Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, Rayskull said:

Just saw a new game trailer, I see lots of AIM mechs, I would certainly like one of those.

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I wish we could've gotten a couple of Adaptoids

Me too, the AIM agents are good figures and accurate to the game, but more variety in the sets (the mechs and adaptoids) would be great.

Anyone have a clue on the January 2021 sets?

Typically with San Diego Comic Con hype reaching its peak in the coming weeks we would have gotten a set reveal for at least one Superhero theme, but current events in the world right now have caused SDCC to be cancelled in favor of a free online experience. 

I really have no idea how Lego plans on releasing the exclusive minifigs and sets (I figure a random online raffle or something) so I was just curious if all still goes as planned for Lego set reveals or if we should just keep on speculating

10 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

Anyone have a clue on the January 2021 sets?

I’m very curious about what they will make in 2021. I hope the Avengers line continue with more classic heroes and villains (or better versions of previous heroes and villains)

I see some hints towards two Fantastic Four sets. 
baxter building and galactus. 

can we start the hypetrain? Or is it still too soon for festivities?

3 minutes ago, Borex said:

They aren't hints, theyre predictions.

They aren't hints, they're random predictions

Just now, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

They aren't hints, theyre predictions.

Despite my name choice, it appears I was too slow

But predicitions by falconfan. He’s trustworthy, right?

Yeah he's a trustworthy source for leaking information. But these aren't leaks, they're predictions. Anyone can predict what sets LEGO might make. I predict we'll get Spider Man sets with a new Spiderverse figure, a new villain design and Venom. Don't mean it'll happen (but knowing LEGO, yeah more Venom is "inevitable")

Edited by Quicksilver838

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

Yeah he's a trustworthy source for leaking information. But these aren't leaks, they're predictions. Anyone can predict what sets LEGO might make. I predict we'll get Spider Man sets with a new Spiderverse figure, a new villain design and Venom. Don't mean it'll happen (but knowing LEGO, yeah more Venom is "inevitable")

? you know that is happening. Or maybe thrown in a vulture or green goblin. 

anyway, predictions. Nothing to see here, move along. 

I don’t see fantastic four happening anytime before their inevitable MCU reboot. In the meantime, expect more Avengers and Spider-Man repeats

If anyone else was wondering about release dates, customer service still doesn’t know and just says hopefully before the end of summer. I think I’m just gonna get them from Target, I do want the VIP points and free gift in July but since all the sets except the Tower and Hulkbuster are available at my local store I don’t think I can hold off. 

5 hours ago, HarryVader said:

I don’t see fantastic four happening anytime before their inevitable MCU reboot. In the meantime, expect more Avengers and Spider-Man repeats

I imagine there'll be stuff from the upcoming movies (Eternals, Shang-Chi, ect.), albeit a smaller commitment. Maybe the Disney+ stuff too.

6 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

If anyone else was wondering about release dates, customer service still doesn’t know and just says hopefully before the end of summer. I think I’m just gonna get them from Target, I do want the VIP points and free gift in July but since all the sets except the Tower and Hulkbuster are available at my local store I don’t think I can hold off. 

There’s a free gift in July? What is it?

Now that most of the Marvel sets have appeared at Target in the US, I got the Helicarrier today. I must say it's much better in person. My biggest issue is still the lack of space in the interior. The rotor function is smooth as silk but I feel like there's a way it could've been done without sacrificing so much of the interior. Overall it's a flawed but enjoyable set. The figures are excellent with War Machine being the true star of the set and imo the star of the entire wave. I've always liked War Machine better than Iron Man with the color scheme, bulkier armor and all the weapons. I'm honestly not sure how they could make a better War Machine minifig. I love the brick built MODOK, it's a big improvement over the last one. With the war table stream the other day and then building this set today, I am sufficiently hyped for the game!

6 hours ago, Battlinpanther said:

I imagine there'll be stuff from the upcoming movies (Eternals, Shang-Chi, ect.), albeit a smaller commitment. Maybe the Disney+ stuff too.

We already know of 4 sets for Eternals, they were originally scheduled to release in october but wether or not that's still happening remains to be seen

3 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

There’s a free gift in July? What is it?

It's a 12-in-1 set with some fairly generic pieces, nothing Marvel related

8 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Damn, it’s already out of stock? That’s insanely fast. 

I'm happy. Finally we have a Marvel set that is both good and popular. This set would be quite a good investment to have

On 6/25/2020 at 10:37 AM, PRbrickbuilder said:

I see its available now.... I gave up this weekend and got Fuegos stunt plane.  Heres a much better look at it.

I buy somebody's (new) rescue for $10 and I'll throw in an Enix Suit. Though that's pretty much worthless.

It seems the Marvel and Avenger themes will be going for a while. Especially the Marvel movies will keep being produced in the next couple of years. One of my friend was saying after the movie Avengers: Endgame "This will be the end of the Marvel LEGO Series. The movie is at the end". I am not convinced though. Because the movie is producing a lot of cash for the studio. I hope someone will create modular avenger tower (3000 pcs parts) and submit it for LEGO IDEA. Oh wait, existing IP can be submitted for LEGO IDEAS. What a bummer :(

Hm, tomorrow‘s July already and still no sign of SDCC exclusives. I guess there won‘t be any this year (even though other companies still offer them, albeit online). On the one hand, it‘s been a tradition and I‘ve been looking forward to them every year despite their insane prices, but on the other hand, it does save collectors some serious money :tongue: Nonetheless, I hope they still unveil some 2021 sets leading up the event as that has always occurred mainly online. 

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Hm, tomorrow‘s July already and still no sign of SDCC exclusives. I guess there won‘t be any this year (even though other companies still offer them, albeit online). On the one hand, it‘s been a tradition and I‘ve been looking forward to them every year despite their insane prices, but on the other hand, it does save collectors some serious money :tongue: Nonetheless, I hope they still unveil some 2021 sets leading up the event as that has always occurred mainly online. 

If they do reveal any sets I think they're more likely to be the Eternals sets than something for 2021. Even if the movie has been delayed it's only 3 months, I still doubt that's enough for LEGO to move up their releasedate as well. 

45 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If they do reveal any sets I think they're more likely to be the Eternals sets than something for 2021. Even if the movie has been delayed it's only 3 months, I still doubt that's enough for LEGO to move up their releasedate as well. 

Depends on how secretive they are about the movie though (and up to this point, very much so) :wink: The two Star Wars sets they unveiled last year for instance were 2020 sets rather than ones released in conjunction with TROS, so I wouldn‘t put it past them