Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I just watched reviews for Hulkbuster and Avengers Tower (from Just2good).

Avengers Tower is such an incredible set! I absolutely love everything that's included. The build doesn't look too crampy or too spacey, but it still has so many details and play functions.

Hulkbuster, on the other hand, is terrible. I don't like a single thing about this build. The helmet is definitely the worst part.

We finally have the first images of the Iron Man Wall Art set :thumbup: You can build one of three motives: two versions of Iron Man or the Hulkbuster

Edit: I‘m glad to see they‘re using studs rather than tiles or plates, so no alignment issues! :head_back:

Edited by Lego-Freak

I can’t believe they’re going to make me buy three of these mosaics...and I can’t believe I’m going to do it because I’m a sucker for LEGO Marvel. I do think $120 is a bit too expensive considering they’re pushing consumers to buy 3-4 copies of each set. $100 would be a lot better. 

Ok, I have to admit. I had no interest in a LEGO Mosaic theme, but finally seeing these sets... oh did I change my mind. They’re GORGEOUS!

7 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I can’t believe they’re going to make me buy three of these mosaics...and I can’t believe I’m going to do it because I’m a sucker for LEGO Marvel. I do think $120 is a bit too expensive considering they’re pushing consumers to buy 3-4 copies of each set. $100 would be a lot better. 

Lego know how to suck in superhero fans! I'm in the same boat as you, buy 3 sets of the same set! A beautiful design! 

59 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

Lego know how to suck in superhero fans! I'm in the same boat as you, buy 3 sets of the same set! A beautiful design! 

Yeah. Being able to rebuild it into three different suits was cool, but I was like “no, you have to resist”. Then I saw that you can make the giant mosaic out of three sets and now I’ll cave. I’m hoping they go on sale at other retailers eventually though. 

15 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yeah. Being able to rebuild it into three different suits was cool, but I was like “no, you have to resist”. Then I saw that you can make the giant mosaic out of three sets and now I’ll cave. I’m hoping they go on sale at other retailers eventually though. 

I agree with you! Nice addition to the collection! Now to find those sales! 

Wow, I ordered the sets yesterday at 9:00 AM and one of my packages is already out for delivery with the others coming tomorrow. That’s the fastest shipping I’ve ever seen from LEGO! Hopefully it’s a sign that things are slowly getting back to normal with their production and delivery. 

43 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Is the Aim tower Attack listing from legoleaks real?

Look at the poster previous posts. It’s fake 

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Look at the poster previous posts. It’s fake 

Not only that, it‘s poorly edited with the wrong font, misaligned text fields and a different resolution of the edits compared to the original backdrop :laugh_hard:

Avengers tower does look great in reviews. The interior details are actually really nice. If there was one more exclusive fig, like Kamala or such, it would be perfect.

I may have missed it, but when is the HoA expansion supposed to release?

5 hours ago, nintendude64 said:

Avengers tower does look great in reviews. The interior details are actually really nice. If there was one more exclusive fig, like Kamala or such, it would be perfect.

I may have missed it, but when is the HoA expansion supposed to release?

It’s listed as September 1st on the US website, but the August 1st date is probably still correct for other countries. 

Just got Hulkbuster, he's way better than I thought, very solid amazing build SNOT everywhere.  So far that I've played with him, even on the shelf, his head looks great.  It is designed to lean forward infact the legs force him into a forward lean.   The complaints about the head are way, wayyyy overblown.

15 minutes ago, Rayskull said:

Just got Hulkbuster, he's way better than I thought, very solid amazing build SNOT everywhere.  So far that I've played with him, even on the shelf, his head looks great.  It is designed to lean forward infact the legs force him into a forward lean.   The complaints about the head are way, wayyyy overblown.

It's a good set, I just feel that the head is too flat. They could have done a better job with the head.

16 hours ago, steveholt said:

Based on the parts that exist I'm a fan of the dish they chose

Exactly, besides, this is a tank, and it looks like one, even with the hatch open.

img_20200705_155414.jpg

I think it looks better without the stickers.

The fingers and thumbs are fantastic, make great fists.

img_20200705_144939.jpg

img_20200705_144655.jpg

I love these troops, would really like a mech in this color scheme.

img_20200705_160312.jpg

My custom AIM trooper

img_20200705_160534.jpg

img_20200705_160430.jpg

Now that I’ve built the new Avengers Tower set, I have to say that I don’t like it as much as I thought I would. While it’s nice that it’s bigger than the 2015 one, the old one was much better in terms of features and what you could do with it. The blowing out the windows function on this one doesn’t work anywhere near as well as the old tower, the top floor of the new one is just wasted space compared to the stud shooters and deplorable drone on the original, and there was also a better deployment function for the Iron Legion suits in the 2015 set. The new set is definitely a great build, but it just doesn’t feel like as good of an upgrade as I expected. 

I would love an Aim Mech set.

You could have Captain America with a normal 3 piece Moto and if they're generous, they could throw in a Scientist and Super Adaptoid minifig

$30?  :D

marvels-avengers-battle.jpg

That mech would be easy to replicate in Lego.  Looks like old Exoforce mech.

marvels-avengers-1.png

Trans Blue with silver highlights???

Edited by Rayskull