Restoring Order to Chaos -Roadmonkeytj

Relief Mission - Gedren_y 

The road towards peace - Keymonus

The town over the cliffs - Keymonus

The Battle for Lowtown - Keymonus

Civilization is Returning - Roadmonkeytj

Fire and blood! - Keymonus

Time to Go Home - Keymonus

(A reflection back on the end of December 619 Infero Pordejon, Charlatan Bay)

The fight for Charlatan Bay seemed to be at an end now ... Almost a year of skirmishes and battles in the streets. 

The fighting was not like that any colonial army had ever seen.  There was no presenting arms there was no formations waiting to open fire. 

The men of Charlatan Bay were not void of fighting experience even though nariey any of them had never trained in an Army. 

The Men of Charlatan Bay knew one thing and they knew it well ... boarding.  Because of this there were no battle fields there was only the unexpected.

The Skirmishes that took place were bloody as men would lie in wait for the Malitia to make it's advance.  Suddenly a lone cry of attack would break the still air, followed by a team of screaming as men armed with pistols, muskets, axes, or spiked clubs would pour out of alleyways, from behind closed doors, emerge from piles of hay, or simply seem to just manifest from thin air.  

Those that weren't killed or severely wounded would disappear as quickly as they appeared when the call to retreat was given.

All of this was still circulating in Gustaf's head when he joined Tristan's men at the Docks.

IMG_2984

(Photo credit to Keymonus)

It was easy for Gustaf to slip away for a moment and pen a letter in Honest Bob's.

The harder part was to get a messenger to deliver it to Tristan after it was too late to tack back around.

Luckily there was enough commotion at the Docks and a messenger was obtained without notice.

IMG_2980

(Photo credit to Keymonus)

With that task done Gustaf rejoined Tristan and finished seeing the long boats off.

Once the sails were unfurled Gustaf retired to the Governor's House on the edge of Hightown overlooking the Bay where he would watch the ship make it's way around the North Point and on it's way to Acropolis.  

Sunset2.lxf

Once Tristan had been well under way and the settlement had slipped out of the range of the sextant a cabin boy presented Tristan with a letter bearing Gustaf's seal.

Tristan,

It is with a deep saddness that I must watch your masts fade away on the horizon.  It has been a fond journey fighting along side you once again.  The New Malitia is quite a feat for this settlement.  Citizens protecting fellow citizens is a monumental accomplishment in this city of the underbelly.  My joy however is quinched with the fear that  this new found peace will not last. 

As the Nights have grown longer as the seasons have changed I find myself overhearing whispers in the shadows and alleyways.  They talk of the remaining street gangs staging to divide low town again after ”the regulars” depart from this place.  It's as if your trained men hold some sort of power over them that the newly trained Malitia does not.  It's as if they feel they can turn the Malitia to their cause again.  I fear for this fragile balance that those men that choose to stay hold.  I fear how quickly it will all unravel once the public opinion sways.

Please don't be frustrated that I didn't share this in person.  I know how you are ... You would have stayed and continued this fight with me.  Alas my friend I recognize your need to conduct your affairs.  This is why I only tell you in this letter.  I could not bear it on my heart to hear of you swinging from a gallows as a traitor to your duties because you chose  to stay and fight!  I know you feel a personal responsibility for this fight but I believe it is time to involve your Superiors.  I believe a well trained Malitia will only carry us so far.   I have drawn plans for construction of barracks and training  grounds in front of the low wall of the fort.  Perhaps you could pass word that the new Govenor of Charlatan Bay is willing to put up toops and ships in the Harbor to help support the new order of the Bay.

Good luck with your endevors and I eagerly await for news of your response.

Your good Friend 

Gustaf VonBricktin

Govenor of Charlatan Bay

What does this mean for Charlatan Bay? Gustaf has been Promoted to Govenor of Charlatan Bay.  New Construction is underway.  The fighting is Quelled for now. All that is left is to wait and see.

comments welcome!

Ooh, very nice work with that sunset scene, Roadmonkey!  And I'm curious - does the orange and yellow continue under the water, or are those trans-yellow and trans-dark pieces with the orange underneath?

Also, nice way to wrap up this storyline - looking forward to seeing what happens now in Charlatan's Bay! 

10 minutes ago, Garmadon said:

Ooh, very nice work with that sunset scene, Roadmonkey!  And I'm curious - does the orange and yellow continue under the water, or are those trans-yellow and trans-dark pieces with the orange underneath?

Also, nice way to wrap up this storyline - looking forward to seeing what happens now in Charlatan's Bay! 

Thanks!

There are orange and yellow under the water ... There is also dark and light grey under the water to simulate the reflection of the clouds and and depth to the water.  There is trans yellow, trans orange at the waters edge ... I originally tried with just it under and didn't like the effect.  Also tried pinks and purple's but did not like the way it looked at this scale.

Consider this chapter 1 if this story line.

6 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

There are orange and yellow under the water ... There is also dark and light grey under the water to simulate the reflection of the clouds and and depth to the water.  There is trans yellow, trans orange at the waters edge ... I originally tried with just it under and didn't like the effect.  Also tried pinks and purple's but did not like the way it looked at this scale.

Alright - and re: pinks and purples, yeah, I can see that.  I'll have to try this sometime in the brick myself though, if I get the chance; it's a really neat effect!

6 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Consider this chapter 1 if this story line.

Oh, nice! :excited:

18 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

The LDD shot is brilliant !

And a nice dock scene !

Well done !

Thank you 

13 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Alright - and re: pinks and purples, yeah, I can see that.  I'll have to try this sometime in the brick myself though, if I get the chance; it's a really neat effect!

If you didn't pick up on this the water is snotted trans brick. It's really a stunning effect in real brick as well ... I seen it in a forced perspective moc and wanted to try myself

I second all the comments about the sunset! But I fear for Charlatan bay... Is it truly wise to keep the bluecoats present in one of our great settlements? *oh2*

Never trust an Imp :pir-yoda:

4 hours ago, Fraunces said:

I second all the comments about the sunset! But I fear for Charlatan bay... Is it truly wise to keep the bluecoats present in one of our great settlements? *oh2*

Never trust an Imp :pir-yoda:

Time will tell if one of the greatest pirate settlements besides Bastion will become civilized or will fall back into the depths of the underbelly.

Wonderful dock scene. It feels appropriately crowded, with good minifigs posing and a feeling of movement. And the sunset is fabulous! :thumbup:

But … Charlatan Bay has someone named Honest Bob?!:pir-oh:

Wonderful sunset @Roadmonkeytj! The shades of water are very effective, as well as the sun in a microscale.

On 1/7/2020 at 8:55 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Wonderful dock scene. It feels appropriately crowded, with good minifigs posing and a feeling of movement. And the sunset is fabulous! :thumbup:

But … Charlatan Bay has someone named Honest Bob?!:pir-oh:

Thank you for the comment about the docks! And yes, here he is! Probably "Honest" is only the surname! :grin:

IMG_3054