Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, LOTR34 said:

Hopefully when the New Mutants movie comes out later this month it does well enough in the box office to draw out more X-men interest by the public. 

I doubt the New Mutants will do a lot to garner public attention. I would say that if Lego doesn't make Fox X-Men movie sets, the earliest time we'll see X-Men sets is when they enter the MCU :(

8 hours ago, HarryVader said:

I doubt the New Mutants will do a lot to garner public attention. I would say that if Lego doesn't make Fox X-Men movie sets, the earliest time we'll see X-Men sets is when they enter the MCU :(

You're probably right about the New Mutants :look: And I don't see Lego making Fox X-Men sets any time soon or ever.Let's just hope that one day Lego will release an X-Men set to test the waters and hopefully that happens before the X-Men arrive at the MCU because it'll be a long time before that happens.

I thought there was no more Fox and that it was all part of Disney now with the Fox name disappearing (and Marvel Studios taking over all the Marvel content).

Or has Disney decided  to keep what used to be the 20th Century Fox film studio (and all the Marvel stuff Fox had the rights to) totally separate from Marvel Studios and their other film production (and if so I wonder why they haven't just given all the Marvel stuff Fox had over to Marvel Studios which would make more sense, let the creative people who have been so successful with the MCU make whatever X-Men films are comming next and make the X-Men just another part of the Marvel film catalog at the same level as the MCU films in the same way as Pixar films like Cars and Disney films like Frozen are both treated equally by the guys at the top of the whole thing)

2 hours ago, jonwil said:

I thought there was no more Fox and that it was all part of Disney now with the Fox name disappearing (and Marvel Studios taking over all the Marvel content).

Or has Disney decided  to keep what used to be the 20th Century Fox film studio (and all the Marvel stuff Fox had the rights to) totally separate from Marvel Studios and their other film production (and if so I wonder why they haven't just given all the Marvel stuff Fox had over to Marvel Studios which would make more sense, let the creative people who have been so successful with the MCU make whatever X-Men films are comming next and make the X-Men just another part of the Marvel film catalog at the same level as the MCU films in the same way as Pixar films like Cars and Disney films like Frozen are both treated equally by the guys at the top of the whole thing)

The New Mutants was filmed while 20th Century Fox was still 20th Century Fox so has nothing to do with the MCU. It was also due to be released in 2018 before Disney bought out 20th Century Fox, but due to other issues kept getting delayed.

All future X-Men movies will be made under the MCU banner.

Edited by blurrkup

17 hours ago, legozebra said:

Not sure if you have a retail store near you, but my local store let me get six no problem, so perhaps it’s different for them. Target also has price tags for this and the Star Wars one out, which means at some point, they’ll make it to shelves.

I’ve got one about 40 minutes away and I know they’re much more lax on limits, but I was going to get these to hang in my new apartment at school and I probably can’t bring 3 of them on the plane. I may try getting one from the store and ordering my max of 2 online. I’d love 6, but that’s an insane amount of money to spend and I’d rather get one of the Marilyn Monroe and Star Wars ones. 

7 hours ago, jonwil said:

Fox still exists, but is now renamed "20th Century Studios". I'm pretty sure the X-Men will transfer to the MCU without the 20th Century Studios logo playing before the movies. The reason why we still have New Mutants is because those were planned and made before the merger. 

Edited by HarryVader

I know it's unlikely that we will see a comic based X-men set before they join the MCU but I don't think it's impossible. 

Think about it. Disney have always had the toy rights to the X-men. The only reason we haven't had more X-men lego sets and toys is because Disney didn't want to promote the films. Now they have the films rights They might want to start making toys and Lego sets before the new films set in the MCU come out to start promoting the X-men and making them more of a household name. They might want to start getting kids into these characters before they appear in the MCU.

Like I said it is unlikely that we will get an X-men lego set anytime soon but not impossible.

Regarding the Iron Man Mosaic - After getting six of them, it seems I only needed four, maybe five max to complete literally all the options due to the sheer amount of sealed bags left over. If you are willing to put together black plates and technic beams, you can make an exact approximation of the new baseplate that comes in the set, and from just four alone, I was able to build the three-length, Hulkbuster, and most of the original Iron Man one sans a few black studs which are super easy to obtain, and there's still tons and tons leftover that could probably make most of the final option. I'm holding off on opening the other two until I can calculate how much extra parts I need via Bricks and Pieces (where studs are 4 cents a pop) and if it's cost-effective to return one or both of the remaining ones. 

Edited by legozebra

2 hours ago, JediJosh said:

I know it's unlikely that we will see a comic based X-men set before they join the MCU but I don't think it's impossible. 

Think about it. Disney have always had the toy rights to the X-men. The only reason we haven't had more X-men lego sets and toys is because Disney didn't want to promote the films. Now they have the films rights They might want to start making toys and Lego sets before the new films set in the MCU come out to start promoting the X-men and making them more of a household name. They might want to start getting kids into these characters before they appear in the MCU.

Like I said it is unlikely that we will get an X-men lego set anytime soon but not impossible.

Disney will start promoting the X-Men sooner rather than later. The X-Men movies brought in billions of dollars in profit over the years (despite variable quality), and Disney didn't buy the rights to them just to sit on them.

The X-Men's MCU debut may be a few years off (my personal guess is mutants will be the focus of the third saga, after the Infinity Saga and whatever the next New / Young Avengers saga ends up being), but there have been rumours that Disney+ may have a new X-Men cartoon in the works. Possibly even a continuation of the nineties "X-Men: The Animated Series", although how much of that is nostalgia-based wish-listing, I have no idea.

We've gotten sets based upon cartoons before, and once kids actually know who these incredible characters are, we can expect some great Lego sets based upon them (well... terrible sets full of mechs, if they're aimed at kids, but hopefully with great minifigs for us AFOLs).

18 minutes ago, Felkin said:

Disney will start promoting the X-Men sooner rather than later. The X-Men movies brought in billions of dollars in profit over the years (despite variable quality), and Disney didn't buy the rights to them just to sit on them.

The X-Men's MCU debut may be a few years off (my personal guess is mutants will be the focus of the third saga, after the Infinity Saga and whatever the next New / Young Avengers saga ends up being), but there have been rumours that Disney+ may have a new X-Men cartoon in the works. Possibly even a continuation of the nineties "X-Men: The Animated Series", although how much of that is nostalgia-based wish-listing, I have no idea.

We've gotten sets based upon cartoons before, and once kids actually know who these incredible characters are, we can expect some great Lego sets based upon them (well... terrible sets full of mechs, if they're aimed at kids, but hopefully with great minifigs for us AFOLs).

Hopefully some great figures lol

7 hours ago, JediJosh said:

Ever since the rights returned to the Mouse House, there have been more Pops based on Fantastic Four and X-Men characters, as well as F4 Marvel Legends figures (they've been making X-Men ones infrequently over the last few years, though we've had both Pops and Legends figures for the X-Men movies this year), so there's no reason LEGO wouldn't or can't make sets for the characters. The only excuse is theyre playing it safe because they know Avengers, Spider Man and Batman for the DC side of things will sell

If the rumors are true and we get Marvel CMFs, that would be the perfect time to include lesser-seen Marvel characters (including X-Men or Fantastic Four) similar to how the DC CMF contained lesser-seen characters (or variants) and still seemed to have sold quite well from my observation.

10 hours ago, jonwil said:

If the rumors are true and we get Marvel CMFs, that would be the perfect time to include lesser-seen Marvel characters [...]

Personally, I‘d prefer such a series to be based on the MCU rather than the comics, but to each their own :laugh: I guess the MCU must be a bit of a two-edged sword for the comics in that regard: it helps characters who nobody cared about before to get mainstream attention and keeps the brand alive (just look at the decline of comic sales over the years, it‘s scary), but it also steals the comics’ spotlight when it comes to merch. Most people who are into the MCU have never touched a Marvel comic in their life (myself included), so from a business side it makes sense to favour the film, TV or video game adaptations over the source material :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Lego-Freak

We get enough MCU figures in the sets. I want figures we aren't likely to see in the sets (preferably characters that haven't had figs at all)

While I do read a comic on occasion my LEGO Marvel collection is purely MCU (and a bit of the Avengers game) based so I'd also prefer a possible CMF to be MCU based. But to each their own :def_shrug:

I think a possible Marvel CMF series would be comics based. Since most of the iconic MCU characters have already gotten minifigures, whoever is left to fill up a MCU based series might not have the broad appeal that a CMF series needs.

8 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I think a possible Marvel CMF series would be comics based. Since most of the iconic MCU characters have already gotten minifigures, whoever is left to fill up a MCU based series might not have the broad appeal that a CMF series needs.

We may have gotten most of the iconic charactes but we're still missing some iconic costumes (Stealth Cap, anyone?)

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

We may have gotten most of the iconic charactes but we're still missing some iconic costumes (Stealth Cap, anyone?)

Not to mention Endgame Cap:snicker:

They could fill a whole series with the Endgame figs they skipped over. I think there are more than enough MCU variants to complete 20 slots.

Edited by nintendude64

Just now, nintendude64 said:

They could fill a whole series with the Endgame figs they skipped over. I think there are more than enough MCU variants to complete 20 slots.

Agreed. There are still a ton of variants like Iron Man suits, WW2/Stealth/Scale suit Cap, homemade/upgraded suit Spider-Man they could do and that's not even mentioning the characters we don't have yet.

4 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I agree. LEGO wont put out a Marvel CMF without their main man Spider-Man. Spider-man based characters cannot be done if it is a MCU only series. I believe it would be a comic book based series with variants of Avengers characters of course. X-men and F4 characters and villains can slip in as well.

7 minutes ago, Leggomyleggo said:

I agree. LEGO wont put out a Marvel CMF without their main man Spider-Man. Spider-man based characters cannot be done if it is a MCU only series. I believe it would be a comic book based series with variants of Avengers characters of course. X-men and F4 characters and villains can slip in as well.

Uhhmmmm, you do know Spidey's Homemade and Upgraded suits are among the most requested Marvel figures right? :sceptic:

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Uhhmmmm, you do know Spidey's Homemade and Upgraded suits are among the most requested Marvel figures right? :sceptic:

True true. Good point.

idk, I guess I just felt a comic book based cmf is more likely to come from LEGO. Never felt the mcu gets the love it deserves.

29 minutes ago, Leggomyleggo said:

Never felt the mcu gets the love it deserves.

Thats a really bold thing to say, considering that (besides Spider-Man) most of Lego Marvel sets are MCU based