Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I think the helmet looks fine, yes it's over sized but so are the Ironman and Captain America helmets but people have gotten used to it. I think it'll look even better with a mohawk.  I look forward to seeing how they'll reuse it for other characters. I could definitely see it in green for Kree soldiers for example.

2 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

I think the helmet looks fine, yes it's over sized but so are the Ironman and Captain America helmets but people have gotten used to it. I think it'll look even better with a mohawk.  I look forward to seeing how they'll reuse it for other characters. I could definitely see it in green for Kree soldiers for example.

The helmet is fine on its own, I think, but on a fig looks quite off. The mohawk will just add to it's profile, making it even larger. Cap and Iron Man are compact enough to work. I think the real killer is the chin, as it overlaps the torso. A comparable helmet would be, say, the original Batman cowl, which, while quite large, kept a decent profile.

Good note on the Kree soldier idea, though. I would love Marvel battle packs. It's a shame we've never gotten any (Outrider Attack notwithstanding).

50 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

The helmet is fine on its own, I think, but on a fig looks quite off. The mohawk will just add to it's profile, making it even larger. Cap and Iron Man are compact enough to work. I think the real killer is the chin, as it overlaps the torso. A comparable helmet would be, say, the original Batman cowl, which, while quite large, kept a decent profile.

Good note on the Kree soldier idea, though. I would love Marvel battle packs. It's a shame we've never gotten any (Outrider Attack notwithstanding).

Don’t forget about the original Cap motorcycle set in 2012 or the Ultron drone set in 2015! I do wish Marvel and other themes would do more battle packs, though. 

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

Yeah, it would totally work for kree soldiers!

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Even with the outrider one, It only works if you love to army-build captain americas and black widows :laugh:

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Even with the outrider one, It only works if you love to army-build captain americas and black widows :laugh:

Now if Captain Marvel 2 is really about secret invasion (and if the Kree will return), they may just do a Skrull/Kree battle pack. We can only hope...

Personally I feel like the hair piece that captain marvel used  in the 2015 set  would look better on this new figure ( even if it's inaccurate). Also if a Marvel  cmf were to happen than (in my opinion) going with the x-men would be the best choice since those characters are so underrepresented in the marvel theme.

5 minutes ago, Icebrick said:

Personally I feel like the hair piece that captain marvel used  in the 2015 set  would look better on this new figure ( even if it's inaccurate). Also if a Marvel  cmf were to happen than (in my opinion) going with the x-men would be the best choice since those characters are so underrepresented in the marvel theme.

That’s because Lego tried to do the X-men in 2014 and that set was the worst selling set for marvel of 2014. So X-men won’t really be tried again in the wide Lego market until they come to the mcu 

4 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

That’s because Lego tried to do the X-men in 2014 and that set was the worst selling set for marvel of 2014. So X-men won’t really be tried again in the wide Lego market until they come to the mcu 

That's true but the builds were a little lack luster. Imo the figures in the set were awesome. I can't see why they would have contributed to the set selling horribly though.

Plush the out fits they had in the set were kind of dual  when in relation to the color palette that Lego chose. If they were to  go the rout that the DC CMF did and use a brighter color palette than there is no reason  that an X-men CMF could't sell well.

20 minutes ago, Icebrick said:

That's true but the builds were a little lack luster.

I thought the builds were quite good. You can’t get more iconic than the Blackbird and the Sentinel. It may have to do with the fact that not many X men toys were produced before 2014 so kids didn’t get a good exposure to them.

12 hours ago, HarryVader said:

Now if Captain Marvel 2 is really about secret invasion (and if the Kree will return), they may just do a Skrull/Kree battle pack. We can only hope...

That would be a really good set for AFOLS, but their armies would have to be pretty prominent to get a battle pack.

42 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Exactly. People don't know the x-men as well anymore, it's the MCU, and due to that, avengers, that sells.

Just now, HarryVader said:

I thought the builds were quite good. You can’t get more iconic than the Blackbird and the Sentinel. It may have to do with the fact that not many X men toys were produced before 2014 so kids didn’t get a good exposure to them.

^this, they just aren't as popular anymore.

The other thing to remember is that at the time Marvel didn't really want X-Men toys out there because they didn't want to give Fox the free marketing. Now that they own it all, that no longer applies

The X-Men sets I saw were very limited in terms of their release as compared to all the other Marvel sets of the time.

I think if they replaced a wave of Spider Man with a wave of X-Men, just 3 or 4 sets at the start of the year, I reckon they would easily sell. Each X-Men set has been just one set in a wave of Avengers/Guardians of the Galaxy sets, but a full wave would grab more attention. And it'd be better than another year of Venoms and repeated villains. Wouldn't even be mad to see Wolverine vs Magneto Mech

Besides, if LEGO can sell Eternals, they can sell X-Men. True fans of the MCU would go to see the movie and learn about these characters, but unless people are willing to take a chance on the more obscure characters, the movie might not reach out to as large a fanbase as the other flicks, which also asks the question if kids care enough about these characters to want toys of them

21 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I think if they replaced a wave of Spider Man with a wave of X-Men, just 3 or 4 sets at the start of the year, I reckon they would easily sell. Each X-Men set has been just one set in a wave of Avengers/Guardians of the Galaxy sets, but a full wave would grab more attention. And it'd be better than another year of Venoms and repeated villains. Wouldn't even be mad to see Wolverine vs Magneto Mech

Besides, if LEGO can sell Eternals, they can sell X-Men. True fans of the MCU would go to see the movie and learn about these characters, but unless people are willing to take a chance on the more obscure characters, the movie might not reach out to as large a fanbase as the other flicks, which also asks the question if kids care enough about these characters to want toys of them

An X-Mansion is long overdue.  We know it would be been fair popular as well considering all those years ago when it got 10k votes on Lego Ideas (maybe cuusoo at the the time) .

13 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

An X-Mansion is long overdue.  We know it would be been fair popular as well considering all those years ago when it got 10k votes on Lego Ideas (maybe cuusoo at the the time) .

Exactly. There is a lot of demand for x-men sets.

43 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

That's true. The x-men sets were surrounded by others that were based off of movies and cartoons that were just coming out and therefore just more popular. ( Also a magneto mech would be both really cool and appropriate considering his powers :wub:.)

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

^this, they just aren't as popular anymore.

That's because of Marvel.

Just now, Icebrick said:

I wouldn't exactly call Lego Ideas votes for an X-Men set high demand in the market. With the death of the Fox X-Men series, I agree with previous comments that the next time we see X-Men sets is most likely when they arrive in the MCU, but never say never.

Edited by HarryVader

They put characters in the DC CMF that aren't as well known or popular and that haven't been seen in any of the current media (Mister Miracle for example) so I see no reason why they couldn't do the same for X-Men or Fantastic Four or other less popular/less exposed Marvel characters in any Marvel CMF.

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

They put characters in the DC CMF that aren't as well known or popular and that haven't been seen in any of the current media (Mister Miracle for example) so I see no reason why they couldn't do the same for X-Men or Fantastic Four or other less popular/less exposed Marvel characters in any Marvel CMF.

I think Ms Marvel is a good example of this, she's gained a lot of popularity since her debut, but she didn't have any TV exposure until mid 2016 (Avengers: Ultron Revolution), then appears in a set in Jan 2017

My nephew loves superheroes, and has been playing on LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 recently, he knows most of the main characters, but I had to teach him who she was (he just remembers her as 'strechy girl')

I couldn't say how well the set sold, but if LEGO could take a chance on her, why not more of Marvel's longer standing characters

Edited by Quicksilver838

I think part of it will depend on what Disney/Marvel wants. They may well not want to have X-Men merchandise made right now (even though they got the rights back) because they want merchandise makers to instead focus on the big-ticket current media like the MCU or that new video game.

7 hours ago, Icebrick said:

I wouldn't say there is a lot of demand for it, even if it looks like it we are not the customers that make up LEGO's profit, those are just the general buyers. I personally don't know anyone who likes any X-Men characters other than Logan, Deadpool and Magneto (and the ones already established in the MCU) so I don't see these sets sell untill the X-Men get their MCU introduction. 

13 hours ago, HarryVader said:

I wouldn't exactly call Lego Ideas votes for an X-Men set high demand in the market. With the death of the Fox X-Men series, I agree with previous comments that the next time we see X-Men sets is most likely when they arrive in the MCU, but never say never.

Yeah. We already know many AFOLS would like x-men. AFOLS make up the vast majority of the people on lego ideas, so although there might be demand among 10,000 AFOLS on lego ideas, it doesn't have any indication about whether or not children, the target audience and vast majority of LEGO consumers, would want it.

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I wouldn't say there is a lot of demand for it, even if it looks like it we are not the customers that make up LEGO's profit, those are just the general buyers. I personally don't know anyone who likes any X-Men characters other than Logan, Deadpool and Magneto (and the ones already established in the MCU) so I don't see these sets sell untill the X-Men get their MCU introduction. 

Same thing here. Besides Deadpool and wolverine, even, (and like you say the mutants the MCU uses like scarlet witch and quicksilver), none of the other characters are really as popular as the MCU characters anymore, especially among children.

I just wanna say, IF they ever do X-Men sets again: fine by me, as long as the character designs are based on the animated series. The last X-Men set was not bad, I actually own it, but I was really disappointed by that Cyclops. It's so bland... Wolverine and Storm were nice though :thumbup:

In the meantime: can't wait for pictures of confirmed upcoming sets :purrr:

Regards,
Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch
Typo fixed.

When it comes to X-men, I think Lego will wait for MCU debut for them to make sets based of them. Yes, they are popular in comics as well as animated series. But joining the MCU is gonna be massive. And I think that's gonna be a cash cow for merchandising. And I can see MCU costume can be close to comic just a bit modern.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

When it comes to X-men, I think Lego will wait for MCU debut for them to make sets based of them. Yes, they are popular in comics as well as animated series. But joining the MCU is gonna be massive. And I think that's gonna be a cash cow for merchandising. And I can see MCU costume can be close to comic just a bit modern.

Rumor has it Ant-Man 3 is going to introduce Sue Storm / Invisible Woman so if F4 are coming soon X-Men shouldn't be too far behind

Ooops doubled.

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Rumor has it Ant-Man 3 is going to introduce Sue Storm / Invisible Woman so if F4 are coming soon X-Men shouldn't be too far behind

Heard that too. I'm okay with that. Just like spidey swinging into someone else's movie. I trust Feige on this kind of introduction then after that, we get their somehow "origin story" I cannot wait for this. Imagine your lego MCU collection number will double up! 

Edited by SpiderJazz

I wonder if Lego will make tie-ins for Deadpool movies though. They definitely won't make sets based on Deadpool 3 as it's gonna be R-rated, but a comic based set with Deadpool could work.