Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I think the most likely option is that Falconfan is teasing we'll hear/see leaks about the Wandavision sets fairly soon

Hotwheels photo of the falcon based off The Falcon and the Winter Soldier was posted by @thewidowstings on instagram

Meaning toy merchandise for the show is on the cards.

32 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

When do leaks usually pop up for December sets?

If it's like the first Mando set, it could even be released closer to October. It really depends on if Lego is delaying their Marvel slate, and if they have something in the set they would want to keep secret like Baby Yoda.

That's just my theory at least. If there are already leaks, it might be sooner rather than later. :shrug_oh_well:

Apparently, Disney is considering to move Black Widow again, maybe even to 2021. This brings us back to the questions of 1. will they extend the shelf life of the Black Widow set (maybe do this as well with the WW84 set)? It will be extremely awkward if the movie comes out and the set is already retired. 2. will they release another Black Widow set down the line?

1 hour ago, BusterNut31 said:

Meaning toy merchandise for the show is on the cards.

That doesn’t necessarily mean we’re guaranteed Lego sets. However, considering that Lego never missed anything MCU post Guardians 1, I would say the chances are high

Edited by HarryVader

On 7/13/2020 at 3:31 PM, HarryVader said:

I'm pretty sure Lego is keeping the October release date for these sets unless we are told otherwise in the future.

Might not be entirely up to them. I watched an interview with the people who make Marvel Legends, and they said they've had to delay their figures for Eternals, Shang-Chi and the Disney+ shows because they aren't allowed to show off their product until Disney gives them the go-ahead (beccause spoilers).

I don't know if Lego and Disney have a similar arrangement, but it wouldn't surprise me.

5 hours ago, HarryVader said:

Apparently, Disney is considering to move Black Widow again, maybe even to 2021. This brings us back to the questions of 1. will they extend the shelf life of the Black Widow set (maybe do this as well with the WW84 set)? It will be extremely awkward if the movie comes out and the set is already retired. 2. will they release another Black Widow set down the line?

That doesn’t necessarily mean we’re guaranteed Lego sets. However, considering that Lego never missed anything MCU post Guardians 1, I would say the chances are high

Yes I know, that's why I said merchandise and not Lego set.

8 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

Haha yeah he just posted a pic of her for no reason. He doesn't do that. 

Then you haven't been following him long, he does it quite often (and is more than free to do so as it's his account).

Several issues here:

1. We don’t know if any of the shows will get sets in the first place
  2. F&TWS has been delayed
  3. There’s no way WV won’t be moved as well
  4. If there were any sets intended to be released this year, we would’ve heard about them by now :classic:
  5. They especially wouldn’t have missed the chance to reveal something at SDCC@h
  6. And finally, just to reiterate: not everything FalconFan posts has to be a hint. This isn’t the first time people interpreted way too much into a single post of his :laugh:

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Several issues here:

1. We don’t know if any of the shows will get sets in the first place
  2. F&TWS has been delayed
  3. There’s no way WV won’t be moved as well
  4. If there were any sets intended to be released this year, we would’ve heard about them by now :classic:
  5. They especially wouldn’t have missed the chance to reveal something at SDCC@h
  6. And finally, just to reiterate: not everything FalconFan posts has to be a hint. This isn’t the first time people interpreted way too much into a single post of his :laugh:

1. That's why we're speculating about it. :sweet:

2. Agreed, if there are sets, they are most likely delayed.

4. Not necessarily. If there are sets releasing at the end of the year, they still have time to be announced, however unlikely it may be.

5. They didn't do anything for SDCC besides digital comics! Seems like they were not interested in pursuing it. Diagon Alley is being announced soon, and they didn't even bother with that.

6. I've followed Falconfan for years, and it seems like his insta stories are often hints, whether anything comes of it or not. Posting Wanda was very intentional, so unless he is just messing around, I think it invites speculation. :classic:

1 hour ago, nintendude64 said:

5. They didn't do anything for SDCC besides digital comics! Seems like they were not interested in pursuing it. Diagon Alley is being announced soon, and they didn't even bother with that.

You do know Harry Potter never has or had a big presence at SDCC right? Announcing Diagon Alley there would've been a weird decision, regardless of wether it's online or irl

ok people...lets just all take a step back and wait for more reveals.

this is turning into a "well I know more than you" back and forth.

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

You do know Harry Potter never has or had a big presence at SDCC right?

I think some expected it because of the Q&A coinciding with the dates. While Potter has never really had a SDCC presence, it was possible.

3 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

this is turning into a "well I know more than you" back and forth.

I agree, sorry if I came off abrasive. Just really excited at the possibility of Disney+ sets :tongue:

15 hours ago, nintendude64 said:

I think some expected it because of the Q&A coinciding with the dates. While Potter has never really had a SDCC presence, it was possible.

I agree, sorry if I came off abrasive. Just really excited at the possibility of Disney+ sets :tongue:

hahaha no worries bud. it wasn't you. I'm also exited to see what happens

I gotta say I'm very disappointed that Lego has decided not to reveal anything for SDCC (unless they reveal something in the coming days). It seems that everyone except Lego is trying very hard to give fans a look at their new products... On the other hand, given the uncertainty of film releases, I understand why Lego has decided not to reveal anything Marvel-related

Edited by HarryVader

I know this is off-topic, but I'm just going to say that I'm excited that I snagged an Avengers Tower Battle set. On the other hand, I really hope FalconFan's photo was a tease, I really want that Minifigure with a tuxedo vision for a small 20 dollar set. That would be my dream set. (Because Wanda from civil war is in a pretty expensive set and I can't bricklink stuff)

37 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

So, anyone else here hoping LEGO will do Square Enix's Hawkeye as a figure?

This is actually a pretty cool design, but it also proves that not every character from the sets are game-inspired (the Hawkeye from this year's sets looks nothing like this picture). This most likely means that characters who appeared in this year's sets including Thanos, Blazer & Tazer as well as Red Skull are not guaranteed for the game (Blazer, Tazer and Red Skull are clearly MCU inspired).

Edited by HarryVader

17 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

This is actually a pretty cool design, but it also proves that not every character from the sets are game-inspired (the Hawkeye from this year's sets looks nothing like this picture). This most likely means that characters who appeared in this year's sets including Thanos, Blazer & Tazer as well as Red Skull are not guaranteed for the game (Blazer, Tazer and Red Skull are clearly MCU inspired).

Wasn't that already quite obvious? The Hawkeye figure we got is clearly based on the comics, SE Hawkeye also isn't being added untill after the game releases so it would be weird if LEGO knew about him already.

Just now, TakeaBrick said:

I wanna ask if Marvel is gonna put out a D2C set this year. I remember someone talking about it early on. 

We don't know anything about a D2C so idk were you've seen that :sceptic:

Do we know how many Eternals' sets we are getting? If so, how many figures do you think we will get? The amount of characters for that movie is large; I fear not everyone will be made into minifigure form.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

We don't know anything about a D2C so idk were you've seen that :sceptic:

Maybe it is my extreme wishful thinking that has messed up my perception of reality...Is Marvel LEGO gonna release something big this year? All the waiting is killing me inside. 

Just now, Leggomyleggo said:

Do we know how many Eternals' sets we are getting? If so, how many figures do you think we will get? The amount of characters for that movie is large; I fear not everyone will be made into minifigure form.

We're getting a 10, 20, 60 and 100 euro set. How many figures we'll get is anyone's guess but I'm pretty sure we'll get at least the full Eternals lineup + Black Knight

Just now, TakeaBrick said:

Maybe it is my extreme wishful thinking that has messed up my perception of reality...Is Marvel LEGO gonna release something big this year? All the waiting is killing me inside. 

Doesn't look like it. There's the August stuff coming out in a few days and then maybe the Eternals wave (depending on wether or not LEGO has moved the releasedate), after that they'll be getting ready for the usual winter wave.

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Wasn't that already quite obvious? The Hawkeye figure we got is clearly based on the comics, SE Hawkeye also isn't being added untill after the game releases so it would be weird if LEGO knew about him already.

It’s entirely possible for Lego to receive info beforehand. I was just trying to say that now we have definitive proof that Hawkeye is not based on the game. 

Do we have any info on how well the Avengers sets this year have sold so far? I hope we get Avengers sets in 2021 as well, maybe this time comic/MCU based

Edited by HarryVader