18 minutes ago, Stardown said:

According to StoneWars.de, 71361 is listed as a "Blindbag".

Makes sense given the $5 price point, that’s really interesting to me. Wonder what kind of blind bag gimmick this wave of sets will have, and if it will be any more successful than Nexo Knights’ attempts…

9 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

It starts this saturday.

Oh, I am really excited then. Fingers crossed that the theme will finally be revealed there.

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

Makes sense given the $5 price point, that’s really interesting to me. Wonder what kind of blind bag gimmick this wave of sets will have, and if it will be any more successful than Nexo Knights’ attempts…

CMFs were my first thought when I saw it. The LEGO Movie had them, but this theme is looking more like Chima and Nexo Knights, so... it's probably something different.

For the record, I don't see any similarities to Elves.

I do hope the Blind Bag system aren't CMF, but rather something that adds to the theme, instead of being the only way to get certain figures/characters.

As the set numbers are part of the main line, I think it's more like what they had with Nexo Powers or DOTS : 

41908-1.jpg?20200217085970372-1.jpg?201611300919

Edited by TeriXeri

Lego generally tries to avoid religion, right?  So how do you think they will handle Tripitaka being a Buddhist monk, and the journey being to obtain Buddhist sutras?  Might the religious elements be replaced with technological elements?  

1 hour ago, Tommy Thunder said:

Lego generally tries to avoid religion, right?  So how do you think they will handle Tripitaka being a Buddhist monk, and the journey being to obtain Buddhist sutras?  Might the religious elements be replaced with technological elements?  

I am pretty sure they'll just ignore the religious elements. I doubt we'll see anything Buddhist-related.

And if they do use Buddhist elements, they would most likely just change the name of the religion with something made-up.

Edited by Lego David

16 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I do hope the Blind Bag system aren't CMF, but rather something that adds to the theme, instead of being the only way to get certain figures/characters.

As the set numbers are part of the main line, I think it's more like what they had with Nexo Powers or DOTS : 

Nah the last cmf slot of the year is Harry Potter as far as we know, so I wouldn't worry about that. I think it's indeed more like Nexo Powers if it's not just a regular polybag.

I just hope the theme is not centered around an obscure play feature like Ninjago spinners or Chima speedorz.

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

I just hope the theme is not centered around an obscure play feature like Ninjago spinners or Chima speedorz.

Well, considering we are getting 4 sets that would retail for 10$ plus a booster pack,  I am pretty sure this theme is indeed centered around an "obscure play feature." Most likely something that would involve an app game (possibly AR), like with Nexo Knights.

Why couldn't there be a fourth mnifigure wave that isn't considered part of the CMF series? Unikitty had a minifigure series.

42 minutes ago, Maple said:

Why couldn't there be a fourth mnifigure wave that isn't considered part of the CMF series? Unikitty had a minifigure series.

Neither of the Big Bang themes so far had any actual CMF series, (with the exception of Ninjago Movie, but that's a different story) so I don't see how we should expect to get any CMF series from this theme. It's most likely going to be some sort of booster pack similar to Nexo Knights combo powers.

Edited by Lego David

Thebrickfan said Lego will only showcase 1HY sets at NYTF but I think they might reveal Monkey Kid there like they did with Hidden Side last year. Maybe the Jurassic World sets too like last year and probably Minions. All speculation! 

Well they just announced a September Star Wars set, so hopefully this theme will get announced as well.

Yeah, “only 1HY sets”, then they immediately reveal a set for September, definitely not 1HY. I’ve got much more hope for more interesting reveals now, they should show at least one set, or maybe like they did for Nexo Knights at NYCC (two sets, but also all of the minifigs). It starts the day after tomorrow, so I guess we’ll find out soon.

1 hour ago, NetherCreeper said:

Yeah, “only 1HY sets”, then they immediately reveal a set for September, definitely not 1HY. I’ve got much more hope for more interesting reveals now, they should show at least one set, or maybe like they did for Nexo Knights at NYCC (two sets, but also all of the minifigs). It starts the day after tomorrow, so I guess we’ll find out soon.

I will say they usually reveal one or two major 2HY sets at this toy fair, but not the entire wave. Fingers crossed this theme is big enough to warrant an official reveal!

21 minutes ago, legozebra said:

I will say they usually reveal one or two major 2HY sets at this toy fair, but not the entire wave. Fingers crossed this theme is big enough to warrant an official reveal!

Didn't Hidden Side get revealed at NYTF? The entire wave tho. I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens to Monkey Kid since this theme is pretty big too. I think TLG would rather officially reveal it themselves than have it leaked by leakers. Just saying. 

Hidden Side was at Toy Fair but wasn't a 14-18 set launch theme like Nexo (17 sets at launch ) / Chima (16 sets at launch)

Leaf / Monkey Kid seems to have at least 14 sets, possible 18 (likely store exclusives)

Edited by TeriXeri

Just now, TeriXeri said:

Hidden Side was at Toy Fair but wasn't a 14-18 set launch theme like Nexo/Chima

True. But let's take into account that:

-Monkey Kid is a AR theme like Hidden Side 

-Will be probably marketed like it

And where else could they reveal it? This is like the perfect moment to reveal the theme. You could say they can reveal it at their special event in May or June where they nowadays reveal all the summer sets but it would be overshadowed by all those set reveals including Ninjago, Star Wars, Jurassic World probably, Marvel, DC, etc. Fingers crossed. 

Just now, Harkonen said:

And where else could they reveal it? This is like the perfect moment to reveal the theme. 

I agree this is the best time/place to reveal it.

Nexo was announced in October due to being a January launch theme, and this looks like it'll follow the similar 2nd half year launch like Hidden Side. 

12 minutes ago, leafan said:

@Harkonen - So you're back now? Didn't you make up loads of fake leaks and then run when you got called on it?

Well, he’s not claiming to have any info anymore, so he’s just speculating like the rest of us. I don’t see anything wrong with that.