Captain Nemo

Minions 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

On 5/6/2020 at 7:18 AM, Lego-Freak said:

Spoke to soon, looks like the delay of the other three sets to 2021 is official: 

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-minions-the-rise-of-gru-sets-delayed/

Seems a bit silly to release two sets and delay the rest, especially since they were ready for release :wacko: Now they have to store tons of boxes somewhere for a whole year :head_back:

Lol Totally agree 

Madness. Either release all the sets or none of them. Terrible decision. Like the one to not use a molded head for that shocker of a Gru minifig.

Edited by Lucarex

15 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

This is the 2020. We need the 2021 one

Since most of the 2020 sets didn't come out in 2020, and it only generated four pages of discussion, you're now looking at it! :innocent2:

6 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

The movie now delayed to 2022… I wonder if the sets going to be delayed again ???

I would say it’s pretty likely. Then again Lego might just want them out in and market and push back on UPI. I’m sure they don’t want to be withholding in production products for 2 years.

I don't get why LEGO didn't just release them last year. Why would they release two sets and then release the other three YEARS latter? Yet the Comic Con sets got pushed out instead of holding them.

On 7/11/2020 at 12:32 AM, Lego-Freak said:

50098105458_a2078fdd3b_z.jpg

I just couldn't resist :laugh: Sorry not sorry

Yikes, the one in the middle left is nightmare stuff.

Try some of the Hidden Side eyes :D

4 minutes ago, badchriss said:

Yikes, the one in the middle left is nightmare stuff.

Try some of the Hidden Side eyes :D

Eye-sore

That was the very first thing I did when the first two sets were released :laugh: Just as creepy as one would expect 

2 Brickheadz sets have been seen in the usual spot. Both are 3 packs: Bob, Kevin [in orange jumpsuits] and Belle Bottom. Stuart, Otto [in blue overalls] and Gru.

12 hours ago, sunhuntin said:

2 Brickheadz sets have been seen in the usual spot. Both are 3 packs: Bob, Kevin [in orange jumpsuits] and Belle Bottom. Stuart, Otto [in blue overalls] and Gru.

oh you mean the new market store already has it? or photos on IG?

I like this 4+ set with the printed washing machine.  Low cost way to get extra minions too.  I wonder if there are more sets next year.  

On 6/14/2021 at 5:06 PM, karrit said:

Leak is in the usual place of a minifig accessory pack #40511.

I really like the minions accessory-pack, I didn’t like any of the sets but wanted a Lego minion or 2 just to play around with the new pieces. Love that it comes with two minifigures too! 

Also judging by the lack of pages on this discussion can we assume Lego minions is going to be one of the most AFOL-unpopular themes ever made? :laugh: I’m sure kids will love them anyway 

24 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Also judging by the lack of pages on this discussion can we assume Lego minions is going to be one of the most AFOL-unpopular themes ever made? :laugh: I’m sure kids will love them anyway 

The sets are well worth it in my opinion (especially the one with the buildable minions), but I get why most AFOLs don’t care about the theme :tongue:

Illumination simply killed the franchise for almost everyone outside the core audience with its extremely aggressive marketing, shoving the Minions into our faces 24/7. The cringey, embarassing Facebook “memes” certainly didn’t help their reputation either :laugh_hard: I still remember the first two movies being pretty well-liked, before the marketing department went of the deep end

I like the Minions & plan to get a couple of the sets when the GWP goes live next week since the polybag hasn't shown up anywhere else near me yet.  I also plan to get a couple of the accessory pack whenever they become available.  The Brickheadz didn't do anything for me though.  I did get the buildable set a while back when Walmart reduced the price online and I got Target to match it but never found them available at the lower clearance price.  A few years back I got the Megabloks Minions Advent Calendar before Lego got the license but they just weren't the same quality even though it was a cute set.  I'd much rather have some Minions than all the Super Mario junk.

Just came on to this subject and I have to say that "the other " company that had this license made ,cuter more adaptable figures ...I think that the build quality from Lego will be miles ahead ..but the mini-figs are really clunky looking!