5 hours ago, NetherCreeper said:

The sets release august, I think, so it could be a while, if there isn’t a dedicated reveal

Any idea when we could set names or leaked pictures? There have been two leaked figures already, and I am surprised that there hasn't been more. 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

According to stonewars, the code name „Leaf“ doesn‘t refer to Monkey Kid, but rather the freshly announced Mario theme *huh*

So that mean Monkey Kid got cancelled, and now we are getting LEGO Mario instead? :ugh:

Just now, Lego David said:

So that mean Monkey Kid got cancelled, and now we are getting LEGO Mario instead? :ugh:

I don‘t think so... Two Monkey Kid figs had already leaked, remember? :wink: It‘s just that the set numbers have been attributed to the wrong theme, it seems

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I don‘t think so... Two Monkey Kid figs had already leaked, remember? :wink: It‘s just that the set numbers have been attributed to the wrong theme, it seems

In that case... Which were Monkey Kid's actual set numbers? 

I was skeptical about the claims about there being a Super Mario theme, so I checked for myself, and sure enough...

If Mario is finally getting a LEGO theme, this means K'nex must have finally given up their toy license to Mario. Interestingly enough, sets 71374-71377 are no longer listed. Even with the leaked figures and logo, was that something to throw us off the trail? Or could this be for something smaller, such as the theme codenamed "Snowflake"?

8 minutes ago, Stardown said:

I was skeptical about the claims about there being a Super Mario theme, so I checked for myself, and sure enough...

If Mario is finally getting a LEGO theme, this means K'nex must have finally given up their toy license to Mario. Interestingly enough, sets 71374-71377 are no longer listed. Even with the leaked figures and logo, was that something to throw us off the trail? Or could this be for something smaller, such as the theme codenamed "Snowflake"?

I don't know why they would make something like those figures to throw us off a trail, even if it's just a few figures. I think Monkey Kid will still happen, we're just getting conflicting reports fed to us.

10 minutes ago, Bobathan Buan said:

Wasn't there a logo leaked for Monkey kid as well? 

It was shared here some time ago.

So we know less about this theme than we thought we did. This probably won't even be a 2020 theme.

5 hours ago, Bobathan Buan said:

Wasn't there a logo leaked for Monkey kid as well? 

It wasn't "leaked" it's officially been part of LEGO's trademarks, even registered before Hidden Side was in Europe.

https://www.trademarkia.com/ctm/ctm-company-lego-juris-as-206059-page-1-2 (Europe)

https://www.trademarkia.com/company-lego-juris-as-719033-page-1-2 (US)

Interesting update :

https://trademark.trademarkia.com/monkey-kid-88739879.html

Status Update! On Monday, February 24, 2020, status on the MONKEY KID trademark changed to NON-FINAL OFFICE ACTION ISSUED - CLARIFICATION NEEDED.

Status/Status Date:
NON-FINAL OFFICE ACTION ISSUED - CLARIFICATION NEEDED
2/24/2020
Estimated Response Deadline: 8/24/2020
Edited by TeriXeri

4 hours ago, gedren_y said:

So we know less about this theme than we thought we did. This probably won't even be a 2020 theme.

Going out on somewhat of a limb here, but if @StoneWarsDE's correct on this, could the Super Mario theme have originally been slated for 2021, trading launch dates with "Monkey Kid" in light of the ongoing 2019-nCoV outbreak, thereby pushing-up Super Mario's launch and pushing-back Monkey Kid's? :shrug_confused:

23 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Going out on somewhat of a limb here, but if @StoneWarsDE's correct on this, could the Super Mario theme have originally been slated for 2021, trading launch dates with "Monkey Kid" in light of the ongoing 2019-nCoV outbreak, thereby pushing-up Super Mario's launch and pushing-back Monkey Kid's? :shrug_confused:

Maybe there are issues with the Trademark in the US as well, that could have caused a delay (not canceled/refused yet).

Status Update! On Monday, February 24, 2020, status on the MONKEY KID trademark changed to NON-FINAL OFFICE ACTION ISSUED - CLARIFICATION NEEDED.

The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) may issue several different types of office actions about your trademark application. This page focuses on office actions that trademark examining attorneys send during the application process.

More info :

https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks-maintaining-trademark-registration/responding-office-actions

In the EU the trademark was Registered last year

Edited by TeriXeri

13 hours ago, gedren_y said:

This probably won't even be a 2020 theme.

So... That means Monkey Kid isn't coming this summer, and we are getting Mario instead?:hmpf:

Oh boy... It seems like we are up for a long wait until we will finally know what Monkey Kid is...:wacko:

Regarding the Monkey Kid's numbering, apparently @StoneWarsDE had this to say...

StoneWars - LEGO Super Mario Will be Released in August 2020: Sets Listed on Amazon & Number of Parts Known!

What about LEGO Monkey Kid?

Until a while ago we assumed that the LEGO Monkey Kid theme world would be behind the LEGO Leaf code name , which is currently being planned and is currently in production. In the past few weeks, however, more and more details about "Leaf" have come to us, which did not really fit Monkey Kid.

We are certain: LEGO Super Mario is what lies behind the code name Leaf! Conversely, that means the Monkey Kid will appear regardless. Monkey Kid is therefore likely to be a few more sets to be expected that could carry the set numbers 80006 to 80016. More on this later in another place.

I wouldn‘t worry about the set numbers too much. If „Leaf“ was Monkey Kid, then it would be the Mario theme that wouldn‘t have any set numbers at the moment, which wouldn’t be much of an issue. So why should the opposite case be? It‘s not all that unusual. I mean, the rumoured Ghostbusters set(s) currently also don‘t have any set numbers attached to them :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Ok, interesting read, Mario being "leaf" all along, since those set numbers/cost/weight has been known makes sense now.

I guess those 4 low-part count €10 set are those electronic sets from the teaser then.

Edited by TeriXeri

31 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

So is Monkey Kid still coming out in August?

Nothing is confirmed. I hope so, but if they were, I would expect at least a teaser soon.

So, now that we know that Leaf and the sets attributed to it are from Mario, does that mean we should dismiss the idea of Monkey Kid being a Big Bang theme?

2 hours ago, Lego David said:

So, now that we know that Leaf and the sets attributed to it are from Mario, does that mean we should dismiss the idea of Monkey Kid being a Big Bang theme?

Yes, I think we should. LEGO wont release 2 big bangs at the same time. 

39 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Yes, I think we should. LEGO wont release 2 big bangs at the same time. 

This seems like an odd situation. When Lego releases a Video Game licence, it usually has to do with popularity, like how the Overwatch championship inspired the theme. Unless you count Mario Maker 2, Lego has no real reason to make a Mario theme right now. I only think that Lego released this set to bridge Lego and technology together. So if we are going to see a proper minifigure  lineup of sets, a new game is coming up, or it will be in 2021.

Back to Monkey Kid, more and more non licenced themes are getting a greater technological presence. I remember an old Leaf rumor saying that it was building off of Hidden Side's AR capabilities. By looking at the Mario commercial, and the fact Mario is a video game, Lego probably didn't give Super Mario an AR feature. Keep in mind that while this is a rumor, Monkey Kid would have to have an app or online presence in order to do well with kids. Depending on if this Mario "set " is a one - off like the Stranger Things house, Monkey Kid could be a "big bang" theme. I just don't see Mario or even contemporary Hidden Side filling this role for good. That, or Monkey Kid is the first publicly known canceled theme since Cybots.

6 minutes ago, Legoanonymous said:

Back to Monkey Kid, more and more non licenced themes are getting a greater technological presence. I remember an old Leaf rumor saying that it was building off of Hidden Side's AR capabilities. By looking at the Mario commercial, and the fact Mario is a video game, Lego probably didn't give Super Mario an AR feature. Keep in mind that while this is a rumor, Monkey Kid would have to have an app or online presence in order to do well with kids. Depending on if this Mario "set " is a one - off like the Stranger Things house, Monkey Kid could be a "big bang" theme. I just don't see Mario or even contemporary Hidden Side filling this role for good. That, or Monkey Kid is the first publicly known canceled theme since Cybots.

There was an interview on The Brothers Brick that specifically said there was more than one wave of Nintendo IP products planned. Whether that means more of the ‘buildable level’ Mario sets or they’re going to minifigure scale sets, or even other Nintendo IPs like Zelda, isn’t clear yet. But there will be more.

I think this might be the beginning of another evergreen Licensed theme like Minecraft or Super Heroes. Which could mean that even calling it ‘big bang’ might underestimate its hypothetical longevity.