Larry Andersen

Problems with Leibherr Control+ App

I have been having one hell of a time working through the problems with the Leibherr Control+ app.  Each time I completed a step and went to run the test software for that step my iPad couldn't pair up with the hub.  I discovered that if I deleted the app and reloaded it onto my iPad, ran through the previous steps test. then I could connect and run the next test.  After I completed the whole build I had to delete the app, download it again, run through the tests, and go through calibration, all to be able to reach the control panel to operate the model.  After playing with it I turned it off by pressing each hub's green button until it blinked white at me.  I come back to play with it again and I am unable to link with the hub again.  Deleting the app on my iPod and loading it again, also going though all of the tests and recalibrating, I am able to pair and control it again.  I forgot to add that the app locks up my iPad while trying to pair forcing my to cycle power to get control of it again.  This has become a real pain and I'm starting to look at this model as only a static display.

Edited by Larry Andersen

I ran into some issues too but I got it working in the end try the following:

Check if the hubs need new filmware by holding down the green button on the hub it should change to a white flashing light looking for the smart device. If my memory serves me right once connected you can  continue to hold down the green button to update the filmware in the hub (you should see the light change and it should also show you on your smart device about the status of the update).

I had to update the filmware about four times before I got it connected/working corectly. Have you tried another device if you have access to any other?

9 hours ago, Larry Andersen said:

Both hubs did a firmware update the first time they connected.  The connectivity problem continued after the update.

This is the very reason I decided not to buy the Leibherr 42100 set.
I have an unsused Minestorms set which I never figured how to programe it,  so no chance with Contol + App.

I am glad I have a large stock of PF componants which are tried & tested.
I recently even managed to track down and buy - probably the last in the UK a brand new PF switch with pole reverser suitable for GBC trains.

Edited by Doug72

I've posted elsewhere as to an issue i had, but i caused that... once i corrected it, my experience was flawless.

Serious question here. Are these issues more common on Apple devices? I've seen very widespread issues with apple device connectivity when used in commercial environments, where windows connects and is stable, apple craps itself.. (in fairness, Win 8 when through a phase of dumping bluetooth connections but that got fixed).

I've just spent a half hour on the phone with LEGO customer support.  After they dug around a little they discovered that I'm not the only one with this problem and that it started with the last update of the IOS Control+ software.  Supposedly the app developers are working on it and hope to have a fix in the next update.  So far the only sure way of getting the app to work is to either delete it and reload it or wait until it times out, overnight maybe.

On 1/5/2020 at 5:53 PM, TeamThrifty said:

Are these issues more common on Apple devices

Told you! :grin:

9 hours ago, Larry Andersen said:

So far the only sure way of getting the app to work is to either

Buy a windows device! Less pretty but stable and functional..!!

8 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

Buy a windows device! Less pretty but stable and functional..!!

Windows devices don't support the control+ app (or the powered up app)

5 hours ago, Tcm0 said:

Windows devices don't support the control+ app

You can run Android apps on a Windows PC or laptop using an Android emulator, or use something like iPadian to run apple apps on windows... the world is bigger that the Apple tyranny would have you believe!! :roflmao: