theozboy

Sale of Technic set collection?

Hi everyone, apologies if this is in the wrong section, but I have a Lego Technic collection that I am considering selling as I am moving to Canada in the near future if all goes well.

In an ideal world I'd love to keep it, despite not having used it in a good 4 years or so due to new jobs/houses/hobbies and life getting in the way generally. I'm not sure I can see myself coming back to Lego in the near or middle future and as I'm moving away and the money sure would come in useful at the moment - it's not cheap, moving to another country! Now, as I said i'd love to keep it, but storage in England is an issue - not much room at families houses to store it and I'm already planning to take a crate of my essentials and don't think it'll fit - so selling it might be the best option for me at the moment.

So that explains a little of the background, now on to the question of value and if someone would be interested in buying the whole collection - see below for a breakdown of what I've got. Ideally I'd like to sell as a whole, but I appreciate that if I return it to sets it'll be worth more, but time is a problem. It's currently all sorted into 3x drawer systems and a few cardboard boxes of tyres, long beams etc. It's worth noting that I have a lot more PF than is listed for each set as I bought a lot more so that I can build Jurgens Ultimate 42009, PF Backhoe Loader V2 and Link Belt 250X. According to Rebrickable, which should be a pretty accurate, the collection of 9 sets is worth £1,500 and there is another £800 worth of 1,329 parts, totaling £2,500. It should be fairly accurate as each time I bought a bunch of stuff from Brick Link I imported the stuff I bought into Rebrickable to keep track. I can forward the complete list if someone is interested. I have all the instructions, but no boxes for any of the sets. I think that there could be a couple of other small sets that aren't listed below but will be in with all the other bits.

Please let me know what you think it's worth and if someone is interested in buying the whole collection?

42006 Excavator

9394 Jet Plane

9397 Logging Truck

42043 Arocs (Currently Built)

8053 Mobile Crane

42009 Mobile Crane Mk II (Plus enough PF to make Jurgens Ultimate 42009)

42008 Service Truck

8263 Snow Groomer

8110 Unimog

Hopefully this link will work - https://www.dropbox.com/s/54ck6uemtjuts05/2014-07-20 19.06.30.jpg?dl=0