Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

I built up the war machine armor using spare pieces. It looks good. I don’t see the complaints towards that. I also see now how based on certain photos it could look like a new piece 

Just saw your pic, it does look good now I've seen it made up, I've wanted to make that piece up somehow since Infinity War, just never had any idea how to do it. I suppose I was expecting a new mold, and thought it would be a shoulder gun

Still don't like how much that gun sticks out though, I'll probably experiment with different pieces to find something else

2 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

What are those yellow pieces? Sorry if this has already been answered but I looked back through the thread and didn't see anything.

I asked the same question a few pages back, but it doesn't look like anyone knows :shrug_confused:

Call me a pessimist but after seeing @Falconfan1414 's War Machine made from spare parts I can honestly say that he looks terrible. Roller skate cannon doesn't work at all and that stud shooter is WAYYY to high.

Gosh everything about those sets is terrible. It doesn't matter if Black Widow gets arm printing or Captain Marvel gets a new helmet, it doesn't help the builds (small and big ones) in any way. The only hope I have left is that Avengers Tower will look great, but I bet they can ruin that one too.

From what I've been able to see so far (which isn't a lot, 'cause the pictures aren't they greatest size and quality) they're not bad, but I really hope to be able to see more of it soon.
I probably won't buy them anyway, but I might be interested in the figures.
Here's hoping pictures of the other Avengers Tower set will surface soon as well :sweet:

Regards,
Mitch

I built up the War Machine out of my spare parts as well, and I think the roller skate bit looks great. And the gun over the right shoulder doesn't stick out quite as far as I thought it would, but I think I'd still want to work out a more streamlined solution.

I don't think the roller skates work. I dunno. This is the only thing I was looking forward coz I'm thinking to buy multiples so that my other War Machine collections can benefit, but dayum. Looks like we got pranked hahahaha.

21 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

What are those yellow pieces? Sorry if this has already been answered but I looked back through the thread and didn't see anything.

I honestly don't know, it's such a weird thing to include

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Call me a pessimist but after seeing @Falconfan1414 's War Machine made from spare parts I can honestly say that he looks terrible. Roller skate cannon doesn't work at all and that stud shooter is WAYYY to high.

Gosh everything about those sets is terrible. It doesn't matter if Black Widow gets arm printing or Captain Marvel gets a new helmet, it doesn't help the builds (small and big ones) in any way. The only hope I have left is that Avengers Tower will look great, but I bet they can ruin that one too.

I honestly can't say anything else than I agree with you. Rhodey's WM attachments look just as terrible as the sets themselves. I really hope the Avengers Tower is good now, especially since Black Widow is in that set too and I genuinely love that figure. But my hopes are low, a tower is hard to screw up but I thought the Helicarrier would be hard to screw up too...

2 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

From what I've been able to see so far (which isn't a lot, 'cause the pictures aren't they greatest size and quality) they're not bad, but I really hope to be able to see more of it soon.
I probably won't buy them anyway, but I might be interested in the figures.
Here's hoping pictures of the other Avengers Tower set will surface soon as well :sweet:

Regards,
Mitch

Same here. They aren't that bad, we need more detail, and although they aren't bad sets I won't buy them. I might get captain marvel or war machine depending on bricklink prices, but he'll probably be like $20.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Only thing I can think is it's some new ammo for a new launcher. 

18 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I didn’t even like this War Machine figure to start with, so I’ll have to agree with you. This set is definitely one of the biggest let downs of the year so far (I had such high hopes yet it just isn’t that good imo)

Just now, HarryVader said:

I didn’t even like this War Machine figure to start with, so I’ll have to agree with you. This set is definitely one of the biggest let downs of the year so far (I had such high hopes yet it just isn’t that good imo)

At least we can be happy to save almost $200 :def_shrug:

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I honestly can't say anything else than I agree with you. Rhodey's WM attachments look just as terrible as the sets themselves. I really hope the Avengers Tower is good now, especially since Black Widow is in that set too and I genuinely love that figure. But my hopes are low, a tower is hard to screw up but I thought the Helicarrier would be hard to screw up too...

They just have to upgrade 2015 Avengers Tower, it can't be that hard. Unlike the Helicarrier they have more pieces for this one, not less. 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

At least we can be happy to save almost $200 :def_shrug:

On the bright side we have more money for amazing sets like Harry Potter, Ninjago and Jurassic World (I bet HP sets are gonna be excellent).

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They just have to upgrade 2015 Avengers Tower, it can't be that hard. Unlike the Helicarrier they have more pieces for this one, not less. 

''It can't be that hard'', I lost count on the amount of times I thought this about a Marvel set and was proven wrong :laugh_hard:

Even with the additional builds and spinning blade feature, the Helicarrier could have been made interesting and visually appealing, but it's just bland and uninspired. It feels like a prototype, a very early first draft of a concept rather than a finished set.

On the bright side though, DC also got terrible summer sets this time around? So perhaps it's just more evidence that Lego are putting everything they have towards Monkey Kid.

Are the rest of the sets releasing in August? I was under the impression that all 4 new sets would be releasing together in June for Europe and August for the US. Also, what’s going on with the Iron Man helmet/bust? It doesn’t seem to be coming in May and I’m not sure when the mosaic releases either. 

18 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Are the rest of the sets releasing in August? I was under the impression that all 4 new sets would be releasing together in June for Europe and August for the US. Also, what’s going on with the Iron Man helmet/bust? It doesn’t seem to be coming in May and I’m not sure when the mosaic releases either. 

Yup, Hulkbuster and Avengers Tower are August releases.

At Toy Fair we heard that Iron Man bust has an early May release date, but I guess it's an August set after all. Mosaic is supposed to be an October set with an early July release (at least according to stonewars.de).

2 hours ago, SuperSith said:

Here is what the helicarrier looks like in-game for reference. 

So it's not actually based on the helicarrier from the game.

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I actually really like the War Machine

So do I. The stud shooter's easy enough to replace, and the roller skate parts used for his other gun is GENIUS.

2 hours ago, NetherCreeper said:

Yeah, they don't look very much alike...

If you look here at the various comic designs over the years, I think you can see a little more of what they were going for

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/S.H.I.E.L.D._Helicarrier

I think this may be one of our first bona fide comic sets. Sure, some figures are based on the game, but the helicarrier is something actually in the comics (as opposed to "character name" - mech), and figures like captain marvel and War Machine seem to not be in the game, so these are probably comic designs.

51 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yup, Hulkbuster and Avengers Tower are August releases.

At Toy Fair we heard that Iron Man bust has an early May release date, but I guess it's an August set after all. Mosaic is supposed to be an October set with an early July release (at least according to stonewars.de).

Huh, weird. Thanks for clearing that up. These release dates are more confusing than usual.

I finally found 1 thing I dislike about the Helicarrier: it has the avengers logo rather than the shield one. Definitely not going to apply those stickers. Anyone know any alternatives?

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

That scarlet witch is fake. Look at the set number that they say goes with the promo. It’s 75153, the old at-st from rouge one

Damn it. I really do have to use that hair piece now for her though

43 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I need that Scarlet Witch!

Don't see it but this got me really excited for a sec :tongue: