This is a thread for fans of the Hidden Side theme to discuss what they'd like to see in the upcoming waves of sets/the app/the shorts

For example, I'd like to see:

Minifigures: JB with her goggles down, Parker and Jack with no headgear, a different eye print for Spencer. More ghost minifigs, especially the boss ghosts (Lady E, Mamali, the Bawa and Tragico would be the most possible, as they're the most minifigure-like). For the other boss ghost, definetly bigfigs for Mr Nibs, Dr Drewell and Captain Archibald

Sets: Maybe a haunted bank that shoots money with gloombie thieves, more sets taking place in the Hidden Side itself...

Feel free to share your hopes/wishlists! 

Thanks for sharing my idea @Digger of Bricks ! I'm working on the next video in that series.

Two things I'd definitely love to see in future waves would be JB with her googles down and a new variant for Spencer (ideally him growling/snarling).  

I had an idea for concept of a historic focus, where Vladek from KK2 makes a return to reclaim his what his rightfully his, but the Hidden Side team gets help from newbury founder to stop him. (note both the Founder of Newbury and Vladek would be in physical form rather than just being a box art and likely to be forgotten app game)

So far I have 5 ideas

• Spooky Statue (1800s)
  • Possessed Dino Skeleion (stone age)
  • Mech Testing Haywire (present day) (this one place reference to the giant mech duel back in 2017. If El Fuego is flesh again, he could be the test driver of it)
  • Cursed of the Shipwreck (pirate)
  • Darken Knights Awakening (castle) [flagship set]

You know, I'd be kinda cool if we saw some ghostly takes on protagonists from action/adventure themes past as benevolent allies. For instance, how 'bout Ghost Johnny Thunder, Jake Raines, or the crew from Monster Fighters? :shrug_oh_well:

5 hours ago, Cut the Kragle said:

Thanks for sharing my idea @Digger of Bricks!

You're welcome! :classic:

2 hours ago, ShadowWolfHount said:

Possessed Dino Skeleion (stone age)

Heh, this does sound like a cool idea... :thumbup: :oh:

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Heh, this does sound like a cool idea... :thumbup: :oh:

It's the first one I made a concept of this idea as a $15-20 set; sense there is that idea Dinosaur Fossils with a T-rex with other for $60. Turn out the size of that is pretty limited of placing in hidden stuff, but the rib cage could be use to capture people.

12 hours ago, ShadowWolfHount said:

Possessed Dino Skeleion (stone age)

That would be so cool! Made me think about a Hidden Side set based on a haunted Newbury museum... Inspired!

9 hours ago, ShadowWolfHount said:

Turn out the size of that is pretty limited of placing in hidden stuff, but the rib cage could be use to capture people.

Alright, that ribcage idea in particular is kinda brilliant... :thumbup: :laugh: 

I'd imagine such a skeletal build would be of a Lime Green/Trans. Neon Green coloring to give that ghostly look. :shrug_oh_well:

I really just want a Hares of Havoc club house set. That's the main thing I'd like to see. I'm already full stoked to see another gang member will be included in the upcoming GWP set later this month. 

There's also this rather ominous cathedral that is notably present in every piece promotional art. I wonder if it's significant? A haunted cathedral set could be amazing!

Which GWP is that? I've only seen the Hidden Side stunt cannon polybag promo that comes with a skeleton El Fuego.

As cool as that would be, I can't see LEGO going anywhere near anything with religious significance like that.

12 hours ago, Cut the Kragle said:

Which GWP is that? I've only seen the Hidden Side stunt cannon polybag promo that comes with a skeleton El Fuego.

As cool as that would be, I can't see LEGO going anywhere near anything with religious significance like that.

The Drag Racer (set 40408). It's available January 24 to February 9 with a 50$ spend. There's also a second polybag due out this year featuring Enzo (the cook from the Shrimp Shack) and a hot dog stand.

Say, how 'bout a Haunted Hotel, one of an Art Deco/Gatesby-esque style with a vibe evocative of The Shining's Overlook Hotel? :grin:

A Castle set would be nice, even if it was a somewhat "facade" style like the school, but also not rely on 50 stickers or too much transformative features taking away from the depth.

A Castle (or Tower or Ruin) doesn't need to function as an everyday building but could still feature ghosts in knights armor, living stone statues/gargoyles or spiderwebs. 

Edited by TeriXeri

On 1/8/2020 at 9:18 PM, TeriXeri said:

A Castle set would be nice, even if it was a somewhat "facade" style like the school, but also not rely on 50 stickers or too much transformative features taking away from the depth.

A Castle (or Tower or Ruin) doesn't need to function as an everyday building but could still feature ghosts in knights armor, living stone statues/gargoyles or spiderwebs. 

The latest issue of the Hidden Side magazine was set in an old fort/castle...

Nice, but I've learned to take those magazine comics to take a with a huge grain of salt with locations/buildings/sets they feature.

For example Nexo Knights showed the City/Villages/Royal Transport "Hover Train" , among other things, which never had sets :look:

Edited by TeriXeri

Oh yeah, totally agree. But it would be really cool to get something like Newbury Fort with some Pirates and Soldiers as ghosts. There's some pictures of it in my review of the latest issue below. Colonel Vendette would make an epic bigfig as well!

If I could wish for only one thing only, then definitely bigfig Boss ghosts in their respective transparent colours.

Edited by Lucarex

On 1/11/2020 at 11:17 PM, Lucarex said:

If I could wish for only one thing only, then definitely bigfig Boss ghosts in their respective transparent colours.

Exactly

On 1/6/2020 at 6:17 AM, klinton said:

I really just want a Hares of Havoc club house set. That's the main thing I'd like to see. I'm already full stoked to see another gang member will be included in the upcoming GWP set later this month. 

There's also this rather ominous cathedral that is notably present in every piece promotional art. I wonder if it's significant? A haunted cathedral set could be amazing!

Are we sure it includes a new character? Seems like it could be Dwayne again (same torso and legs).

Edited by Gorki247

1 hour ago, Gorki247 said:

Are we sure it includes a new character? Seems like it could be Dwayne again (same torso and legs).

Yeah, the one advertised in next month's magazine just looks like Joey as well, but they haven't named her as such... So I guess it might just be a simple head transplant to make a "different" character.

On 11 January 2020 at 2:17 PM, Lucarex said:

I totally agree. Those would make for excellent Big Figs. Having them only as part of the game and story is really disappointing.

Oh, I'm not expecting new prints on the minifigs. Just more torsos for gang members are welcome. :)

On 1/14/2020 at 4:45 AM, Lego David said:

I totally agree. Those would make for excellent Big Figs. Having them only as part of the game and story is really disappointing.

100% Especially as they take up a third or more on the front of the box and then are listed alongside the actual minifigures on the top.

One idea I've been trying to MOC, but with little success, is a Hidden Side basketball court. There are several characters in team jerseys or varsity jackets for the "Squids" already. A basketball court set (or half-court, if they wanted it to be smaller) could feature hoops that "lunge" forward as the backboard flips to reveal haunted jaws or claws, a scoreboard that could switch its display to a haunted face, and figs such as basketball players (who in a possessed form could make great use of extended torso parts like the ones in the Shrimp Shack or Fairground), cheerleaders, or even a mascot costume (which could either be a fig in a specially molded costume like in the CMFs or a bulky brick-built costume on fig legs like the Lion Dance figures in this year's Chinese New Year sets). Depending on how contained/walled off the set was, it could also potentially complement the existing High School set really well.