Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Whoo! Definitely getting the Iron Armor Expansion. Only 'bad' thing about it for me is that I already expanded my Hall Of Armor with BrickLinked pieces :grin: :innocent:
I don't have much interest in this latest Iron Man armor, but the Mk. 2 is a nice edition! Too bad they have the new helmets as well, but that's easily fixed :sweet: 
The Hot Rod vehicle is an worthy addition to a set like this, very fitting.
New Tony is great as well. I realize it's probably made up of already existing pieces, but still, it's nice that he's included like this. 

Can anybody say when this is supposed to come out? And is it a regular set, or a GWP or something as stated by a few?

Regards,
Mitch
 

I'm not sure how easily fixable it is. The Mark II armor minifig seems to be molded in one of the metallic colors (can't tell if flat silver or pearl dark gray). In that case, the MCU helmet might mismatch, even if slightly, against the new torso.

I am also wondering if the Iron Man microfig is the same as the one in the UCS helicarrier or if it has a new print.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I called customer service. They said that the new Avengers sets were supposed to launch today but something has delayed them, and to just keep checking the website because they still might release today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well it turns out the back is extremely PF combatable. It took 5-10 mins to just slap a train engine and a battery box in there. All you need is a small gear and some plates! I only have old stuff but im sure the new stuff fits in a ton better! the back!


Also theres a tiny bar flap behind where the jet goes that does absolutely nothing in the normal build however with a battery box in it lets you get in to turn it on!

Edited by Ghostcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the end of this year I think I will have more A.I.M. agents than I have friends, there's 12 of them this year if I'm counting correctly?  Even Red Skull's henchman are A.I.M. agents as opposed to the usual Hydra goons! :laugh: Kinda annoyed with LEGO constantly reusing henchman across an entire wave - like they have done with A.I.M. agents this year, and Outriders the previous two years.  The sets this year could have been a perfect oportunity to explore more Avengers villains, even if the mininifgure selection was limited to characters that appear in the videogame.  I'm also dissapointed that in the Avengers waves this year, there are no minifigures of new characters at all, just new versions of existing minifigures, except for the A.I.M. agent (which is a horrible design and inferior to their design in the comics and even the videogame itself).  On the plus side, the Helicarrier and Avengers Tower are awesome, as well as a the new Iron Man armours.  However if I get one more Hulkbuster I think I think I'll go mad :angry:  I wish there was more originality and creativity across this year's sets, as everything seems like a rehash.  There's a wealth of Marvel locations, vehicles and characters that could make for great LEGO sets!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Damn I thought I was done with marvel. The new helicarrier looks awful. But I need that avengers tower and hall of armour expansion!

The helicarrier is easily my favourite build of the year! Really great building techniques and gearing and Easy to remove clutter at the top and space in back for Power Functions!   
Considering how Ugly the carriers are in the comics its great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a pretty good set, I love the fact that it includes 5 minifigures. Not a big fan of Hot Rod tho, it just looks wrong (especially more towards the front). I love the fact that it's an expansion of 2019 Hall of Armour tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

I'm not sure how easily fixable it is. The Mark II armor minifig seems to be molded in one of the metallic colors (can't tell if flat silver or pearl dark gray). In that case, the MCU helmet might mismatch, even if slightly, against the new torso.

I am also wondering if the Iron Man microfig is the same as the one in the UCS helicarrier or if it has a new print.

Yeah, I checked BL and aside from colors probably not matching, the faceplate of the original piece is also really expensive!

Should the Avengers Tower and Hulkbuster also be available as of today?

Regards,
Mitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HarryVader said:

I gotta say this though. Please let this be the final set to include Square Enix Iron Man and AIM Agents... I'm soooooooo sick of them

Hopefully next year we'll move on to something different. Or maybe the year will be dominated by MCU movies

 

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

New Iron man armory extension is ok at best. Love the inclusion of Mk 2, but why Didi they use wrong helmet?! Hotrod car is nice reference to Iron man 2008. But 2 more useless Aim agents? Gimme a break! They are literally this year's Outriders! 

We've had 12 AIM agents across 7 sets, and last time we also had 12 Outriders across 7 sets. But at least last time we ALSO had 4 Chitauri across 2 sets, I wouldn't be mad with some extra Hydra goons, we've only had 2 in the past. 

 

47 minutes ago, RobbieHxC said:

By the end of this year I think I will have more A.I.M. agents than I have friends, there's 12 of them this year if I'm counting correctly?  Even Red Skull's henchman are A.I.M. agents as opposed to the usual Hydra goons! :laugh: Kinda annoyed with LEGO constantly reusing henchman across an entire wave - like they have done with A.I.M. agents this year, and Outriders the previous two years.  The sets this year could have been a perfect oportunity to explore more Avengers villains, even if the mininifgure selection was limited to characters that appear in the videogame.  I'm also dissapointed that in the Avengers waves this year, there are no minifigures of new characters at all, just new versions of existing minifigures, except for the A.I.M. agent (which is a horrible design and inferior to their design in the comics and even the videogame itself).  On the plus side, the Helicarrier and Avengers Tower are awesome, as well as a the new Iron Man armours.  However if I get one more Hulkbuster I think I think I'll go mad :angry:  I wish there was more originality and creativity across this year's sets, as everything seems like a rehash.  There's a wealth of Marvel locations, vehicles and characters that could make for great LEGO sets!

I don't even think most of what we have is from the video game. Obviously, we know Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and the AIM Agents are based on the game, probably Black Widow too, but there's been no indication of Captain Marvel, War Machine, Falcon, Red Skull or Rescue appearing in the game. But we know Taskmaster and Abomination ARE in the game, and at between a super spy, a couple of goons and a Hulk, at least one of those makes sense fighting a Hulkbuster

A genuinely curious question; would people still care about the number of AIM agents if they were in their comic book bee suits?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its absolutely Bizzare Ms Marvel wasnt in a set as shes basically the main character for the game lol. Mayble Lego misheard and added Captain Marvel :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw the new Star Wars and Marvel sets.

ca4.png

29 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

A genuinely curious question; would people still care about the number of AIM agents if they were in their comic book bee suits?

I'd like it a lot more, especially since they would need a new helmet mold if they were comic book based.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HarryVader said:

I love it. The prototype armor, new Tony Stark, Mark 50 jetpack returning, the hot rod car.... I love it

It looks so good!

15 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Just saw the new Star Wars and Marvel sets.

(tiger king meme)

I'd like it a lot more, especially since they would need a new helmet mold if they were comic book based.

Great use of that meme, exactly how I feel. I'll probably pick this up if it's still only $30, but then I also want the tower and some of the new star wars sets. Why does lego have to bring the stellar waves for all the themes at the same time? :laugh: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Just saw the new Star Wars and Marvel sets.

(tiger king meme)

Haha that was brilliant

 

56 minutes ago, Ghostcat said:

Its absolutely Bizzare Ms Marvel wasnt in a set as shes basically the main character for the game lol. Mayble Lego misheard and added Captain Marvel :P

Yeah I'm very disappointed. I missed out on the 2017 Ms. Marvel, and was so excited to get her when they announced her as the protagonist of the game... Damn it Lego, with all your obsession for SquareEnix, you couldn't even give us the quintessential hero from the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

 A genuinely curious question; would people still care about the number of AIM agents if they were in their comic book bee suits?

I would welcome comic AIM figures with open arms. Especially if they looked really good. Its the same reason I didn’t mind so many Outriders in the last 2 years.

As for the Armory. I really like the hot rod build and its creative use of stud shooters in the front. The colors and transition to the flames looks really clean. Tony Stark’s shirt is definitely inspired by the game just without the arc reactor, which would’ve been cool if they included it.

But, even though the “MK2” looks nice and I might try and get the new Rescue, I still can’t see myself adding the new figs to my own HoA MOC because of the helmets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checked to see if the Marvel sets were available here in the US yet, and it looks like the Venomsaurus is gone from the website? The Helicarrier and 4+ Tower are still "Coming Soon"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a decent set. The builds are quite good, nice to get 4 more spots for future armors. The minfigure selection however is really bad, the Mark 2 is the only good figure. Tony is a useless mismatch of existing parts and I'm tired of this IM suit and the AIM agents. I'll definetely pick this up but not for full price.

2 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Should the Avengers Tower and Hulkbuster also be available as of today?

Only in the US, for the rest of the world it's august

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

A genuinely curious question; would people still care about the number of AIM agents if they were in their comic book bee suits?

I personally would as I don't like getting any of the Marvel Comics designs. The AIM agents are tiresome but at least their parts are usefull in other themes. 

50 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Tony Stark’s shirt is definitely inspired by the game just without the arc reactor, which would’ve been cool if they included it.

It's not new, it's a decent fit but it's a reuse from JW's Owen Grady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's not new, it's a decent fit but it's a reuse from JW's Owen Grady

True, they were probably looking at this and got lazy with the reactor so they went with a repeat torso.

Tony-Stark-Beard-in-Avengers-Game.jpg?q=

And after a quick search I realized the Prototype armor is named that in the game too and looks fairly accurate.

rxzbsn4p4pv31.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woohoo. Another boring grey wall with a boring grey Iron Man suit. Can never have too many of those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, saysonder said:

Woohoo. Another boring grey wall with a boring grey Iron Man suit. Can never have too many of those.

A wall over a flying shoebox for four times the price, any day of the week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I called customer service. They said that the new Avengers sets were supposed to launch today but something has delayed them, and to just keep checking the website because they still might release today. 

How odd. Venomosaurus has vanished and I wonder what the deal is with this. I get that supplies are low with COVID, but if LEGO has a planned release date they usually stick to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the hall of armor extension but I still need to get the hall of armor itself. For what's included, I like it though the armor choices could've been more exciting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m going to display Tazer and Blazer with my MCU armors, but knowing that the prototype suit isn’t meant to be the Mark II it’ll go in a row with the rest of the comic/non-MCU armors. I wish LEGO would’ve given us Striker, why did they tease it in the first place? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I’m going to display Tazer and Blazer with my MCU armors, but knowing that the prototype suit isn’t meant to be the Mark II it’ll go in a row with the rest of the comic/non-MCU armors. I wish LEGO would’ve given us Striker, why did they tease it in the first place? 

Maybe it wasn't a tease, maybe they wanted to show us something we could get but are never going to get just to tease us :devil_laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Okay, so I’ve seen the HoA expansion . . I’m almost disappointed. This is, what, the fifth set to include that same Iron Man variant? Um, mech, bigger mech, 4+ Tower, actual Tower, Helicarrier, this . . wow, number six, even worse. And besides that we have what’s basically a purist custom Tony Stark, two more AIM agents, and exactly one new armour in the Mark 2. Or ‘Prototype’ but I think we all know it’s the Mark 2. Oh, and a random nanofig? What, was Tony experimenting with Pym Particles and accidentally shrunk a trillion dollars of tech?

https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/528610075015262541/ (I wanted to embed the actual image here but Eurobricks still won’t let me.)

I was excited for this set, but seeing it it might be a skip. The builds are cute, though I’m not sure I get the Hotwheels Hot Rod. Then again if it’s really that cheap . . eh, I’ll think about it. Better question is, if I go ahead with getting both versions of the Tower and this, what will I do with two spare Enix suits?

Edited by Fenghuang0296

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we get the mark 3 and 4 at some point it seems like out of the 50 mcu ironman suits we have about 22 of them in lego form I hope to see the day we have them all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm actually surprised at how many of the Iron Man armors from the movies have been released as minifigures.  So far, we have:

Mark 1

Mark 2

Mark 5

Mark 6

Mark 7

Mark 17/Heartbreaker

Mark 22/Hot Rod

Mark 30/Blue Steel

Mark 33/Silver Centurion

Mark 37/Hammerhead

Mark 38/Igor

Mark 39/Starboost

Mark 41/Bones

Mark 42

Mark 43

Mark 44/Hulkbuster

Mark 45

Mark 46

Mark 47

Mark 48/Hulkbuster 2.0

Mark 49/Rescue

Mark 50

Mark 85

Considering that none of the suits between 50 and 85 appeared onscreen, that's 23 out of 51 total (oddly the Rescue suit seems to be counted in the armor numbering, while the War Machine armors have a separate number system)  I do wish that the new Hall of Armor set had more new armors, but hopefully they will show up elsewhere in the future.  I likely will still buy it, as it should look nice next to the Endgame Hall of Armor set.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.