Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

they would include transparent pieces for that.

I would have thought so too, but I've otherwise got no idea what they are, and I guess the set is wide enough that from most angles you might not see a little stack if it was kept in the centre?

I appreciate that link to Brickfever. I skipped on the UCS Helicarrier set in the hopes that LEGO would do one in minifig scale, similar to how they do the capital ships for Star Wars. I got my wish, but man is it underwhelming. I wish they'd eschewed the motion feature and made the exterior more accurate, more like a scaled down UCS set. LEGO has done a nice job with chibi Star Wars ships for their playsets, but that Quinjet looks nothing like its namesake. Perhaps my expectations were too high, but this is so off the mark from what I'd hoped we'd get. Instead of a flying aircraft carrier, we get a shoebox with wings.:sad:

The tilting rotors are kind of interesting. I presume it's similar to the system inside BB-8 (75187) where a single turn moves the housing (due to resistance) before it operates the mechanism inside the same housing. I thought it was pretty neat while putting that set together.

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Of course MODOKS’s not supposed to be realistic, I just think his design is ridiculous, even by comic standards :laugh: Imagine this: you first come across the name MODOK somewhere for the very first time and then read up the acronym. Now think of what this character could look like based on the name (personally, I thought of something Terminator-like). And then you see a picture of a giant Joker-like face fused to a chair with baby-sized extremities and a silly haircut to boot :head_back:

Yeah, MODOK is the peak of random comic book ideas, right up there with "sarcastic duck with a gun" and "thor but he's a horse-like alien"

3 hours ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

That's definitely odd. I expected the rooftop to be removable. At least the front windshield must me removable, right? With a cockpit for Fury to command the Helicarrier? If there is no interior besides the prison cell, there must be a play feature/ mechanism inside all that space.

They wouldn't do a transparent cockpit without a way to put figures in it. I'd assume the rotors turning feature takes up some space in the middle, but there has to be a way to acess the cockpit.

EDIT: looking at the pictures, there's another transparent window behind the front cockpit one, and there's a clip/bar connection on the roof right in front of the base of the cannon, so I'd guess the interior goes from the cockpit to the base of the cannon, then the wing-turning mechanism, then the MODOK cell.

2 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

So, the Harry Potter sets have pictures now.

one of Them is a build able hedwig

im thinking it will be a similar build to the iron man bust.

I'm not really sure how the hedwig is similar in any way to the iron man bust besides that they're both brick-built.

50 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

I appreciate that link to Brickfever. I skipped on the UCS Helicarrier set in the hopes that LEGO would do one in minifig scale, similar to how they do the capital ships for Star Wars. I got my wish, but man is it underwhelming. I wish they'd eschewed the motion feature and made the exterior more accurate, more like a scaled down UCS set. LEGO has done a nice job with chibi Star Wars ships for their playsets, but that Quinjet looks nothing like its namesake. Perhaps my expectations were too high, but this is so off the mark from what I'd hoped we'd get. Instead of a flying aircraft carrier, we get a shoebox with wings.:sad:

It's not supposed to be the MCU one. Lots of the comic ones look pretty close to this.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

4 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

If it is a $30 falcon and winter solider my guess would be Bucky falcon (in captain America suit) and Zemo 

Seems likely, $30 sets typically used to have 4 figures so I hope US Agent is included, but if the Spider Jet, Spider Crawler and Black Widow set from this year are any indication we may only get the three you mentioned.

1 minute ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

Seems likely, $30 sets typically used to have 4 figures so I hope US Agent is included, but if the Spider Jet, Spider Crawler and Black Widow set from this year are any indication we may only get the three you mentioned.

Then it'll most likely be Bucky, Sam and the long awaited Zemo

Good to hear there's another Marvel set coming, AND it might be based on FatWS or WandaVision. Really hope it's the first.
I couldn't think of anything that might make an interesting WandaVision set as well, so...

Regards,
Mitch

I mean, that show won't be coming out anytime soon, what with all the production shutdowns, so I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed the set back too. :look:

Especially if it could have spoilers. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

I mean, that show won't be coming out anytime soon, what with all the production shutdowns, so I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed the set back too. :look:

Especially if it could have spoilers. 

It's only the last few episodes that haven't been finished. So you never know they might release an episode or two in the summer. If they are going to release it weekly like they did with the Mandalorian then that would make sense from a business stand point to keep people entertained, by releasing a few episodes this summer. Especially since they can edit them in lockdown.

Even if they just release the first episode to get people interested and talking about it?

Edited by JediJosh

Well, apparently they still have a few weeks of filming to do, and I believe there are only supposed to be six episodes in total anyways... Point being, with the state of things, there's no telling when they would be able to film the remainder, and I don't think it's likely that they would put out a few episodes (if they even could) and then...wait potentially months, or possibly into 2021, to even complete the rest. 

Lego wise, I think it is more likely, this set, would get pushed back in tandem. 

We just have to wait till August to find out. If we don't get any news on that set sooner it will be a confirmation of it being pushed back, confirming that it's indeed a TFaTWS set.

Same for Eternals sets. They pushed Minions and Ghostbusters sets, I suppose they are also gonna push that one.

1 hour ago, CF Mitch said:

Good to hear there's another Marvel set coming, AND it might be based on FatWS or WandaVision. Really hope it's the first.
I couldn't think of anything that might make an interesting WandaVision set as well, so...

Regards,
Mitch

Prepare for the Scarlet Scooter and Vision Van:laugh_hard:

In all honesty though, watch it be yet another Spider-Man vs Venom set

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

LOL or Scarlet Witch's Supernatural Helicopter & Vision's Victorious Mech

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

The what? *huh* :grin: 

51 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

Well, apparently they still have a few weeks of filming to do, and I believe there are only supposed to be six episodes in total anyways... Point being, with the state of things, there's no telling when they would be able to film the remainder, and I don't think it's likely that they would put out a few episodes (if they even could) and then...wait potentially months, or possibly into 2021, to even complete the rest. 

Lego wise, I think it is more likely, this set, would get pushed back in tandem. 

There is that.... :sceptic:

Regards,
Mitch

Could it also be another Black Widow set that is more spoilery and was meant to come our after the movie?

Speaking of Black Widow, as others have said her new torso is very good but pretty different with some armor and no skin showing. But they have her wrist things which is great!

Just now, Legocity2713 said:

Could it also be another Black Widow set that is more spoilery and was meant to come our after the movie?

Speaking of Black Widow, as others have said her new torso is very good but pretty different with some armor and no skin showing. But they have her wrist things which is great!

I would be cool with that too! A set with Black Widow in snow outfit, Red Guardian, Melina, Taskmaster (don't care if he's a repeat) with his tank thing from the movie

Seeing clearer pics of helicarrier, I gotta say it doesn't look terrible from certain angles (from the top it looks like Avengers space mission quinjet though). LOVE that MODOK

15 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

I'd be surprised if it was, have any MCU movies besides Endgame and Civil War gotten more sets after the initial wave?

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

You fool, the transforming mech/helicopter/oversized motorcycles for Wanda and Vision already leaked, they're $1000 each for 287 parts and one figure! :grin:

53 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So the 18 yellows pieces are in the photo and are just stack one on top of each other

Amazing new-for-2020 feature, you can stack the lego pieces together! :laugh:

Seriously though, what are they there for? Why that piece? is it ammo? Who knows? If only lego would release the official images, maybe we'd know!

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So the 18 yellows pieces are in the photo and are just stack one on top of each other

What are they for?

12 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

What are they for?

I take it you haven't been reading the current discussion? We don't know :grin:

46 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

I'd be surprised if it was, have any MCU movies besides Endgame and Civil War gotten more sets after the initial wave?

Rocket Raccoon polybag, AoU Hulk polybag, Ant Man and the Wasp SDCC set, Infinity War Bricktober set, and both the Captain Marvel SDCC set and polybag. Its definitely not too common for them to be as big as Civil War and Endgame tho. I personally hope its Falcon and Winter Soldier so we can finally get hooded Zemo but wouldn't be mad if we get White Widow and Red Guardian some how some way.