Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I really wish that the new armors based off of MCU designs used the MCU helmet mold. The newer one works better for Rescue and certain Iron Man suits for sure, but not for the 3 new “MCU” armors.

This describes my opinion perfectly, thanks!

5 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I really wish that the new armors based off of MCU designs used the MCU helmet mold. The newer one works better for Rescue and certain Iron Man suits for sure, but not for the 3 new “MCU” armors. The mold is still in production from last year’s sets and they’ve mixed the new helmet with the old one in the same set in the previous Hall of Armor, so I don’t see why they couldn’t have done it again. 

Everyone is going to have their own opinion, but the flip up style helmet makes Ironman's head bigger than everyone else, and I never got used to it.  The new ones are much better in my opinion and I have since gotten back into Marvel Lego very much because of the change.  Also the prints on the helmets are super sharp.

33 minutes ago, Rayskull said:

Everyone is going to have their own opinion, but the flip up style helmet makes Ironman's head bigger than everyone else, and I never got used to it.  The new ones are much better in my opinion and I have since gotten back into Marvel Lego very much because of the change.  Also the prints on the helmets are super sharp.

I mean yeah the old helmet makes his head bigger, but so does every other helmet piece LEGO uses. I think having the built in flip up function is worth the slight awkwardness, but more importantly for me I think the larger helmet captures more of the MCU style of helmet with its molded detail. Looking at Blazer next to the actual Hot Rod suit, the helmet has just translated very poorly with the newer mold because it’s so flat on the front. That flat front works great for Rescue and it’s more useful overall because the older mold traps you in that particular helmet shape, but my biggest issue with the newer helmets is that it just makes the new armors inconsistent with the older ones. Blazer and Tazer are clearly based off of Hot Rod and Blue Steel, but they don’t fit in with the rest of the MCU armors which is just what’s bugging me the most. Overall while I’ll always like the original mold best, I do like how useful the newer design is for non-MCU suits. 

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I mean yeah the old helmet makes his head bigger, but so does every other helmet piece LEGO uses. I think having the built in flip up function is worth the slight awkwardness, but more importantly for me I think the larger helmet captures more of the MCU style of helmet with its molded detail. Looking at Blazer next to the actual Hot Rod suit, the helmet has just translated very poorly with the newer mold because it’s so flat on the front. That flat front works great for Rescue and it’s more useful overall because the older mold traps you in that particular helmet shape, but my biggest issue with the newer helmets is that it just makes the new armors inconsistent with the older ones. Blazer and Tazer are clearly based off of Hot Rod and Blue Steel, but they don’t fit in with the rest of the MCU armors which is just what’s bugging me the most. Overall while I’ll always like the original mold best, I do like how useful the newer design is for non-MCU suits. 

I get that.  For you it's because your collection will now be awkward.

Other subject, who's going to get the next $10 mech?  I really like those $10 mechs.   

- Ironman 

- Spiderman

- Thanos

- Venom?

So two good guys and two bad guys....

I'm guessing...

- Captain America

- War Machine or Thor

- Red Skull

- Abomination or Ronan

Edited by Rayskull

43 minutes ago, Rayskull said:

I get that.  For you it's because your collection will now be awkward.

Other subject, who's going to get the next $10 mech?  I really like those $10 mechs.   

- Ironman 

- Spiderman

- Thanos

- Venom?

So two good guys and two bad guys....

I'm guessing...

- Captain America

- War Machine or Thor

- Red Skull

- Abomination or Ronan

There's no Venom mech, unless you count the one that comes with the Spiderjet. Anyway, we don't know anything about future waves yet so we don't know who it will be, if there are even going to be any more.

59 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

There's no Venom mech, unless you count the one that comes with the Spiderjet. Anyway, we don't know anything about future waves yet so we don't know who it will be, if there are even going to be any more.

I definitely count the Venom one since it’s built in the exact same way using the same large body piece. Honestly I’d like to see a War Machine mech if they continue this little line but I’d also like to see a Captain Marvel one! They’ve never made a mech for her. 

2 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I definitely count the Venom one since it’s built in the exact same way using the same large body piece. Honestly I’d like to see a War Machine mech if they continue this little line but I’d also like to see a Captain Marvel one! They’ve never made a mech for her. 

War Machine and Capt. Marvel mechs definitely sound cool. I feel that for villains, we may get another Avengers villain and a Spider-Man villain again. Any possibility that the smallest Eternals set is a Celestial mech?

Edited by HarryVader

No more mechs please please please. It takes up valuable set space (though the celestial mech sounds dope). We've had enough mechs. I respect your guys' opinions, but no more mechs please. (Who am I to say, Lego can do whatever they want)

48 minutes ago, HRC said:

No more mechs please please please. It takes up valuable set space (though the celestial mech sounds dope). We've had enough mechs. I respect your guys' opinions, but no more mechs please. (Who am I to say, Lego can do whatever they want)

I really don’t think the small mechs take up “valuable set space”. I highly doubt we would have seen three $10 sets based on other things in January if they weren’t mechs. They’re basically just bonus sets. It’s like Mighty Micros- it’s not like Mighty Micros prevented us from getting some epic $10 set instead, and these mechs aren’t either...

2 hours ago, HRC said:

Well superhero sets are wide open because super heroes tend not to really have vehicles.  Mechs are popular, the $10 sets are way better than Constraction sets, so why not.  Actually, there are quite a few characters that should be mechs, and I'd like them.

Random, I'd totally buy a Nova $10 mech.

I'm more frustrated at some of the Spiderman sets.  ....2 crawlers.  Iron Venom, coming with a crawler instead of a mech lol but 3 venom mechs existing. Blah blah....

My personal wishlist, 

1. Dr Doom: $40 Mech / or maybe a Castle 

2. Titanium Man: $20 Mech is fine here

3. Crimson Dynamo: $20 Mech is fine again

4. Ultron: $30 Mech

5. Nimrod: $25 Mech

6. Sentinal: $80 Mech

But Lego has played it super safe with marvel, the last offshoot I remember was Detroit Steel, ugly looking mech and even I am not familiar with Detroit Steel.  Was he in one of the TV shows or something?

Edited by Rayskull

4 minutes ago, Rayskull said:

But Lego has played it super safe with marvel, the last offshoot I remember was Detroit Steel, ugly looking mech and even I am not familiar with Detroit Steel.  Was he in one of the TV shows or something?

If I remember right, I believe in one episode of Avengers Assemble, Justin Hammer is trapped inside a giant robot-mech thing, however I don´t think that was the Detroit Steel armor...

3 hours ago, Rayskull said:

1. Dr Doom: $40 Mech / or maybe a Castle 

2. Titanium Man: $20 Mech is fine here

3. Crimson Dynamo: $20 Mech is fine again

4. Ultron: $30 Mech

5. Nimrod: $25 Mech

6. Sentinal: $80 Mech

WOW this is a super wishful wishlist... unfortunately lego will most likely not make any of these, but the immense joy I would feel if they do...

14 hours ago, HRC said:

Personally I welcome at the very least the $10 mechs, it's very rare that we even get Marvel sets at that price point and it's a nice way to get iconic characters at a low price if you don't want to spring for more expensive sets.

3 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

Personally I welcome at the very least the $10 mechs, it's very rare that we even get Marvel sets at that price point and it's a nice way to get iconic characters at a low price if you don't want to spring for more expensive sets.

I'm here because of those sets.  They're actually well done. ....now I'm leveling up to the Hulkbuster as soon as possible.

Picked up the Captain Marvel set on discount (another satisfyingly robust plane like Black Panther’s and Happy Hogan’s) and fell into the trap of getting the Hulk Helicopter with a 1/3 discount at the same time. Am so disappointed in myself.

There are more pieces than I expected, I guess? But otherwise it really is as bad as it looks. Maybe worse, it’s all flimsy connections and rattle-y. Wings bashing against Black Widow’s batons when they’re in the clips. There’s not even a good place to hold it and spin the rotor. 

(And nearly got Pepper Potts’ hair stuck on a Chitauri - but that one’s on me.)

It’s just such a confusing misfire of a set. 

8 minutes ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

Picked up the Captain Marvel set on discount (another satisfyingly robust plane like Black Panther’s and Happy Hogan’s) and fell into the trap of getting the Hulk Helicopter with a 1/3 discount at the same time. Am so disappointed in myself.

There are more pieces than I expected, I guess? But otherwise it really is as bad as it looks. Maybe worse, it’s all flimsy connections and rattle-y. Wings bashing against Black Widow’s batons when they’re in the clips. There’s not even a good place to hold it and spin the rotor. 

(And nearly got Pepper Potts’ hair stuck on a Chitauri - but that one’s on me.)

It’s just such a confusing misfire of a set. 

It really is an awfull set. The only things I care about are Rescue and the Stark Gauntlet but that doesn't justify getting the whole set for me (I personally don't think the AT Hulk looks good). The Chitauri Chariot is good and the Leviathan, while ridiculously small, is decent but my god that helicopter is trash. 

That's a shame the styling of the chopper looks nice, I've never liked big figs myself though. 

I'm really thinking about splurging on the Avengers Tower which looks great, has great minifigs, lots of great stuff inside.   ....but July is a Transformers reveal month, so I might hold out to see what they unvail.

For sure I'll be getting the new Hulkbuster though.  I believe it's notable for being one of the few mechs that are fully unclosed, especially at $40 price point.  I love the body shaping and even the head print on the shallow dome (that so many people dislike). I do have a bit of a worry about the knee connections being C-clips though.  My previous experiences with C-clips aren't good.  But it might be due to microdust.... not sure just seems odd to support all the weight on C-clips.

8 hours ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

And nearly got Pepper Potts’ hair stuck on a Chitauri

lol. 

8 hours ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

Picked up the Captain Marvel set on discount

where? on amazon?

12 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The Chitauri Chariot is good

I wish I liked it more. The V bit at the front is really loose and flimsy.

3 hours ago, HRC said:

where? on amazon?

Argos in the UK. Not a massive discount but probably the cheapest I’ve seen it and I figured it wouldn’t be around much longer.

Well, it’s past midnight on the 21st and the sets aren’t available on Shop@Home. I guess they are in fact delayed for a while. This sucks but it’s understandable, I just hope they release soon. 

I was just curios as to why the Avengers helicarrier, wrath of Loki, and the Venomosaurus ambush has been available on the UK Lego Shop but hasn't been made available on the US one yet.

Plus the other Avengers sets have a release date of August 1st on the UK shop. Do you think that this will be when they are released on the US version

33 minutes ago, JediJosh said:

I was just curios as to why the Avengers helicarrier, wrath of Loki, and the Venomosaurus ambush has been available on the UK Lego Shop but hasn't been made available on the US one yet.

Plus the other Avengers sets have a release date of August 1st on the UK shop. Do you think that this will be when they are released on the US version

Because due to the closing of the LEGO factories in Mexico both North and South America have got a bit of an issue with set availability as they are now relying on the European and Asian factories, who produce sets for their respective regions first and foremost.