Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It definitely will still be a PS5 exclusive, no better way to attract people to your new console. You know what connects PS5, Spider-Man and Insomniac Games? They are all owned by Sony.

Well technically Spider-Man is owned by Marvel, Sony only has the movie rights :tongue:

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It definitely will still be a PS5 exclusive, no better way to attract people to your new console. You know what connects PS5, Spider-Man and Insomniac Games? They are all owned by Sony.

unfortunate. I still think they'd net more money if it wasn't a console exclusive, even as good as the first one was there's no way they got more money from people ps4 consoles to play spider-man then they would have if they let people buy it on the xbox, pc, and switch. (Xbox user here though, so definitely biased)

39 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Shazam has entered the chat

I knew there was one, can't believe I forgot it was shazam!

24 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

unfortunate. I still think they'd net more money if it wasn't a console exclusive, even as good as the first one was there's no way they got more money from people ps4 consoles to play spider-man then they would have if they let people buy it on the xbox, pc, and switch. (Xbox user here though, so definitely biased)

Switch user here, give me my Spider-Man!

Sony owns Insomniac, so there‘s no chance that game or any sequel will appear on any other console. That‘s almost like expecting a Nintendo game to be released for other consoles :laugh: Sure, Microsoft bought Mojang and Minecraft is still available for every console known to man, but that‘s a bit different. Microsoft is also less self-centered than Sony when it comes to cross-play and that sort of thing

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Green Arrow: "Am I a joke to you?"

The problem with the exclusives is, if they release a character just based on the comics like Shazam or Green Arrow, then they'll be another version of that character that you can still release, keeping the exclusive figure, exclusive. But with Spider Man, in either the black suit, ASM2 suit or the PS4 suit, you can't change the design. You could instead release the 2018 black suit, the ASM1 suit or the Velocity Suit/Anti-Ock Armour, but how could you change the design from what was already released without loosing the exclusive value

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Sony owns Insomniac, so there‘s no chance that game or any sequel will appear on any other console. That‘s almost like expecting a Nintendo game to be released for other consoles :laugh: Sure, Microsoft bought Mojang and Minecraft is still available for every console known to man, but that‘s a bit different. Microsoft is also less self-centered than Sony when it comes to cross-play and that sort of thing

Sony owns Guerilla Games too but they're making a pc version of Horizon Zero Dawn (a PS4 exclusive from 2017) which will release this summer. This proves Sony is at least a bit open to putting their exclusives on other platforms a few years after release.

3 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Green Arrow: "Am I a joke to you?"

The problem with the exclusives is, if they release a character just based on the comics like Shazam or Green Arrow, then they'll be another version of that character that you can still release, keeping the exclusive figure, exclusive. But with Spider Man, in either the black suit, ASM2 suit or the PS4 suit, you can't change the design. You could instead release the 2018 black suit, the ASM1 suit or the Velocity Suit/Anti-Ock Armour, but how could you change the design from what was already released without loosing the exclusive value

I think the thing is green arrow is a bit different, it's the CW version, whereas the shazam figure is just a straight update of that one. But still, it is unlikely we'd see a sony spider-man wide release set without the sequel being available on multiple platforms.

59 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think the thing is green arrow is a bit different, it's the CW version, whereas the shazam figure is just a straight update of that one. But still, it is unlikely we'd see a sony spider-man wide release set without the sequel being available on multiple platforms.

Green Arrow was actually basically the same as his figure from the Javelin, except with a hood, different face and leg printing

The thing is, nothing will attract people more to buy their new console than releasing one of the most anticipated games as an exclusive on it. Like it or not, it's not about selling a game only, it's also about selling their new console. 

They will soon be announcing their game line up, and when (or if?) they announce Spider-Man, it's gonna make a lot of Spider-Man and Marvel fans buy this console instead of new Xbox.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Green Arrow wasn't the CW version, it was the New 52 version. Same as the full-release figure, just with a slightly different execution of the same costume.

4 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Green Arrow was actually basically the same as his figure from the Javelin, except with a hood, different face and leg printing

4 hours ago, BaneShake said:

Green Arrow wasn't the CW version, it was the New 52 version. Same as the full-release figure, just with a slightly different execution of the same costume.

Ah. So there's hope for the PS4 spider-man yet.

Will they release Brick Sketches for Marvel? The Star Wars and DC ones were just revealed. If they do, they’re most likely gonna make Iron Man and Thanos.

2 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Will they release Brick Sketches for Marvel? The Star Wars and DC ones were just revealed. If they do, they’re most likely gonna make Iron d an and Thanos.

I sure hope so. It's quite interesting how the helmet sets and mosaics (Wall Art?) are Star Wars- and Marvel-themed while the Brick Sketches are based on Star Wars and DC. Fair trade-off I guess...? :head_back:

20 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Will they release Brick Sketches for Marvel? The Star Wars and DC ones were just revealed. If they do, they’re most likely gonna make Iron Man and Thanos.

I kinda hope so, unless the rumored $20 price is true

30 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I think brick sketches for Marvel is inevitable! Specially Ironman

Well Chris Mcveigh does have Deadpool, Ant-Man, Starlord, Vision, Groot, Rocket, Cap, Spidey, Wolverine and Iron-Man on his Flickr. The First Order Stormtrooper set is almost exactly the same as the one he did a few years ago so he has basically already done the work for a lot of Marvel characters

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Well Chris Mcveigh does have Deadpool, Ant-Man, Starlord, Vision, Groot, Rocket, Cap, Spidey, Wolverine and Iron-Man on his Flickr. The First Order Stormtrooper set is almost exactly the same as the one he did a few years ago so he has basically already done the work for a lot of Marvel characters

I remember his sketches on Flickr, they’ve always been so good. I’m glad he became a designer this theme is a surprise but really great so far.

I really wanted to like this, maybe even buy this. Sorry for my negativity (again) but I hate it. It looks like someone punched this mask in the middle. Golden triangle on the side of the mask also looks terrible. His forehead also looks too flat and square-y.

I really appreciate the colour scheme tho. Instead of going cheap with red and yellow, they want alm the way with dark red and gold.

I believe it can't be long until we see other August sets (unless this one is actually a June set?).

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I believe it can't be long until we see other August sets (unless this one is actually a June set?).

It's an august set so hopefully we'll see the Avengers Tower and Hulkbuster soon :excited: I don't know why but even after everything we've gotten so far I'm still really excited for the AT, the Hulkbuster a bit less but that's mostly because I can't imagine it looking good with that round hinge piece

The top half of the Iron Man helmet looks superb. The bottom half is too chubby looking. I love the colors. Maybe I’ll buy it eventually and modify the bottom half of the helmet to my liking

Ugh...I was really excited for this set but it doesn’t look as good as I was expecting. The front looks really awkward and heavy around the “eyebrows”. Hopefully it looks better in person. Also, 480 pieces but $60? How is this the same price as the Star Wars helmets while having 200 pieces less?