Hinckley

Thack Desteck—Day 5, A Pain in the Butt

Players (in their anonymous character accounts) only please!!!

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

Day Five has begun. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will last precisely 72 hours. Each day a random player will be given a scroll. The scroll will contain an ability that the Neutral (Traveler) can use. It will be up to the player who receives the scroll if they want to pass it along to the Traveler.

***Characters chosen for fake-out death scenes are chosen completely at random. Their involvement in the Night scenes gives no indication of their role or affiliation. They are simply for fun, nothing more.

Rules

(Deviations from the EB standard Mafia rules are in bold blue. Modified clauses have been struck through.)

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town (Oceanides) or the Scum (Gorgons). To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Mafia, while the Mafia needs to kill off all of the Town, or nothing can prevent this from happening (see example role PMs below) Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

1a. This is an anonymous game and you may only post in your character account sent to you by the host. Be sure to check before you post that you are in your anonymous account and not in your main Eurobricks account.

1b. When communicating in private, you should not reveal you true identities to each other, either.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting is mandatory. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character. Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character. No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. The player with the most votes will be lynched.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. A majority being reached will not end the day. The day will continue for the full 72 hours and any majority vote that is reached can be overturned. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

3.5. Players may not target the same player two nights in a row, and may not target themselves. Players may not target themselves. Unless otherwise noted in your role PM, players CAN target the same player two nights in a row.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the following day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage. Similarly, you may not directly quote any communications that were sent to you by other players in the game. If you wish to reveal private communications, these must also be paraphrased. 

5a. The Role PM is structured for every player in this way:

Player: Your EB Profile

Character: Character name

Affiliation: Town (Oceanide) or Scum (Gorgon) or Neutral (Traveler)

Role: [Either the details of a Night Action or] Vanilla. You have no ability. Your power is in your vote! Use it wisely.

Win Condition: Either (You win when all of the Gorgons (Scum) are eliminated) or (You win when all of the Oceanides (Town) are dead, or nothing can prevent this from happening) or (Neutral's win condition)

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a vote penalty of half the required majority against you on your first offense, and the death of your character on your second offense. Violation of rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, including suspension, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator. A warning will be given upon our first violation of Rule 1. Do be careful when posting to ensure you are posting from the correct account.

12. There are no hints or clues in the day/night images.

NPC

0_tellia.jpg

Queen Tellia, Ruler of Thack Desteck

0_naryyus.jpg

King Naryyus, Dead King

0_kyrrio.jpg

Kyrrio, King's Guard

0_ddewy.jpg

Ddewy, Queen's Guard

0_killer.jpg

—, Killer-for-hire

0_proochllooeros.jpg

Proochllooeros, Ocean Shaman

Characters

araveea.jpg

Araveea, Master of Music

cadd.jpg

Cadd, Special Counsel to the Queen

eeyara.jpg

Eeyara, Master of Negotiations

luxxon.jpg

Luxxon, Master of Music

marwyyn.jpg

Marwyyn, Master of Architecture

nancy.jpg

Nancy, Master of Coin

tameekys.jpg

Tameekys, Master of Agriculture

zandder.jpg

Zandder, Master of Coral Protection

The Dead

ronnan.jpg

Ronnan, Master of War—Oceanidemudered on Night One

coralaaze.jpg

Coralaaze, Master of Education—Gorgonpew-pewed on Day Three

mazziko.jpg

Mazziko, Master of Labor—Oceanidemudered on Night Three

nerrio.jpg

Nerrio, Master of Public Relations—Gorgonpew-pewed on Day Three

scabowee_wah.jpg

Scabowee-wah, Master of Invertebrate Relations—Oceanidemudered on Night Four

**Council titles are strictly for players to have fun with their characters.

Bah goo. 

shame he had a name that was so easy to make fun of. And that he had no spine.

in any case, one to go and eight pieces left on the board.

The paranoia is setting in. I understand people’s reticence and playing things close to the chest, but in the end working out which information went where when will solve this. 

On 1/3/2020 at 12:33 AM, Hinckley said:

Vote Tally

Marwyyn: 3 (penalty, penalty, penalty)
Nerrio: 7 (Cadd, Scabowee-wah, Luxxon, Marwynn, Nancy, Tameekys, Zandder)
Tameekys: 1 (Nerrio)
Scabowee-wah: 2 (Araveea, Eeyara)

So what I'm wondering now is whether or not the Traitor is about, and what powers he might gain if the scum are dead. Would he only gain a kill action or would he also gain some additional actions the scum might have had? Strongman are scary.

Or maybe he wouldn't get to do anything and we'd just win. If that's the case, then obviously the Traitor has already been recruited or recalled.

Also if a yet to be recruited Traitor is pew-pewed, would his alignment be revealed as Gorgon or "Not Gorgon"?

40 minutes ago, Zandder said:

I really enjoyed the Baby Shark cover, Luxxon & Araveea :laugh:

:hmpf:

1 hour ago, Marwyyn said:

So what I'm wondering now is whether or not the Traitor is about, and what powers he might gain if the scum are dead. Would he only gain a kill action or would he also gain some additional actions the scum might have had? Strongman are scary.

Or maybe he wouldn't get to do anything and we'd just win. If that's the case, then obviously the Traitor has already been recruited or recalled.

Also if a yet to be recruited Traitor is pew-pewed, would his alignment be revealed as Gorgon or "Not Gorgon"?

I'm willing to bet that if the Traitor was voted out they'd be seen as Gorgon. If the traitor was already voted out with a Not Gorgon result (Oceanside) the game would be over. It's entirely possible that Nerrio was the traitor, seeing as how the scum were able to kill last night. Unless we're operating under the assumption that they were successful in recruiting the traitor on Night Two. 

Right now the list of people I trust is rather small. 

1 hour ago, Zandder said:

Must be a generational divide or something...

Or just a matter of taste...

Scabowee-wah, Goo but not forgotten. :cry_sad:

How much will the treasury have to pay to get him outta the rugs? :look: 

2 hours ago, Marwyyn said:

I think Nerrio might have been the traitor and they recalled him night two, perhaps by chance. The interaction between him and Coralaaze day one is impressive scum-play, if they were both original scummers.

I think the remaining gorgon will have one remaining power in addition to their factional kill, but they would probably also get to keep a single shot ninja/strongman if it had already been given out.

1 hour ago, Tameekys said:

It's entirely possible that Nerrio was the traitor, seeing as how the scum were able to kill last night. Unless we're operating under the assumption that they were successful in recruiting the traitor on Night Two. 

I don't see how the scum being able to kill last night equates to thinking Nerrio was the traitor, you can see I think he might have been, I just don't follow your logic here. I'm also not sure exactly what it is you're saying in the second sentence. Are you saying that Nerrio can't be the traitor if the scum were successful in recruiting night two? 

Well, it appears that everything I've thought the whole time is wrong. I apparently have no scumdar at all.

I don't know that it matters if Nerrio was the traitor does it? Obviously one scum is left now or we would be free from the invesgation today. Did they use the kill on night 2 for recalling the traitor? It seems likely at this point that is what happened. So anyone that was investigated on night 1 is still not cleared.

It is still early in the day though, hopefully more helpful info will come from last night's actions. I am not even going to venture a guess right now as I'm floored that I was so wrong yesterday.

3 hours ago, Eeyara said:

I don't know that it matters if Nerrio was the traitor does it? Obviously one scum is left now or we would be free from the invesgation today. Did they use the kill on night 2 for recalling the traitor? It seems likely at this point that is what happened. So anyone that was investigated on night 1 is still not cleared.

It matters. Are people being investigated as "Not Gorgon" or "Town" or "Oceanide"? That's how we can tell whether the Gorgons recruited or just failed to kill on Night Two.

5 hours ago, Marwyyn said:

That's weird. Mine's rather large.

Whom can we trust then, your cryptic majesty?

7 hours ago, Marwyyn said:

That's weird. Mine's rather large.

Alright then size queen, tell us. Like Zandder I would also like to know who we can trust, in your opinion. 

Well the only thing I can 100% rely on is that Nancy is the inventor, since nobody has counterclaimed against her. I don't know who has been investigated, and because of lack of clarity over whether the traitor was recruited or not, I don't even know if the people who do know should trust those results. I'm glad you're so confident.

Bah. Loops.

amusingly. You, Tameekys are the only one I’ve not talked with behind the temple. I’d be interested to hear if you’ve anything worthwhile to add to the scumhunt

Voting is now open. 47 hours and 50 minutes remain in Day Five. An interlude will be up tomorrow some time.

I do think something is fishy about Tameekys. Day 1, this reply to Coralaaze:

On 12/16/2019 at 6:29 AM, Tameekys said:

I have half a mind to vote for you just because of that pun. Regardless, voting is mandatory. For now I will: 

Vote: Cadd

Later day 1, this is Coralaaze (emphasis mine):

On 12/17/2019 at 2:24 PM, Coralaaze said:

Tameekys' got her head screwed on right. I would honestly prefer a lynch to not, because it gives us much more to work with, but somehow I'm in the minority here about that. :hmpf_bad:

And on Day 2, replying to Tameekys:

On 12/19/2019 at 1:24 PM, Coralaaze said:

A pretty reasonable take. The odds a successful block/protect, assuming we have those, seem lower than the odds of the scum just getting lucky and targeting the traitor. Assuming recall traitor and kill are mutually exclusive. Assuming they even have the former role.

I don't know, those two appeared to have something special going on. Their level of personal interaction is odd, especially since Coralaaze wasn't known for interacting a lot.

Vote: Tameekys.

Araveea and Eeyara are the only two that did not vote for Nerrio yesterday. Besides Nerrio, who also did not vote for himself but instead voted for me. The two of them voted for Scabowee-wah instead, who turned out to be town. Araveea is the one the investigator presumably investigated as town which is why she gave us Coralaaze to vote out. Unless it's some kind of next level play that they cooked up in order to reach out to the traitor. Since the town roles were not revealed to us at the start of the game, we don't know for sure that there is an investigator out there. 

Since Marwyyn hasn't seen fit to share with us her trusted peoples list, I will share mine. I would say I only trust Nancy, Cadd, and perhaps Araveea presuming she didn't pull a fast one on us. Marwyyn has been too vocal and too talkative in my opinion. Even though most of her posts, as I said yesterday, are really saying nothing while using a lot of words, I don't know if it would be a good scum move. That would leave Zandder, Luxxon, and Eeyara. Araveea said she had a positive conversation with Eeyara on Day Three before revealing to us that Coralaaze was a Gorgon, so make of that what you will. 

On 1/4/2020 at 11:12 AM, Nancy said:

I don't see how the scum being able to kill last night equates to thinking Nerrio was the traitor, you can see I think he might have been, I just don't follow your logic here. I'm also not sure exactly what it is you're saying in the second sentence. Are you saying that Nerrio can't be the traitor if the scum were successful in recruiting night two? 

I was saying that since there was a scum kill last night, Nerrio was likely the traitor, unless the traitor was recruited on Night Two when there was no kill. This is because the traitor did not have a kill role, and even though Nerrio was voted out, there was still a kill. If that makes sense. It makes sense in my head, alright. 

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

Vote Tally

Tameekys: 2 (Zandder, Araveea)
Non-voters: 6 (Eeyara, Cadd, Luxxon, Marwyyn, Nancy, Tameekys)

Currently, Tameekys has the most votes and will be pew-pewed unless another player receives more votes. 24 hours remain in Day Five.

14 hours ago, Zandder said:

Vote: Tameekys

12 hours ago, Araveea said:

Vote: Tameekys.