Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Yeah looking at those hd pics and it definitely seems like there’s a cockpit for the helicarrier and quite possibly extra room big enough for people to stand. The top also seems to have a part that is hinged and can be lifted.

Edited by SuperGrover

Regarding the Eternals sets, I’m sure they’ll be pushed back but likely only to January 2021, so only a 3 month wait which isn’t bad. I really hope the mystery set is for Falcon and the Winter Soldier or WandaVision, although Falcon is more likely. The official pictures do make the Helicarrier look much better, and the open space at the back being a cell for MODOK makes sense. Hopefully there is an actual interior space up front. 

Wow Hd pictures show that Black Widow has arm print!!! How come it's the first time since 2012? She is really nice figure, but why did Lego wait so long?!

On 4/25/2020 at 5:36 PM, HarryVader said:

Honestly, one has to wonder why Lego decided not to make more Endgame sets. We got 3 minifigs of an UGLY video game Iron Man design (cool minifig, but terrible original design) but only 1 minifig of Mark 85 in an overpriced compound set... The game's designs are terrible but it's getting more sets than Endgame itself... why not spend this effort elsewhere and give us Bro Thor and Mjonir Cap??? Is the MCU license somehow more expensive? Does Lego just hate Endgame? Why is it that all the other toy companies are making new waves of movie-accurate Endgame merchandise but Lego is pushing out waves and waves of SquareEnix Avengers toys???? Sorry for the rant but I'm so confused and frustrated.

This is a very eloquent rant that I completely argue with. It's mind-boggling that Lego doesn't make new Iron man variants. It would be better for marketing too because completionists like me would want to get all of the sets instead of completely strange and uninspired designs. Just make the turbines tucked in and make it grey! And give the back covering!

On 4/25/2020 at 6:55 PM, legozebra said:

Some of the helix series shaping, especially in the midsection and the front looks alright, but it’s weighed down by some really odd design choices - why are the rotors elevated by a brick thick cylinder? Why are the wings on the side so thin with no effort made to slope them? Why is the back exposed, and if it’s to reveal a big gun or something, why not cover it up better?

For $130 this really isn’t doing it for me, sadly. Monkie Kid has so much better, consistent builds with really unique and interesting shaping for a similar age range; I don’t get why these just aren’t good.

This highlights my problems with the builds and I couldn't have said it better. The Monkey Kid sets are amazing, and I don't understand how Lego could do well on that, and fail so miserably at making an easy money-maker.

4 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

I mean, that show won't be coming out anytime soon, what with all the production shutdowns, so I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed the set back too. :look:

Especially if it could have spoilers. 

Considering sets are usually released 2 or so months prior to the film, a potential set would likely include 3/4 key characters and some kind of vehicle or location, probably wouldn't be spoilery

On 4/25/2020 at 9:31 PM, Walter529a said:

Am I the only one who thinks that the helivarrier has a feature that if you roll it in the ground the rotors will spin? I don't know, it seems something LEGO would do in order to not have an interior… 

NONOnono. That's nightmare fuel. Don't ever say that. We need to pray that won't happen.

On 4/25/2020 at 10:34 PM, HalfBloodPrince said:

The only repeats are Thor, Ironman and possibly Fury. There are New Captain Marvel, A new War Machine, and a New Black widow with arm printing. You are acting like everything is a repeat.

Captain Marvel is a repeat with her also being included in the Avengers Tower. 

4 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Considering sets are usually released 2 or so months prior to the film, a potential set would likely include 3/4 key characters and some kind of vehicle or location, probably wouldn't be spoilery

They should be released closer to the film so the sets can be more movie accurate. Like why doesn't lego make an avengers quantum realm machine (

Avengers Endgame

) from Endgame, after the movie! Or like a final battle portal build or something! It's sad really.

40 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Wow Hd pictures show that Black Widow has arm print!!! How come it's the first time since 2012? She is really nice figure, but why did Lego wait so long?!

Probably one of the many perks being on the top 5 selling theme. I guess our hard work somehow pays off. I'm glad to see arm printing. 

1 hour ago, Legocity2713 said:

Rocket Raccoon polybag, AoU Hulk polybag, Ant Man and the Wasp SDCC set, Infinity War Bricktober set, and both the Captain Marvel SDCC set and polybag. Its definitely not too common for them to be as big as Civil War and Endgame tho. I personally hope its Falcon and Winter Soldier so we can finally get hooded Zemo but wouldn't be mad if we get White Widow and Red Guardian some how some way.

I mean in terms of regular sets since that's what applies here, I wouldn't count polybags or promotional items and definitely not SDCC items.

9 minutes ago, HRC said:

Its still a new figure tho, while Thor, Ironman, and Fury arent new.

The back of the packaging for helicarrier is interesting as you can clearly see the Endgame compound in the background... are all of these LEGO Avengers sets supposed to take place within the same universe or something?

27 minutes ago, HRC said:

Like why doesn't lego make an avengers quantum realm machine from Endgame

Because LEGO doesn't think any kid would be interested in this and I don't blame them. I'm a huge fan of the MCU and I wouldn't even care a tiny bit about a set like this

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Because LEGO doesn't think any kid would be interested in this and I don't blame them. I'm a huge fan of the MCU and I wouldn't even care a tiny bit about a set like this

I’ll have to agree that LEGO prob will never make the quantum realm machine. What are they gonna do? Make more quantum suit figs? I do think kids would be interested in a leviathan or a sanctuary II (ninjago has great villain vehicles/creatures) that kids love. 

And hey, they could have made the Thanoscopter

3 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

HOW have LEGO not made this, it's the only time they can give a character a random vehicle that fans want

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

HOW have LEGO not made this, it's the only time they can give a character a random vehicle that fans want

LOL, golden Thanoscopter with some translucent purple pieces (like the Chitauri vehicles) and a BALD Thanos with another Ebony Maw, and a removable rotor to be Thanos' sword???? Kids and adults would drool over this in stores all over the universe.

Edited by HarryVader

Just now, Battlinpanther said:

Are the talks of a Falcon and Winter Soldier set just speculation or something actually rumored? 

I think it's just a rumor given the release date and price range. It makes the most sense being a F+WS set.

21 minutes ago, Battlinpanther said:

Are the talks of a Falcon and Winter Soldier set just speculation or something actually rumored? 

There's a $30 set listed on a website that wasn't announced before, so it could possibly be F&WS, or a Venomized Spider Bike. So it's only speculation as of yet

29 minutes ago, Battlinpanther said:

Just for clarification, it's just a pure speculation for now. This set is not guaranteed to be MCU also. No solid information yet.

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

There's a $30 set listed on a website that wasn't announced before, so it could possibly be F&WS, or a Venomized Spider Bike. So it's only speculation as of yet

Yeah, it is most likely the venomozed spider bike. 

17 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Yeah, it is most likely the venomozed spider bike. 

Or better yet... The Venomized Helicarrier... Featuring Venomized MODOK

All jokes aside, I was fine with the Jet/Venom Mech because of Noir, I'm fine with the Venom Rex because of Spider Ham and that sweet new Iron Spider, the Crawler doesn't interest me at all, I just want the Spider Buggy, but if the next wave of Spider Man includes the same old Venom, anyone else keen to boycott LEGO Venom sets?

I really like that there's a rotor spinning function on the Helicarrier. It now also makes sense why the back of the Helicarrier is hollow, because it's a cell for MODOK. It looks bad but it's good for play. I would have hoped the back of box pictures would tell us what all the yellow pieces are for... but no. Black Widow looks fantastic with arm printing, I really like her design here. Really all the figures in the set are really good. My favorite is easily War Machine though, I love all the extra armaments and the updated helmet looks excellent. The Helicarrier itself is far from perfect but I like it for what it us. Hopefully the interior is decent, I'm sure we'll get pics soon.

Edited by ToaDraco

3 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Definitely the best Black Widow we've ever gotten.

Maybe the yellow stack is just something that will only become clear when we get the game xD.

Maybe it's some sort of collectable or currency, though I doubt it. The thought of this triggers my nostalgia for the old lego star wars games with the minikits and studs.

3 hours ago, HRC said:

They should be released closer to the film so the sets can be more movie accurate. Like why doesn't lego make an avengers quantum realm machine (

Captain marvel is new-for-june-2020, I feel like a character being in multiple sets in a wave, especially if one is very expensive or 4+, is fine, it's only when it's the same figure in lots of sets through multiple waves (iron man, thor) that it gets annoying.

And no sane child (or parent for their child) would buy a quantum realm machine set, the build has 0 play value for kids and most adult's wouldn't want it as most figures would be repeats.

2 hours ago, HarryVader said:

I’ll have to agree that LEGO prob will never make the quantum realm machine. What are they gonna do? Make more quantum suit figs? I do think kids would be interested in a leviathan or a sanctuary II (ninjago has great villain vehicles/creatures) that kids love. 

I think a leviathan would work, maybe the sanctuary 2, though that would be better done as a UCS style set like the 2015 helicarrier.

But yeah, a thanos copter would make everyone happy. Kids get cool helicopter vehicle, adults get the iconic and hilariously stupid thanoscopter, both get some nice figures, lego gets their weird colourful vehicle that shouldn't exist.

Thank god Black Widow is coming in the upcoming $90 tower, that figure is incredibly good. Hopefully it's the same figure, not the one from the Black Widow movie or something.

On 4/26/2020 at 7:39 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

Same thoughts here. I think part of the problem here is people were expecting something looking like the UCS helicarrier for $130, and it's clearly not supposed to be that. It's definitely meant for children, but any kid would love this set. And the 4+ set is a 4+ set, if anyone was expecting literally anything from it, that's on them.

The orange colors really bug me off, it makes it look like a toy... oh wait it is. But I could just change it. Also, that "quinjet" is not a quinjet. It looks more like one of those Jedi interceptors with an Avengers re-fit.

On 4/26/2020 at 9:54 AM, Agent Kallus said:

What are those yellow pieces? Sorry if this has already been answered but I looked back through the thread and didn't see anything.

Probably gold? 

24 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Maybe it's some sort of collectable or currency, though I doubt it. The thought of this triggers my nostalgia for the old lego star wars games with the minikits and studs.

Captain marvel is new-for-june-2020, I feel like a character being in multiple sets in a wave, especially if one is very expensive or 4+, is fine, it's only when it's the same figure in lots of sets through multiple waves (iron man, thor) that it gets annoying.

And no sane child (or parent for their child) would buy a quantum realm machine set, the build has 0 play value for kids and most adult's wouldn't want it as most figures would be repeats.

I think a leviathan would work, maybe the sanctuary 2, though that would be better done as a UCS style set like the 2015 helicarrier.

But yeah, a thanos copter would make everyone happy. Kids get cool helicopter vehicle, adults get the iconic and hilariously stupid thanoscopter, both get some nice figures, lego gets their weird colourful vehicle that shouldn't exist.

I'm a sane person, and I would buy a quantum realm machine. It could spin and the top could rotate, or they can put in a Ronin or war machine and it would be an instant buy. 

I leviathan would work, but it must have bald thanos.