7 hours ago, Lego David said:
14 hours ago, Lord Insanity said:

That is like saying we wouldn't see a Greek mythology theme because Lego already made Pharaoh's Quest an Egyptian mythology based theme.  :wacko:

No, that's not what we meant. We meant that we don't think LEGO would release two Asian-Inspired themes at the same time. I'm not saying LEGO could never do a Greek Mythology because they already did Pharaoh's Quest, what I'm saying is that I don't expect two see two themes like that running at the same time as each other, because there would be too much competition.

Well, for as similar as Ninjago would seem to a theme based upon/inspired after Chinese mythology to us western audiences, over there they'd probably feel the same way between two different themes that respectively have American and European inspirations.

On 1/31/2020 at 2:15 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

What do the other Minifigs (including villains, if present) look like, and what skin-colour do the Human characters use (standard yellow, flesh-tone, or something else)? 
From having briefly Googled these characters, it seems likely that Tang Sanzang will be a normal Minifig, and that Zhu Bajie will have a mould similar to a Gamorrean. 

Edited by Harkonen

18 hours ago, Harkonen said:

-Zhu Bajie ("Pigsy")

Do you know what sort of head piece Pigsy will have? A fully molded one, a helmet like Chima or something more subtle?

3 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

Expect something similar to the CMF Monkey King minifigure in how they will be done. Some of the characters will use new head moulds. 

Ah ok, so animalistic printing on a normal headpiece, with maybe some hair pieces that add pigs ears for example?

On 1/30/2020 at 6:38 PM, Harkonen said:

The sets are more fantasy like Elves, we get lots of buildings and a ship. Minifigs are based on the Monkey King lore.

Wonderful!! Sounds like music to my ears! Hurray for more mythology! Also, about time since China alone has about as many inhabitants as Europe and North America combined. More recognition, trough adaptation, of Asian mythology is therefore much welcomed. 

On 2/1/2020 at 3:43 PM, Lego David said:

@Harkonen Will Monkie Kid have any Spinjtzu-style gimmick sets? 

Edited by Harkonen

@Harkonen The original rumor for this theme was that it's going to be a new Constraction theme, but the more recent rumors say that it's going to be a System theme. By any chance, will this theme have any Constraction sets mixed in with the System sets (kinda like with Legends of Chima)? Or will it be a fully System theme? 

On 2/1/2020 at 5:20 PM, Lego David said:

@Harkonen The original rumor for this theme was that it's going to be a new Constraction theme, but the more recent rumors say that it's going to be a System theme. By any chance, will this theme have any Constraction sets mixed in with the System sets (kinda like with Legends of Chima)? Or will it be a fully System theme? 

Edited by Harkonen

Now, I wonder, who will be the villians of this theme? In the actual journey to the west they fight a variety of demons along the way, but they aren't all working together, so there's no "unified" villainous force. Is that how this theme will be handled, or are they taking some liberties in that regard? If it's more faithful, then having that variety of villians in one wave sounds fun!

46 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

Ninjago sets started to leak. I am waiting for the Monkey Kid sets to leak. 

Already?? Cool, so that means we’ll soon get to see the monkey kid and hidden side sets!?!

about leaks... anyone thinks that lego leaks it themselves when there is too much speculation?  Sometimes I wonder..

Edited by Megbricks

Just now, TeriXeri said:

Hope we'll get a horse, since "White Dragon Horse" is one of the main characters in Journey to the West.

That would be great

Remember the badly dubbed tv series was a bit of thing as a kid in the 80s, so I'm curious if nothing else. 

Agree with those saying this is TLG just blatantly chasing the Chinese market, along with the numerous CNY sets and Old Trafford.

2 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Agree with those saying this is TLG just blatantly chasing the Chinese market, along with the numerous CNY sets and Old Trafford.

I still find it interesting for exploring stories that might not be known much in the West. (beside adaptations like Dragon Ball and such)

As long as the sets are good, I don't mind a fresh take on a Fantasy/Historic theme not based on vehicles/mechs for once (Elves did that but the last new sets were almost 2 years ago)

Edited by TeriXeri

Someone over in the Pirates forum mentioned a ship as part of this theme? Have we heard anything about what the sets are going to be like beyond ‘location-based, based on Journey to the West’? 

2 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Someone over in the Pirates forum mentioned a ship as part of this theme? Have we heard anything about what the sets are going to be like beyond ‘location-based, based on Journey to the West’? 

That info was from Harkonen, in now deleted posts. All we know is what he said, location based, some gimmick sets, and a ship. Right now, we know so little, beyond that the theme exists in the first place. I guess we'll have to see, maybe from a press release before NYTF?

3 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

See my reply in the pirate forum

Okay, I just read through this entire post, and I must say, the logo is really giving me Dragon Ball vibes. Both this theme and Dragon Ball are both derived from Journey to the West, and when you think about it, Goku was a monkey kid, as is the main character of Monkie Kid, or so we can assume.

If this theme is what I think it is, how similar will it be to Dragon Ball? I'm thinking the original Dragon Ball, not Z or Super.

Also, Harkonen quit Eurobricks because he thought he was being called a liar, and has therefore deleted several of his posts. Take anything he says with a grain of salt.

Here are set prices converted to USD:

• 71360 - $59.99
  • 71361 - $3.99
  • 71362 - $39.99
  • 71363 - $19.99
  • 71364 - $19.99
  • 71365 - $29.99
  • 71366 - $29.99
  • 71367 - $29.99
  • 71368 - $69.99
  • 71369 - $99.99
  • 71370 - $9.99
  • 71371 - $9.99
  • 71372 - $9.99
  • 71373 - $9.99

Set lineup looks pretty standard for a big bang theme, but what intrigues me is sets 71370-71373. I would assume these are similar to the Battle Suit or Speezorz sets from Nexo Knights and Chima respectively, not being part of the main lineup.

Here's something else that's interesting. On this German site, an additional four sets (71374-71377) are listed, but no prices are known.

https://www.stonewars.de/lego-2020/#lego-8222leaf8220-2020

I know this was a long post, but I had a lot to say.

Edited by Stardown

14 hours ago, Megbricks said:

Already?? Cool, so that means we’ll soon get to see the monkey kid and hidden side sets!?!

about leaks... anyone thinks that lego leaks it themselves when there is too much speculation?  Sometimes I wonder..

Definitely not, some people in the leak community have been threatened with lawsuits before because they posted confidential images (leaks).

3 hours ago, Stardown said:

Here's something else that's interesting. On this German site, an additional four sets (71374-71377) are listed, but no prices are known.

I assume those will be retail exclusives or something like that, therefore not being part of the main line-up. Both Chima and Nexo Knights also had four retail exclusive sets in their debut years.

Edited by Lego David