Captain Nemo

Minions 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

11 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I’m loving the Kung Fu set(three banana colors- two new ones even) & the buildable Minions. Will likely for sure get the Kung Fu, have to see about the buildables.

I see four banana colours: red on the roof, yellow on the training dummy, gold on the statue in the temple, and tan on one of the Minions.

Edited by Kaanere

1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Wonder why some of the figures on display at the Toy Fair don't have the new arm pieces...

Having prototypes on display at the toy fairs is not unusual :wink:

1 hour ago, Kaanere said:

I see four banana colours: red on the roof, yellow on the training dummy, gold on the statue in the temple, and tan on one of the Minions.

Oh dang! I missed that one. I reckon it makes sense, they do love their bananas.

These all look pretty decent. I actually want most of them, even if just for the parts, especially that temple. Then again, I'm not one of those people who passionately hate the Minions for no good reason and actually enjoy the movies (although I do agree that their quality is declining). The only thing I'm really disappointed with is the Gru set. Gru and his bike look terrible! They look absolutely nothing like in the movie and more like some kid's attempt at making them from existing parts. Like all good cartoon characters, Gru has a very distinct shape, so I really hate that Lego seems to have abandoned molded heads outside of Trolls and alien or animal-based Disney characters. They could've at least given him a real scarf instead of just a print. Oh well, at least the minions are good. I like how you can switch out the heads, eyes, and hair to make your own minions.

After seeing the pictures of the sets will get 75551, but it's annoying that you can't build all three at the same time, so will likely get 2 and sell off the extras. Other than that, just want the minifigures except Gru.

Still massively disappointed in that Gru minifig. If ever there was an opportunity to make another moulded headpiece like Mr Burns from the first CMF Simpsons, this was it.

I read in the Super Mario thread that a lot of folks here believe that Minions is a one off theme but I don't think so. Keep in mind that if the sets sell very well they will do more and Minions/Despicable Me franchise is one of the most succesful animated franchises ever made. The Mega Blok/Construx sets sold very well too. I believe the theme will continue and I'm sure Minions Rise of Gru will hit a billion too. 

I can't see these selling well at all. Minions aren't big anymore. This is going to contribute to Lego's inevitable demise. This is going to be just like those Trolls sets, which are taking up shelf space.

I have no plan on getting any of these sets, but got to say that that the Minion minifigure form look spot on great and the brick-build minions & Kung Fu are the best two.

However the other 3 sets are just...   horrible. than again two of these are 4+ sets, but the bike just look thrown together. With the Gim minifigure, it look like they could made him in the same way as the minion but with longer arm and legs and a different head mold.

Gotta say, now that I've seen some pictures of the minions from the front, they look somewhat less good in my eyes.

Also sorry if this has already been discussed, but are the arms new pieces? They look so short. The pyjama minion is also shown on one of the leaked pictures with the yellow arms instead of his own arms. Does that mean they're more easily detachable than the regular minifigure arms?

7 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Well, if the movie got delayed to july 2021, What happens to this topic?

Does it get closed or does it get renamed to Minions 2021

Well, two of the sets are apparently still going to be released, so this thread isn't affected :shrug_oh_well:

The anatomy of the figures has been revealed on IG :grin: Can‘t wait to make use of certain specific tile pieces to create some unholy abominations :devil: 

98138pb056.png

Oh, and the two sets that are going to be released regardless of the delay are apparently on store shelves already, at least at some of usual suspects like Target

11 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The anatomy of the figures has been revealed on IG :grin: Can‘t wait to make use of certain specific tile pieces to create some unholy abominations :devil: 

Oh, and the two sets that are going to be released regardless of the delay are apparently on store shelves already, at least at some of usual suspects like Target

This theme is going to change the cursed Lego game

Edited by Darkdragon
Please don't quote images

I do actually really like how the Minions are constructed, there's a lot of customisation opportunity there! (and not to just to make them look possessed). 

Honestly it does kinda sound like a fun idea to get a couple of the figures just because. Just by getting the bike and lair, the two smallest sets, you get all four of the minifigures in their standard clothes. However, I've just seen Just2Good's review of the bike and don't really like the build and the lair would have useful pieces if it wasn't for the printed elements. I have a feeling I'll get the temple set as an impulse buy at some point, whenever that comes out...

I’m only interested if Lego later releases sets from the 1st movie. I need Minifigure Vector Perkins in my life. 

Check out those parts!
49794553487_36225dd7b6_b.jpg

The new 3x3 round tile is my fav! Could be ideal for use as a car hubcap for the next 'Creator Expert' model!

Spoke to soon, looks like the delay of the other three sets to 2021 is official: 

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-minions-the-rise-of-gru-sets-delayed/

Seems a bit silly to release two sets and delay the rest, especially since they were ready for release :wacko: Now they have to store tons of boxes somewhere for a whole year :head_back: