Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Black Widow did use that hairstyle in both Avengers and Age of Ultron. It's not perfect, but what hairpiece is?

I also like the new Captain Marvel. Looks like we'll finally get a decent non-MCU based team with this wave/year. By my count we've got Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hawkeye, Black Panther, Hulk, Captain Marvel, War Machine, and Black Widow, with possibly Rescue and I think Ms. Marvel was hinted at(?) I can't wait to see the sets. If this does well, hopefully we'll get an X-Men wave at some point.

Ms. Marvel is the "main character" of the game, I think. We already got a pretty good one in 2017 if you're looking for one.

X-men would be great but probably wouldn't show up until MCU x-men. Remember, before all these films people knew the X-men and fantastic four way more than most avengers. Nowadays most people ONLY know the avengers.

6 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I don’t know about set details but I do know that the series’s have been pushed back into next year, and if other themes are anything to go by then they will be pushed back too.

They weren't officially pushed back. Official Marvel Disney+ slate is:

2020 - The Falcon and The Winter Soldier (August) and WandaVision (December)

2021 - Loki (spring) and What If...? (summer)

2022 - Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight and She-Hulk

I heard that WandaVision might change places with Falcon and Winter Soldier. They both might also get delayed to 2021, due to unfinished filming.

9 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Black Widow did use that hairstyle in both Avengers and Age of Ultron. It's not perfect, but what hairpiece is?

While that hairpiece is supposed to represent her hairstyle from Avengers and Age of Ultron it does a poor job in doing so, which makes LEGO continously reusing it even more stupid

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

While that hairpiece is supposed to represent her hairstyle from Avengers and Age of Ultron it does a poor job in doing so, which makes LEGO continously reusing it even more stupid

Not really. No hairpiece is perfect, and I think it represents her bangs accurately enough. No one complains that Tony's hair is inaccurate (by the same standards), or that they used the same hair on mulitple figures, regardless of hairstyle. Not saying I mind inaccurate hair, but Black Widow is one of the few examples where it works. Would it be better if it covered half her face? Or revealed more of her face? I don't understand how it's a terrible piece.

Just now, ARC2149Nova said:

Not really. No hairpiece is perfect, and I think it represents her bangs accurately enough. No one complains that Tony's hair is inaccurate (by the same standards), or that they used the same hair on mulitple figures, regardless of hairstyle. Not saying I mind inaccurate hair, but Black Widow is one of the few examples where it works. Would it be better if it covered half her face? Or revealed more of her face? I don't understand how it's a terrible piece.

No one complains about Tony anymore because it has been done to death since the start of this theme. And I didn't say the BW hair is a terrible piece, I said it doesn't represent her Avengers (Age of Ultron) hairstyle well (that's my opinion ofc) and I dislike how it's continously being reused on figures were it wouldn't be accurate. Though I think my dislike for the hairpiece would be lessened if they finally gave it to us in dark red, I'm sick of them making Widow look like ginger :ugh:

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

No one complains about Tony anymore because it has been done to death since the start of this theme. And I didn't say the BW hair is a terrible piece, I said it doesn't represent her Avengers (Age of Ultron) hairstyle well (that's my opinion ofc) and I dislike how it's continously being reused on figures were it wouldn't be accurate. Though I think my dislike for the hairpiece would be lessened if they finally gave it to us in dark red, I'm sick of them making Widow look like ginger :ugh:

It depends on the shot (since, y'know, hair flows :laugh:) but in promo images at least, I would argue it's spot on. It's a little strange with the part, but overall the shape is there. For Infinity War/Endgame, they dropped the ball (especially since they could've given her the Elsa hair for Endgame) hard, but I digress. I also think dark red would only work for her Endgame look, as, while rather dark, she's still more ginger than outright red. Honestly, I wish Lego had a less-restrictive color palette, as many colors are off/need nuance to work with specific characters.

Also, on that note, I think Lego can be given a little creative freedom on figures that aren't directly based on a specific source (MCU, TV Show), as Captain Marvel may or may not be game-based. Until we see her game costume, we don't really know. I get that another hairpiece would be more desirable, but it's an easy fix, depending on the source/preference. I'm wondering what her mohawk will look like, though. Will it be straight spikes, or could it maybe fall over to one side? And I hope the helmet isn't too big on her, as molded helmets sometimes are.

Edited by ARC2149Nova

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They weren't officially pushed back. Official Marvel Disney+ slate is:

2020 - The Falcon and The Winter Soldier (August) and WandaVision (December)

2021 - Loki (spring) and What If...? (summer)

2022 - Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight and She-Hulk

I heard that WandaVision might change places with Falcon and Winter Soldier. They both might also get delayed to 2021, due to unfinished filming.

WandaVision had its wrap party, but F&WS has not finished filming. Given how difficult it is to restart filming after a short break, I would be surprised if this started up straight away. Whether they have enough completed episodes to release half a series, I don’t know.

Just now, RedHoodPug said:

WandaVision had its wrap party, but F&WS has not finished filming. Given how difficult it is to restart filming after a short break, I would be surprised if this started up straight away. Whether they have enough completed episodes to release half a series, I don’t know.

It finished main (principal) filming, but there are still things like post production or reshoots.

18 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Can't deny, this Captain Marvel minifigure is well made. I love the details, still bummed about the helmet being plain when the figure has lots of prints in it. Would love to see the helmet on. 

I'm glad that Marvel is now getting some love and attention. Hopefully it means well for MCU sets moving forward.

PS. @Itaria No Shintaku CMF is your game, I fully trust you with the information that you bring and it's appreciated. If you get some updates, I think many people here would love to hear the progress. Thanks once again. 

I don't need to hide myself on this.
A friend has been in Nurnburg Toy Fair and has been told, by the same people who revelead all the correct mosaics, that TLG was pushing to have a Marvel CMF series (because we know people would buy tons of those) and that depending on the Disney deals with Hasbro, it could have been as early as 2020. But, for sure, if it was to happen, that wouldn't have been until late October, thus pushing the usual 3rd from SEP to OCT.
Probably either something went wrong, or they decided to delay it in order to keep the usual 3 series in JAN - MAY(APR) - SEP. 

So, I wouldn't be very surprised to see this next year. This is my expectations I have no leaks on that.
JAN - Marvel CMF Series (Pushed from late 2020 to early 2021)
MAY - Disney Series 3 (with Winnie the Pooh characters so they have the moulds for the ideas project and they don't need to make new ones, as they can't for ideas sets)
SEP - Series 21

My 2cents.

New leaks of Captain Marvel and War Machine. 

Captain Marvel looks really weird with this helmet on. It's really bulky and oversized, the mouth looks just silly with it. I don't believe a mohawk can really change how it looks, not what I was expecting. Printed one looks better tbh.

Also, I honestly don't believe that War Machine will get a new helmet. Too many leakes of him with that specific helmet on. That can't be a coincidence. 

I love the captain marvel with her helmet on. It looks great and will look really good I think with the mohawk will make it look even better. I’m really happy they did this mold

in regards to war machine it’s 60/40 for a different helmet. Knowing how these sort of pictures work, there is still a very good chance of it being new because people bought the figure from the same seller 

29 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

in regards to war machine it’s 60/40 for a different helmet. Knowing how these sort of pictures work, there is still a very good chance of it being new because people bought the figure from the same seller 

That’s good. I’m starting to get worried that this is the War Machine helmet that we’ll get as all the leaks are with this helmet.

Not a big fan of that new Captain Marvel figure and I doubt the mohawk will change that. The figure and helmet are great on their own but together? Meh

3 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I don't need to hide myself on this.
A friend has been in Nurnburg Toy Fair and has been told, by the same people who revelead all the correct mosaics, that TLG was pushing to have a Marvel CMF series (because we know people would buy tons of those) and that depending on the Disney deals with Hasbro, it could have been as early as 2020. But, for sure, if it was to happen, that wouldn't have been until late October, thus pushing the usual 3rd from SEP to OCT.
Probably either something went wrong, or they decided to delay it in order to keep the usual 3 series in JAN - MAY(APR) - SEP. 

So, I wouldn't be very surprised to see this next year. This is my expectations I have no leaks on that.
JAN - Marvel CMF Series (Pushed from late 2020 to early 2021)
MAY - Disney Series 3 (with Winnie the Pooh characters so they have the moulds for the ideas project and they don't need to make new ones, as they can't for ideas sets)
SEP - Series 21

My 2cents.

Appreciate that! And thank you so much. If this indeed will happen, marvel fans gonna blow this up. Regardless if it's MCU or comic based. It'll be something special. But I'm leaning towards it being MCU because that's like hot cakes now. Thanks once again. :wub:

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

New leaks of Captain Marvel and War Machine. 

Captain Marvel looks really weird with this helmet on. It's really bulky and oversized, the mouth looks just silly with it. I don't believe a mohawk can really change how it looks, not what I was expecting. Printed one looks better tbh.

It isn't weird. It looks totally whack. This is what I'm trying to say few pages back. Yes it's nice to have a new mold. But what happens if it doesn't look good with the figure itself.

And there you have it. While the figure is detailed you got a bulky helmet with no printing at all. :iamded_lol:

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Not a big fan of that new Captain Marvel figure and I doubt the mohawk will change that. The figure and helmet are great on their own but together? Meh

LMAO. I predict this thingzzz hahaha. When I first saw that helmet I knew it won't be good with the figure :sceptic:

19 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Appreciate that! And thank you so much. If this indeed will happen, marvel fans gonna blow this up. Regardless if it's MCU or comic based. It'll be something special. But I'm leaning towards it being MCU because that's like hot cakes now. Thanks once again. :wub:

It isn't weird. It looks totally whack. This is what I'm trying to say few pages back. Yes it's nice to have a new mold. But what happens if it doesn't look good with the figure itself.

And there you have it. While the figure is detailed you got a bulky helmet with no printing at all. :iamded_lol:

LMAO. I predict this thingzzz hahaha. When I first saw that helmet I knew it won't be good with the figure :sceptic:

You're right honestly. Just look at how small the mouth is when compared to the helmet, it looks laughably small. No printing only makes it worse, as it looks really plain, unlike the nicely detailed minfigure. 

The main reason why it looks bad is because it looks like a helmet for a male. It doesn't have any female vibe to it, making Captain Marvel look like it's not her.

Well, I did like the helmet initially, but now it's just off. The mohawk will make it look worse I'd imagine.

Unpopular opinion, but I liked it when Cap had a printed head (tan face and all), but at least his helmet looks good. I think the 2015 Captain Marvel would've been better, as in giving us a printed head over a mask piece, as was said. I still like the figure overall though.

Also, I never was too up on War Machine's past variants, so the helmet looks new, but I'm guessing it's the Endgame one? I don't have it so I'm guessing here. It would be neat for War Machine and the possible Rescue to have the new helmet. It would keep consistency. It makes little sense for a non-MCU Iron Man to have the movie helmet, same for War Machine.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

You're right honestly. Just look at how small the mouth is when compared to the helmet, it looks laughably small. No printing only makes it worse, as it looks really plain, unlike the nicely detailed minfigure. 

The main reason why it looks bad is because it looks like a helmet for a male. It doesn't have any female vibe to it, making Captain Marvel look like it's not her.

Agreed. It is bulky that it looks like it's meant for male character. I also think a mohawk won't make a difference. 

Edited by SpiderJazz

7 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I agree, it worked for her character at least for AoU and Infinity War.

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I love the captain marvel with her helmet on. It looks great and will look really good I think with the mohawk will make it look even better. I’m really happy they did this mold

I think it looks a bit bulky, but other than that it's good, and like you say will probably look better and more like captain marvel with the mohawk on.

Just now, ARC2149Nova said:

Also, I never was too up on War Machine's past variants, so the helmet looks new, but I'm guessing it's the Endgame one? I don't have it so I'm guessing here. It would be neat for War Machine and the possible Rescue to have the new helmet. It would keep consistency. It makes little sense for a non-MCU Iron Man to have the movie helmet, same for War Machine.

Yeah, it's the one from Endgame with Quantum Realm suit. And no word yet if he's gonna have that mold or will be even a newer one. We'll see soon I guess.

i am still pretty confident it’s a new helmet. If I am wrong I’m wrong but I still think it’s something new. I’m still pretty sure we will have at least 3 new molds (if not more) for the figures for marvel this summer

I still think the helmet looks bulky and I’m still hoping a hairpiece will help. To be honest, I never found much wrong with the original helmet print, it was proportional.

That said, this wave is looking better than many past ones. War Machine, Captain Marvel, and Spider-Ham are all great figures especially as far as printing goes.

Yeah, I love the helmet on its own but it looks a bit off on the figure. I really hope a Mohawk helps. I also think it looks weird because she never smirks like that when wearing her helmet, she’s always more serious. I’d like to see this helmet on her MCU figure with the Mohawk on because I think it’ll look better then. 

58 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

i am still pretty confident it’s a new helmet. If I am wrong I’m wrong but I still think it’s something new. I’m still pretty sure we will have at least 3 new molds (if not more) for the figures for marvel this summer

Could you answer if do you think it's gonna be the Rescue/Super Adaptoid/Vulture/Wasp helmet mold? Or totally new? 

9 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Could you answer if do you think it's gonna be the Rescue/Super Adaptoid/Vulture/Wasp helmet mold? Or totally new? 

Based on several factors I would say it would be new

Thanks! That's nice to know. I am looking forward to it. 

I agree to you that these figures being posted came from just one seller. I totally know that. :wink: So we will see soon. I'll patiently wait.