Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

21 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Release date of these sets is puzzling to me though. Are they being released in January or later in year? I know movie was originally supposed to have come out already, so makes sense why sets are already done. But now movie comes out in November 2021, so kinda early to release sets now. I think LEGO got burned when they release BW and WW sets in spring and movies got pushed back. 

It mostly revolves around the first reschedule. This pushed Eternals to February (Now November), Shang Chi to May (Now July) and Spider-man 3 to November (Now December). I expect the sets for Eternals and Shang Chi will release near these dates. Eternals and Shang Chi would have been too far along in production/release to really alter plans.

The most complicated release will be the Spider-man 3 sets. Given if they release the entire Spider-man 3 wave in November/December it'd presumably be competiting with the Eternals sets. I think Lego as such would be forced to release the Spider-man 3 sets in July, maybe a spoiler set later - though luckily we should have a trailer or potentially full trailer by then. Lego are just going to let 2021 be a mess and then try to regain some organisation in 2022.

Most likely Lego sets won't start getting back to a regular film & set release schedule until 2022 if we have no more delays. On the bright side this would mean a Doctor Strange wave in Q1, Thor 2 in Q2, Black Panther 2 wave in Q3 and Captain Marvel 2 wave in Q4 - this along with potentially Ant-Man 3 somewhere in all of that. So 5 MCU movies and associated sets in 2022.

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I actually think Dane won't be suiting up in Eternals yet but that Marvel is playing the long game. In every leaked setpicture he's in Kit Harington is wearing normal civilian clothes and at last years D23 Feige announced him as Dane Whitman, not Black Knight. I know Whitman is Black Knight in the comics but if we'll actually see him suit up I'm sure they would've just referred to him as Black Knight during that announcement.

It has been said many times before but take in mind the listed prices are all in CAD

I remember reading a rumor before that they may Cgi Black Knight's suit in post-production, so I believe he will suit up. My guess is, just like Endgame, they don't want to spoil the surprise and mostly rely on concept art over on-set costumes. Also, they probably want to highlight the Eternals rather than Black Knight, hence Fiege referring to him as Dane Whitman instead.

I really like how the eye detailing for the Deviants are prints. The 2 flying Deviants share the same printed 1x2 curved slope and the other 2 share a different design that's also printed on a 1x2 curved slope. And Kro's head is printed but that was obvious :grin:

Also worth pointing out is that Gilgamesh's new faceprint is pretty much perfect for Luis.

Looks like all the small dishes on the Domo are stickered so that's kinda disappointing. The 3 big ones are definetely printed though.

I got the January 2021 catalogue in the mail today and lo and behold the Eternals sets were in there. I have to believe that the catalogue was printed before the movie was delayed again because there's no way these sets release tomorrow.

They're the same pics from before but if anyone wants any extra details or anything just let me know!

5 minutes ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

They're the same pics from before but if anyone wants any extra details or anything just let me know!

Could you take some HD pics of the minifigures? Most of the pictures shared so far aren't good enough to properly make out the details :grin:

Imagine if the sets just started showing up in stores. :grin:

I do wonder what release they settled on if it's too late to cancel the advertisements.

These are much more interesting than the January wave to me at least.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Could you take some HD pics of the minifigures? Most of the pictures shared so far aren't good enough to properly make out the details :grin:

Still a little grainy but these scans are about the best I can do right now: https://imgur.com/a/pSNOFez

With this closer look I can safely say this may be my favourite wave of Marvel figures yet. Though I have to laugh that Sersi and Ikaris, the leads of the movie, are the ones who get awful reused faces. 

4 minutes ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

Still a little grainy but these scans are about the best I can do right now: https://imgur.com/a/pSNOFez

With this closer look I can safely say this may be my favourite wave of Marvel figures yet. Though I have to laugh that Sersi and Ikaris, the leads of the movie, are the ones who get awful reused faces. 

That's great, thanks! I must say I'm happy everyone got legprinting instead of brand new faceprints. In a perfect world we'd get both ofc but faces are much easier to swap than legs and at least the characters who really needed it got new faces :shrug_oh_well: I adore Kingo's head btw, it just screams Kumail Nanjiani to me :laugh_hard:

Hadn't thought about it untill now but it's interesting that all characters with new faceprints are exclusive to just 1 set while the figures that appear in multiple sets all have reused faces.

The Ninjago City Garden set has a VIP Access in mid-January but won't be widely released until February. Is it possible the Eternals sets will be the same?

2 hours ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

I got the January 2021 catalogue in the mail today and lo and behold the Eternals sets were in there. I have to believe that the catalogue was printed before the movie was delayed again because there's no way these sets release tomorrow.

Are you in Canada? I wonder if the US catalog will have the Eternals sets as well

Just now, Buckethead said:

The Ninjago City Garden set has a VIP Access in mid-January but won't be widely released until February. Is it possible the Eternals sets will be the same?

I have a feeling it’s not, since VIP early access is only for D2Cs? Someone please correct me if I’m wrong

4 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

I have a feeling it’s not, since VIP early access is only for D2Cs? Someone please correct me if I’m wrong

You're right, the only differences in releasedates for normal sets are regional ones. 

Just now, HalfBloodPrince said:

Someone is no doubt getting fired for this

I doubt that. It's official marketing so this undoubtedly had to get through multiple people who eventually gave it the go-ahead for release.

8 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Someone is no doubt getting fired for this

I certainly hope not. If it‘s a mistake, this is in no way bad enough to get someone fired and as @Guyon2002 points out, this had to pass multiple instances first, so it‘s either intentional or many people are to be blamed for it.

It‘s just mindblowing to me that these sets may hit shelves before the first teaser drops *huh* 

in just2good's new video on the eternals sets, he roughly gives estimations on the US prices for them.

$9.99

$19.99

$59.99

$89.99

all together the sets would cost $179 before tax, that is an amazing deal for an entire wave. I may buy all of them

(before people jump on me, I said he ESTIMATED)

Edited by TOTDForever

3 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

in just2good's new video on the eternals sets, he roughly gives estimations on the US prices for them.

$9.99

$19.99

$59.99

$89.99

all together the sets would cost $179 before tax, that is an amazing deal for an entire wave. I may buy all of them

(before people jump on me, I said he ESTIMATED)

Not to be rude but this seems silly considering the leaked catalogue pictures have prices listed next to them. Unless I’m confused there’s no need to estimate US retail prices. The largest set,Rise of the Domo is listed as $120, in Arishems Shadow is listed as $79.99, Deviant Ambush is $29.99 and the Eternal Aerial assault is listed as $13.99 

These sets are great for MCU fans and once again I will pass but can acknowledge the quality of the builds being put forward. The celestial looks appropriately huge and the big ship looks reminiscent of something out of a doctor strange film. Magical and science fiction at the same time.

This mystery D2C is all I’m really thinking about at this point. I hope it doesn’t let me down. 

2 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Not to be rude but this seems silly considering the leaked catalogue pictures have prices listed next to them. Unless I’m confused there’s no need to estimate US retail prices. The largest set,Rise of the Domo is listed as $120, in Arishems Shadow is listed as $79.99, Deviant Ambush is $29.99 and the Eternal Aerial assault is listed as $13.99 

These sets are great for MCU fans and once again I will pass but can acknowledge the quality of the builds being put forward. The celestial looks appropriately huge and the big ship looks reminiscent of something out of a doctor strange film. Magical and science fiction at the same time.

This mystery D2C is all I’m really thinking about at this point. I hope it doesn’t let me down. 

It’s a Canadian catalogue, dude. Those prices are in CAD, not USD.

Just now, cosmic said:

The catalogue is Canadian, so the prices are in Canadian dollars, so it's right to assume the US prices would be lower than the ones  listed. Also, the prices Just2Good listed aren't guesses, we've known these prices for a while. They've been listed on brickset for weeks before the pics leaked. I think they came from a promobircks article a while back, and they're a good source so we can be confident in these prices.

About the sets, they're pretty neat. The deviants are all cool builds, and getting a large scale celestial build is great! The name if that set is also so cool, it really emphaiszes how massive the celestials are. If I'll get any of these, it'll be the $20 one, I like the figure selection and accessories the best, and the deviant build is unique and interesting. I would get In Arishem's Shadow, but there are other sets I'd rather buy with that money from other themes. Maybe later...

3 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

It’s a Canadian catalogue, dude. Those prices are in CAD, not USD.

Thanks for the correction, dude.

1 minute ago, NetherCreeper said:

Also, the prices Just2Good listed aren't guesses, we've known these prices for a while. They've been listed on brickset for weeks before the pics leaked.

Well thats actually better than expected because the Canadian prices didn’t seem too bad to begin with, so seeing they’ll be cheaper in the US is actually impressive.

Just now, cosmic said:

Thanks for the correction, dude.

Well thats actually better than expected because the Canadian prices didn’t seem too bad to begin with, so seeing they’ll be cheaper in the US is actually impressive.

Yeah, it was a relief when I learned that was the case too, especially after I realized that In Arishem's Shadow has less than 500 pieces...