Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Called it! Knew we'd see them today :grin: The 3 mechs all look pretty awfull but I love that new Miles figure so I'll definetely pick that set up. The Monstertruck is as bad as expected, the Spidey-Hidey-Hole looks like an overglorified 4+ set for some reason and the Hellcharger looks surprisingly good! So it's just the Ghost Rider set and Miles' mech for me, the rest of the sets suck as usual :tongue:

I'm liking the dodge charger and the miles and cap mechs, the rest is a disappointment. The lair is very generic, and the monster truck is straight up ugly, it's just s rectangle on wheels. Even the other spidey vehicles atleast were decent builds, if useless,but this is just bad. Also, I called the hidden side piece, but with how ugly that truck is, I don't think I'll get it.

The thor mech looks jumbled, especially with the tan legs, but the miles mech is unique and has the hood piece, and the cap mech appears to have a comic cap, which I'm happy about. The charger looks sick, so I'll be getting that for sure. The rest? Probably not...

I love how they're using yellow flames for Robbie Reyes to help distinguish him from Johnny Blaze!

Also, the mechs look pretty darn good, especially Miles Morales as it gives us a fantasftic Spider-verse version of the character. The Spider-man Hideout looks awful and the monster truck looks generic though I do find it interesting they went with something more along the lines of a food truck with monster wheels as opposed to the more traditional jacked up pickup truck.

Edited by ToaDraco

Ghost Rider set is fine for me i guess. Mysterio has the new hidden side cloud piece so i am stoked about that. I actually like the van ?
and Thor with helmet. Hopefully with long hair too, can’t really tell

Just now, Borex said:

Ghost Rider set is fine for me i guess. Mysterio has the new hidden side cloud piece so i am stoked about that. I actually like the van ?
and Thor with helmet. Hopefully with long hair too, can’t really tell

Same. Right now I’m hoping for a better look at doc Ock and at the hidey hole because I really want it to be more than an stupid 4+ set, and I feel like my opinion might change when I get a full look at it. The Hellcharger looks pretty sweet though.

New pictures just got added and we have an even better look at the Hellcharger. I see what they're doing with the flames on the side now, it's not a new piece it's just a combination of the super heroe blast effects. Not a fan of what they did with the back wheel, no idea what they were thinking there. I suppose it could work if they continue the flames past the back wheel to make it look like it's engulfed in flame. At least we can kinda see the printing on Ghost Rider's face though, definitely comic book inspired and looks pretty good.

Edited by ToaDraco

Just now, Borex said:

Is Sandman coming with the bus? And where the baddies in the hidey hole at?

I saw a tiny part of Green Goblin in the hidey hole, but nothing beyond that.

Unless it's just the prelims, looks like the webs on Miles mech are transparent blue

Highly doubt, but it would be nice if the Ragnarok helmet was stand in for a new helmet mold

Green Goblin is a minifigure, but I still don't see Venom, so he could still well be a big fig. One of the figs on display in these pics is Iron Spider, but that could easily be a placeholder

Doc Ocks arms look really good, potential to be better than 2016s, also nice to see Mysterio with that Hidden Side piece

Despite the crappy images not doing anything much justice, I can tell that the Spider Man figure is going to look amazing, looks like an updated version of the 2012 with an MCU like mask

Just now, SuperGrover said:

I saw a tiny part of Green Goblin in the hidey hole, but nothing beyond that.

Yeah you’re right. Another shade of green he has i think. 
The jail set of Hidden Side had actually a pretty cool basketball hoop. This one looks like duplo. 

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

Unless it's just the prelims, looks like the webs on Miles mech are transparent blue

They are but I'm pretty sure we already knew that

Highly doubt, but it would be nice if the Ragnarok helmet was stand in for a new helmet mold

Green Goblin is a minifigure, but I still don't see Venom, so he could still well be a big fig. One of the figs on display in these pics is Iron Spider, but that could easily be a placeholder

Doc Ocks arms look really good, potential to be better than 2016s, also nice to see Mysterio with that Hidden Side piece

Despite the crappy images not doing anything much justice, I can tell that the Spider Man figure is going to look amazing, looks like an updated version of the 2012 with an MCU like mask

Better than 2016’s arms? No way. Those were great. These ones must be pretty dang good. I don’t know how I feel about them changing spidey again. I liked the current design, especially the dual molded boots.

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Damn, where are you guys even saying Ocks arms? I can't see anything :laugh_hard:

Squinting Chang - Imgur

They're barely sticking out from the left side of the image one of them is coming toward Spider-Gwen. I really hate how instagram works but you can zoom in better on mobile.  From what little we can see they look good and definitely look like they're inspired by the video game. Also, I really like the use of that Hidden Side piece for Mysterio!

Edited by ToaDraco

2 minutes ago, SuperGrover said:

Better than 2016’s arms? No way. Those were great. These ones must be pretty dang good.

Well they look similarly built, new one uses silver 1x2 slopes and maybe even green studs for lights? But they're definitely better than the 2012/2014 version and the one from last year

Got a better look at Green Goblin. The glider isn’t as bad as it could be, but it’s no bridge Brawl glider. Gobin himself has is light green and dark purple, probably the one from the juniors set. No sign of venom, though. I can see two of the additional suits. One is very clearly iron spider, but the other is just really dark. Can’t really tell what it is.

Well they look similarly built, new one uses silver 1x2 slopes and maybe even green studs for lights? But they're definitely better than the 2012/2014 version and the one from last year

Based on what we can see, I definitely agree. The more I look at that set, the more I like it. It might end up being a buy. Honestly, if they threw in Deadpool and slapped a couple of food truck stickers on the side, I'd say this set would be killer. That vehicle is way more fitting for Deadpool. In fact, Marvel Puzzle Quest is putting out a new update with a new playable character that's Deadpool but possessed with the Spirit of Vengeance and his vehicle is a taco truck with monster truck wheels lol.

52 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Called it! Knew we'd see them today :grin: The 3 mechs all look pretty awfull but I love that new Miles figure so I'll definetely pick that set up. The Monstertruck is as bad as expected, the Spidey-Hidey-Hole looks like an overglorified 4+ set for some reason and the Hellcharger looks surprisingly good! So it's just the Ghost Rider set and Miles' mech for me, the rest of the sets suck as usual :tongue:

I hate to admit this because I hate mech sets but that miles set is really awesome....I'll pick it up along with the new miles game lol

Just now, TOTDForever said:

I hate to admit this because I hate mech sets but that miles set is really awesome....I'll pick it up along with the new miles game lol

You do know the game comes out 3 months before the set right? That's gonna be a long wait :laugh_hard:

also is the knew "main" Spider-Man minfig different from the mk 4 spider armor fig?

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

You do know the game comes out 3 months before the set right? That's gonna be a long wait :laugh_hard:

I'll buy the game first of course lol

Just now, TOTDForever said:

also is the knew "main" Spider-Man minfig different from the mk 4 spider armor fig?

We can't be sure yet as these are just prelims. Promobricks has said that it will be different tho.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We can't be sure yet as these are just prelims. Promobricks has said that it will be different tho.

Hmmmm. I think promobricks also mention something about arm printing...

40 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

New pictures just got added and we have an even better look at the Hellcharger. I see what they're doing with the flames on the side now, it's not a new piece it's just a combination of the super heroe blast effects. Not a fan of what they did with the back wheel, no idea what they were thinking there. I suppose it could work if they continue the flames past the back wheel to make it look like it's engulfed in flame. At least we can kinda see the printing on Ghost Rider's face though, definitely comic book inspired and looks pretty good.

Yeah his face looks spot on, but man that Hellcharger. Not only can Robbie not see the road when he's driving, the car itself is mad wide. Basically a 4x4 cabin with an extra 2 studs sticking out on both sides counting the tires. Not bad overall, I actually don't mind the stud shooters but it reminds me of this year's set with Anya Corazon where it was the vehicle, 2 heroes, the villain, and no other builds.

No side builds only works well when the main build is amazing. I think they could have made better use of the piece count than just making it even more oversized than we all expected. I also sort of wish the villain was an exclusive fig like Hobgoblin. Everyone on this thread came up with better ideas with Morbius tying in to the movie, Demogoblin referencing the original Ghost Rider set, or even a guy like Jack O' Lantern if they wanted a Halloween or horror themed set. Carnage makes as much sense as any of these guys but its still a tad disappointing.

1 minute ago, Legocity2713 said:

Everyone on this thread came up with better ideas with Morbius tying in to the movie, Demogoblin referencing the original Ghost Rider set, or even a guy like Jack O' Lantern if they wanted a Halloween or horror themed set. Carnage makes as much sense as any of these guys but its still a tad disappointing.

LEGO: ''yeah that's great and all but we've got some spare Carnages we want to get rid of.......''

7 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Yeah his face looks spot on, but man that Hellcharger. Not only can Robbie not see the road when he's driving, the car itself is mad wide. Basically a 4x4 cabin with an extra 2 studs sticking out on both sides counting the tires. Not bad overall, I actually don't mind the stud shooters but it reminds me of this year's set with Anya Corazon where it was the vehicle, 2 heroes, the villain, and no other builds.

No side builds only works well when the main build is amazing. I think they could have made better use of the piece count than just making it even more oversized than we all expected. I also sort of wish the villain was an exclusive fig like Hobgoblin. Everyone on this thread came up with better ideas with Morbius tying in to the movie, Demogoblin referencing the original Ghost Rider set, or even a guy like Jack O' Lantern if they wanted a Halloween or horror themed set. Carnage makes as much sense as any of these guys but its still a tad disappointing.

I'm pretty happy with how the car turned out and I fully expected it to be oversized and have exaggerated proportions. All of the "normal" LEGO vehicles I own are from the super heroes line so the exaggerated proportions fit right in lol so I really don't have an issue with it. I need better pictures before I judge the interior but it does look like he sits just barely high enough to peak out the window. I doubt you'll be able to fit a 2nd minifig in with him but at least he appears offset so he isn't in the middle of the car like so many City sets so at least there's a proper driver's seat. I'm really glad there's no side build I wanted them to put the parts count into the car and nothing else. For $20 I don't see how you could really expect a side build while having a proper car build. Speed Champions doesn't even do that, you get 1 car, 1 driver and maybe if you're lucky there will be parts budget leftover for a couple of road cones or a street sign. Here you at least get 3 licensed minifigs even if 2 of them are essentially repeats. I do agree that I would have rather seen a myriad of other villains over Carnage. Hell, Red Goblin would've been awesome and wouldn't require any new pieces. As it is though, I'm just glad it's not Venom.

Edited by ToaDraco