Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

One of the Eternals sets will be a "big triangular spaceship", according to the guy who leaked all those set names today.

cheese-ship confirmed lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

I hope Iron man vs Thanos is based on Endgame, but LEGO doesn't like fans enough to make new Endgame sets, much less one for $20

tsk tsk

I would love it if the Ghost Rider set is like one of those Speed Champion cars, but with flame effects

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

One of the Eternals sets will be a "big triangular spaceship", according to the guy who leaked all those set names today.

That sounds awesome, I was hoping we’d get a big weird spaceship with these sets! I really can’t wait to see them, I think they’ll be very unique. With WandaVision confirmed for 2020 I hope we’ll also see a retail exclusive set that isn’t delayed, but I think I’m getting my hopes up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TOTDForever said:

cheese-ship confirmed lol

The only Marvel sort-of triangular spaceship I know is Sanctuary II, but we know that's never happening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

One of the Eternals sets will be a "big triangular spaceship", according to the guy who leaked all those set names today.

Sounds interesting and unique. Still wondering wether or not I should pick up the Ultimate Battle of Asgard set from Ragnarok, quite like the look of the Commodore (and Hela ofc)

Disney+ just posted a list on their story showing all the releasedates for content up untill November 20th. WandaVision is not on there so expect it to release sometime in December

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TOTDForever said:

I just realized that the Spider-Man hideout set could be loosely based on his lair from Into the Spider-Verse. It could come with a display area for his suits, a mini spider buggy build, and a super computer build. This could be a great way to get different variants of Spider-Man we haven't gotten yet 

So you want it to be half Hall of Armour and half Batcave?

That sounds perfect. I hope that’s exactly it. :P 

In all seriousness, though, the Spidey hideout has me excited. I’ve been working on a Spider-Man base and if it does turn out to have some kind of Spider-Man suit rack that’d be awesome. I’ve been meaning to build one myself as a place in my city to store the 2013-6, 2017, Iron Spider and Stealth suits. Fingers crossed! Though I honestly can’t decide if I’d prefer a suit rack to be a unique design or one that matches the Hall of Armour/Armoury for combination potential . . and I know this is all hypothetical and nothing is confirmed but still, exciting! 

As for other sets, more meh mechs. Pity. And I see the dumb busts aren’t limited to Star Wars. If there’s a new Thanos and Miles Morales that mignt be cool . . actually wait, wouldn’t these sets have been in development right around when Into the Spider-Verse was released? Possibly a rather late tie-in? Either way, most of these seem uninteresting. Hope I’m wrong though, or at least that the latest Spider-Man vehicles (Spider-Monster-Truck? Isn’t that just the crappy car from the Venomosaurus set as its own build?) have some interesting and exclusive characters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

One of the Eternals sets will be a "big triangular spaceship", according to the guy who leaked all those set names today.

I'm not familiar with Eternals history, but is there any chance it's Rama-Tut's pyramid ship? The Eternals have existed for millennia, including ancient Egypt, which in Marvel comics was ruled by the technologically advanced tyrant Rama-Tut. He is better known as Kang the Conqueror, who has JUST been cast for Ant-Man 3. Coincidence? (Yes, probably, but it's fun to speculate.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

If they do I really hope it's inspired by Chloe Bennet's on-screen version and not the comic character. 

Which one? Chloe plays Quake in both AoS and Marvel: Rising, but the latter costume is brighter and more comic-y, which makes it more likely to appear (should LEGO ever make a Quake Minifig). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn that Spider-Man: Miles Morales gameplay looked good!

16 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Which one? Chloe plays Quake in both AoS and Marvel: Rising, but the latter costume is brighter and more comic-y, which makes it more likely to appear (should LEGO ever make a Quake Minifig). 

AoS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that rumor about Iron Man vs. Thanos being a 4+ set true? If yes then there goes my hope for a good set...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GHOST RIDER CAR!?!? I cannot express how excited that makes me! The first Ghost Rider set was a dream come true for me and this was the next set I wanted most. $20 for the Hellcharger and Robbie Reyes is perfect, I don't need another figure but another would be awesome. Quake would be really cool or maybe even Blade. There could also easily be a reused Avenger like Cap though since Robbie is an Avenger. I don't care if the rest of the wave is bad (it doesn't sound too bad to me) this makes it all worth it for me!

It sounds like we're getting more $10 mechs and I'm all for it. They're silly sure but they're great little sets, super poseable and is a super cheap way to get figs.

Edited by ToaDraco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must say that the Ghost Rider has got me excited. The first GR set was great. Hobgoblin is one of my favorite figs. Maybe we can get Morbius this time around? Or maybe Mephisto or Nightmare :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Borex said:

I must say that the Ghost Rider has got me excited. The first GR set was great. Hobgoblin is one of my favorite figs. Maybe we can get Morbius this time around? Or maybe Mephisto or Nightmare :-)

Morbius would be nice, especially seeing as his film is "expected" in March. An unofficial tie in, like Venom/Spiderverse in a wave just after their films

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Morbius would be nice, especially seeing as his film is "expected" in March. An unofficial tie in, like Venom/Spiderverse in a wave just after their films

Sony said there not gonna put any movies out until the whole pandemics over so the movie theaters can be packed but I would like to see a morbius minifig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Iron man vs Thanos set will most likely be minifigure scale because it doesnt seem likely that lego would repackage and remake the same two sets. and don't forget we are still missing nine sets from the list this isn't all the sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

The Iron man vs Thanos set will most likely be minifigure scale because it doesnt seem likely that lego would repackage and remake the same two sets. and don't forget we are still missing nine sets from the list this isn't all the sets.

I feel that Thanos may still be a big fig, we did get an infinity gauntlet tease from the Avengers Tower set, but on the other hand, a big fig in a $20 set sounds too good to be true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

I feel that Thanos may still be a big fig, we did get an infinity gauntlet tease from the Avengers Tower set, but on the other hand, a big fig in a $20 set sounds too good to be true

Yeah honestly this wave so far is horrible compared to the wave of marvel sets we just got (the best wave of all time, so far in my humble oppinion). But i'm still holding out hope because there are still nine missing sets from the list. 1414Falconfan the list he posted compare to the list of rumors that this leaker posted we are still missing nine sets. My best guess is more avengers and batman stuff. I'm pretty sure the entire spiderman lineup has been revealed and i'm convinced spiderman will be in the car set. So maybe like 4 batman sets and 5 avengers sets to complete the list, that all we are missing is batman/dc and avengers based sets. And avengers sets make the most sense considering lego did just produce a wave of sets that fan LOVED. (The avengers tower, the hellicarierr, black widow and falcon, and the hulkbuster). easily the best wave ever. I would be shocked if lego didn't follow up on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

I would be shocked if lego didn't follow up on that.

Agreed. They should continue giving us more iconic locations/vehicles with MCU and comic inspired figures here and there.

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Damn that Spider-Man: Miles Morales gameplay looked good!

That Miles Morales game looks perfect. Puts SE Avengers to shame... I hope the Miles Morales set is game-inspired

Edited by HarryVader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Noobmaster69 said:

Sony said there not gonna put any movies out until the whole pandemics over so the movie theaters can be packed but I would like to see a morbius minifig

If Sony's waiting for theatres to be packed for their Spider films they'll be waiting a very long time :tongue: Venom was awfull

3 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

And avengers sets make the most sense considering lego did just produce a wave of sets that fan LOVED. (The avengers tower, the hellicarierr, black widow and falcon, and the hulkbuster). easily the best wave ever. I would be shocked if lego didn't follow up on that.

That's very subjective. The Tower is loved by many but back when the sets were revealed a lot of people complained about the Helicarrier and Hulkbuster sets, rightfully so imo. 

3 hours ago, HarryVader said:

That Miles Morales game looks perfect. Puts SE Avengers to shame... I hope the Miles Morales set is game-inspired

So glad I followed my gut and didn't order the Avengers game, it's a dumbster fire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Thor's mech? lol

Isn't a Thor a god in the MCU? Why would he need a mech???

Why would Spider-Man need a buggy, or a monster truck or jet? :tongue:

In any case, this list sounds rather nice!
Curious about the IM vs. Thanos set (apparently it might look like SW's Duel on Starkiller Base set?), the Ghost Rider Car and the Spider-Man Hideout (always a sucker for base/home type structures).
The others sounds great too, just not for me personally!

Regards,
Mitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

So glad I followed my gut and didn't order the Avengers game, it's a dumbster fire

It's actually pretty good. The story is great, and playing as all those characters is SO FUN. It could be better, but it's pretty okay for what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's actually pretty good. The story is great, and playing as all those characters is SO FUN. It could be better, but it's pretty okay for what it is.

I played the beta and it just felt meh to me, I'm not into lootershooters. Watched a bit of the story and didn't really like what I saw (Tony's super-secret password is his catchphrase?! WTF!), they managed to pull off M.O.D.O.K. but that's about it :sceptic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's actually pretty good. The story is great, and playing as all those characters is SO FUN. It could be better, but it's pretty okay for what it is.

Game is not as bad as some people say, but it’s especially disappointing when you compare it to recent superhero games like the Arkham series and Spider-Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I played the beta and it just felt meh to me, I'm not into lootershooters. Watched a bit of the story and didn't really like what I saw (Tony's super-secret password is his catchphrase?! WTF!), they managed to pull off M.O.D.O.K. but that's about it :sceptic:

Beta felt like something completely different from the game itself. The game is so much better than that crappy Beta.

1 hour ago, HarryVader said:

Game is not as bad as some people say, but it’s especially disappointing when you compare it to recent superhero games like the Arkham series and Spider-Man

Except it shouldn't be compared to Spider-Man or Arkham, as these are completely different types of games. 

Spider-Man and Arkham series are single player games that have no multiplayer mode and focus entirely on single player campaign. You also can play only as one superhero, with a few side characters which you play for maybe around a few percent of campaign (or in DLCs).

Marvel's Avengers is a typical multiplayer game - it has a single player campaign which makes you love all those characters, and then all you have left are multiplayer or single player missions. There will be around 17 additional characters added later on, and that's what this game is about - playing as all those different and unique characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing as 2021 sets are being leaked, shouldn’t a Marvel Superheroes 2021 speculation/rumors/discussion  page be started?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.