space logo, blended with the City Cargo logo (grid lines), and then using a cloud instead of a shuttle/arrow.

Edited by TeriXeri