Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Darth Caedus said:

1000% this will not occur. With 2 exclusive minifigs, this simply can never drop much lower than the $80-$90 it commands right now, and will only continue to rise. 

I don’t think anyone expects the figs to stay exclusive, much like the captain marvel set.  However even then, that set is currently selling for $300 on eBay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

I don’t think anyone expects the figs to stay exclusive, much like the captain marvel set.  However even then, that set is currently selling for $300 on eBay. 

Maria is still exclusive though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Maria is still exclusive though

The face print is. And searching auctions people have represented the figure well enough. The price is for people wanting a boxed (and probably sealed at that) copy of the set.  Same will happen with Taskmaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Square Enix Avengers game lost the company $63 million. I don't know how the tie-in sets did but PLEASE Lego, stop making so many sets with variants that nobody cares about (I desperately hope the Iron Man from the Thanos set is not a reuse of the Square Enix version). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

The Square Enix Avengers game lost the company $63 million. I don't know how the tie-in sets did but PLEASE Lego, stop making so many sets with variants that nobody cares about (I desperately hope the Iron Man from the Thanos set is not a reuse of the Square Enix version). 

LEGO needs to bank more on the MCU and comics, if anything the Avengers game just proved that ''sidecontent'' doesn't tend to do well. They need to up their game anyway, only 1 new Iron Man suit in the Armory expansion was really lazy :sceptic: My general advice for future Avengers sets consists of 2 words: MCU Legacy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

LEGO needs to bank more on the MCU and comics, if anything the Avengers game just proved that ''sidecontent'' doesn't tend to do well. They need to up their game anyway, only 1 new Iron Man suit in the Armory expansion was really lazy :sceptic: My general advice for future Avengers sets consists of 2 words: MCU Legacy.

I agree with you 100%. What angers me about the Square Enix sets is not just that the character designs are terrible, but also because making these sets came at the cost of fewer MCU sets, especially when the Endgame sets are not even accurate. We could have gotten bald Thanos instead of minifig Thanos, we could have gotten Bro Thor instead of the same Square Enix Iron Man variant, and they could have gone back in history and made Iron Monger instead of random mechs. Nobody asked for Square Enix Lego, and everyone knew the game would be unpopular, yet Lego insists on making more tie-in sets of this game than Endgame. While having 0 info on Disney+ sets, we know we'll get even more inaccurate Marvel mechs... The fact that Lego continuously refuses to give us the most obvious things that we want baffles me. I hope by this point, Lego realizes that it can't just slap the Marvel logo on sets and expect them to do well. Knowing that we're even having doubts about the $300 D2C being a good and proper MCU set concerns me. 

Edited by HarryVader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HarryVader said:

I agree with you 100%. What angers me about the Square Enix sets is not just that the character designs are terrible, but also because making these sets came at the cost of fewer MCU sets, especially when the Endgame sets are not even accurate. We could have gotten bald Thanos instead of minifig Thanos, we could have gotten Bro Thor instead of the same Square Enix Iron Man variant, and they could have gone back in history and made Iron Monger instead of random mechs. While having 0 info on Disney+ sets, we know we'll get even more inaccurate Marvel mechs... The fact that Lego continuously refuses to give us the most obvious things that we want baffles me. I hope by this point, Lego realizes that it can't just slap the Marvel logo on sets and expect them to do well. They have to give us what we want. Knowing that we're even having doubts about the $300 D2C being a good and proper MCU set concerns me. 

Exactly. The MCU is a massive franchise that currently consists of 23 movies, at least 7 of which have never even gotten a single set (the entirety of Phase 1 bar Avengers, Thor TDW and Cap WS).

Going just of what I can remember there are already a bunch of sets that could be made for those movies. I'll put the list in spoiler tags so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

Spoiler

Iron Man
Iron Monger: The Final Battle
Build: Iron Monger (Hulkbuster-like) and arc reactor / Figures: Iron Man (MK3), Obadiah Stane, Pepper Potts, Phil Coulson

The Incredible Hulk
Hulk vs Abomination
Build: church/building with destructable stuff and helicopter / Figures: Hulk (bigfig), Abomination (bigfig), General Ross, Betty Ross

Iron Man 2
Race attack
Build: Tony's car, Happy's van and a finish line / Figures: Tony Stark (race suit), Iron Man (MK5), Happy Hogan, Whiplash

Thor
Rainbow Bridge Battle
Build: rainbow bridge / Figures: Thor, Loki, Odin
Thor vs the Destroyer
Build: Destroyer and 2 buildings / Figures: Thor, Jane Foster, Sif, Fandral, Volstagg, Hogun

Captain America: The First Avenger
Motorcycle Ambush
Build: Cap's motorcycle and small Hydra outpost / Figures: Captain America (WWII), 3 Hydra soldiers
Attack on the Train
Build: Hydra Train / Figures: Captain America (WWII), Bucky Barnes, Dum Dum Dugan, Arnim Zola and 2 Hydra soldiers
Chasing the Valkyrie
Build: Valkyrie and Red Skulls car / Figures: Captain America (WWII), Peggy Carter, Colonel Phillips, Red Skull and 2 or 3 Hydra soldiers

Thor: The Dark World
Attack on Asgard
Build: small Asgardian building (maybe with a small tower?) and Dark Elves ship / Figures: Thor, Jane, Kurse (bigfig), 2 Dark Elves
Final Battle
Build: small terrain with exploding functions / Figures: Thor, Jane Foster, Malekith

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Highway Battle
Build: bridge and 2 cars, all with exploding functions / Figures: Captain America (civilian), Black Widow (civilian), Falcon (civilian), Winter Soldier
Final Battle
Build: Helicarrier walkway / Figures: Captain America (stealth suit), Falcon, Winter Soldier

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Exactly. The MCU is a massive franchise that currently consists of 23 movies, at least 7 of which have never even gotten a single set (the entirety of Phase 1 bar Avengers, Thor TDW and Cap WS).

Going just of what I can remember there are already a bunch of sets that could be made for those movies. I'll put the list in spoiler tags so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

  Reveal hidden contents

Iron Man
Iron Monger: The Final Battle
Build: Iron Monger (Hulkbuster-like) and arc reactor / Figures: Iron Man (MK3), Obadiah Stane, Pepper Potts, Phil Coulson

The Incredible Hulk
Hulk vs Abomination
Build: church/building with destructable stuff and helicopter / Figures: Hulk (bigfig), Abomination (bigfig), General Ross, Betty Ross

Iron Man 2
Race attack
Build: Tony's car, Happy's van and a finish line / Figures: Tony Stark (race suit), Iron Man (MK5), Happy Hogan, Whiplash

Thor
Rainbow Bridge Battle
Build: rainbow bridge / Figures: Thor, Loki, Odin
Thor vs the Destroyer
Build: Destroyer and 2 buildings / Figures: Thor, Jane Foster, Sif, Fandral, Volstagg, Hogun

Captain America: The First Avenger
Motorcycle Ambush
Build: Cap's motorcycle and small Hydra outpost / Figures: Captain America (WWII), 3 Hydra soldiers
Attack on the Train
Build: Hydra Train / Figures: Captain America (WWII), Bucky Barnes, Dum Dum Dugan, Arnim Zola and 2 Hydra soldiers
Chasing the Valkyrie
Build: Valkyrie and Red Skulls car / Figures: Captain America (WWII), Peggy Carter, Colonel Phillips, Red Skull and 2 or 3 Hydra soldiers

Thor: The Dark World
Attack on Asgard
Build: small Asgardian building (maybe with a small tower?) and Dark Elves ship / Figures: Thor, Jane, Kurse (bigfig), 2 Dark Elves
Final Battle
Build: small terrain with exploding functions / Figures: Thor, Jane Foster, Malekith

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Highway Battle
Build: bridge and 2 cars, all with exploding functions / Figures: Captain America (civilian), Black Widow (civilian), Falcon (civilian), Winter Soldier
Final Battle
Build: Helicarrier walkway / Figures: Captain America (stealth suit), Falcon, Winter Soldier

 

These are fantastic ideas! I'd be happy if Lego makes even 1 or 2 of these sets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Mysterio's head is just plain light grey underneath the fish bowl

Once I get one, I´m gonna try a glow in the dark head, hopefully the glow will at least be somewhat visivle...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Walter529a said:

Once I get one, I´m gonna try a glow in the dark head, hopefully the glow will at least be somewhat visivle...

I highly doubt that. The color of the bowl piece is the plastic itself, not just a 'skin'. And besides that glow in the dark heads aren't all that bright. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

I hope this means the marvel d2c isn't avengers tower with the "avengers game" 2020 minifigs...that would piss me off

It won't. Lego is already deviating away from that game in the 2021 wave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

It won't. Lego is already deviating away from that game in the 2021 wave

I hope your assumption is right 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, doclord said:

Any pictures of either Mysterio with the grey opaque bowl piece from Sesame Street?

@CM4Sci posted these on his Instagram story recently, I personally like this color way more than the blue one we've seen on the comic figure. 

20201107_120807.jpg 20201107_120829.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

@CM4Sci posted these on his Instagram story recently, I personally like this color way more than the blue one we've seen on the comic figure. 

If Mysterio ever returns in the MCU (which I think he will), Lego should rerelease this figure with accurate gold armor printing (kind of like what they did with mark 46 and mark 47, where the patterns are the same but colors are different) and the Sesame Street helmet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

@CM4Sci posted these on his Instagram story recently, I personally like this color way more than the blue one we've seen on the comic figure. 

 

Looks perfect, exactly what I was hoping. The blue recolor is kind of ridiculous in comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was looking at movie and the hot toys version on Mysterio and his bowl does have a pink/purple/blue hue to it. I think both the pearl white (Sesame Street) and the new bowl color is quite fitting.

6 hours ago, doclord said:

Looks perfect, exactly what I was hoping. The blue recolor is kind of ridiculous in comparison.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/marvel-mysterio-hot-toys-905217

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

@CM4Sci posted these on his Instagram story recently, I personally like this color way more than the blue one we've seen on the comic figure. 

 

Looks awesome, what color exactly is it supposed to be? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, steveholt said:

Looks awesome, what color exactly is it supposed to be? 

This is what his helmet looked like in the movie. I'd say both the Sesame Street and the new blue color have a good case in terms of accuracy but my personal preference is the SS one. 

Spider-Man: Far From Home Writers Explain Why Mysterio Was 'Perfect' For  The Sequel - CINEMABLEND

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

This is what his helmet looked like in the movie. I'd say both the Sesame Street and the new blue color have a good case in terms of accuracy but my personal preference is the SS one. 

No, I mean what color plastic is the Sesame Street Dome in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, steveholt said:

No, I mean what color plastic is the Sesame Street Dome in

Oh, yeah that makes more sense :tongue: It's satin-white according to Bricklink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.