Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Leggomyleggo said:

Given that the MCU movies have been significantly delayed, do you all think that LEGO took advantage and used more time to produce and plan out the Eternal sets? Technically they could have had the ideas set for release in Fall but now since the movie is set for early next year, perhaps they used the extra time to further develop the sets and make them “better”? Or is that wishful thinking on my part and they just postponed the sets’ release and are keeping to what they originally had?

I guess I was just thinking maybe LEGO might have a great wave set for us for the movie next year if they did have more time.

By the time most countries went into lockdown the Eternals sets should've already been in the final stages of development so the chances of the lockdown having changed the contents of the sets are slim to none. The only thing the virus might've affected is the releasedate but we won't find that out untill august/september which is when the sets should be revealed if they're still scheduled for october. The movie did only move a couple of months so I doubt LEGO thinks that's big enough to warrant a change in releasedates as opposed to the 1 year delay for Minions, we'll have to wait and see. 

On 7/12/2020 at 12:52 PM, Leggomyleggo said:

Given that the MCU movies have been significantly delayed, do you all think that LEGO took advantage and used more time to produce and plan out the Eternal sets? Technically they could have had the ideas set for release in Fall but now since the movie is set for early next year, perhaps they used the extra time to further develop the sets and make them “better”? Or is that wishful thinking on my part and they just postponed the sets’ release and are keeping to what they originally had?

I guess I was just thinking maybe LEGO might have a great wave set for us for the movie next year if they did have more time.

I'm pretty sure Lego is keeping the October release date for these sets unless we are told otherwise in the future. Based on what we see from the promotional materials, I would say it's very hard for Lego not to make good sets out of this movie, given all the Celestials (Lego's favorite builds -- mechs) and possible alien vehicles/tech present in the film. I think this will be a fantastic wave of sets.

However, on a side note, while I'm happy that Lego is releasing more Marvel sets, I'm slightly concerned about more large and expensive Marvel sets becoming a trend. Sure, I would love a $100 set once in a while (for the Avengers or an ensemble film), but as a completionist for Marvel, I would much prefer Lego to release smaller sets but give us new characters. I was never upset with them releasing just one or two small sets per movie as it means I'm able to afford all the sets they release (For example, I'm ok with one $30 Black Widow set, despite me still wanting Red Guardian). Is anyone else concerned that Marvel will become the next Star Wars where it's gonna be 50 sets a year and super expensive so no one can complete the collection? Do we think it's gonna happen?

Edited by HarryVader

Here is a shot of all of the 2020 Iron Man Armors (including Rescue and War Machine)

9lcchAu.jpg

Edited by agoodfella77

Saw it on your IG as well. Very nice! Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Still not entirely sure what to do regarding the helmet 'issue'... I tried to fit the new Iron Man helmet on an MCU fig, but it just seems off to me.
Which makes sense 'cause the helmet has a different design in the game than most MCU versions, but still.
Oh well, guess I should just get over it. It's only because of the upcoming Mark II prototype that I felt it should match the others, but maybe it will anyway, in a way...

Regards,
Mitch

Just now, CF Mitch said:

Saw it on your IG as well. Very nice! Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Still not entirely sure what to do regarding the helmet 'issue'... I tried to fit the new Iron Man helmet on an MCU fig, but it just seems off to me.
Which makes sense 'cause the helmet has a different design in the game than most MCU versions, but still.
Oh well, guess I should just get over it. It's only because of the upcoming Mark II prototype that I felt it should match the others, but maybe it will anyway, in a way...

Regards,
Mitch

Thanks Mitch! I must say, when I first saw these photos I was not a fan -- but they have slowly grown on me tbh...

I am still partial to the classic Iron Man helmets and hope they make a comeback...

Yeah, if they continue making Iron Man figs that represent or resemble MCU armors, that'd be better. 
But otherwise the new helmets are definitely well designed :sweet: It looks amazing on War Machine, I must say.

Regards,
Mitch

21 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Thanks to Stonewars we now have the EOL (End Of Life) list for 2020. These are the Marvel sets that'll be retiring this year, get them while you can!

https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-end-of-life-eol-2020/#lego-marvel-super-heroes

Are they all retiring at the end of this year, or are they going to retire in various times somewhere between now and the end of this year?

10 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Are they all retiring at the end of this year, or are they going to retire in various times somewhere between now and the end of this year?

I honestly don't know, just know they will no longer be available come 2021

Kind of surprised that the January Avengers sets and some Spider-Man ones are retiring already. I’m impressed that the Endgame ones, Captain Marvel, and December 2018 Spidey sets hung on for so long, though. And it’s a good sign that they aren’t retiring the Hall of Armor yet! 

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Kind of surprised that the January Avengers sets and some Spider-Man ones are retiring already.

Those were one of the worst Marvel sets we've ever got. I bet they didn't sell well at all.

17 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

And it’s a good sign that they aren’t retiring the Hall of Armor yet! 

Probably because they need people to buy HOA and the armory set together

4 hours ago, HarryVader said:

Probably because they need people to buy HOA and the armory set together

Yeah, but I was afraid they’d do it anyway. Like how each time they’ve released an AT-AT in the last couple years, the Snowspeeder that’s been on the market for a year retires right before it releases. Obviously that’s not exactly the same thing but it’s the closest example I can think of. 

15 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yeah, but I was afraid they’d do it anyway. Like how each time they’ve released an AT-AT in the last couple years, the Snowspeeder that’s been on the market for a year retires right before it releases. Obviously that’s not exactly the same thing but it’s the closest example I can think of. 

I know many of the Infinity War sets retired or were retiring when 76131 was released featuring Thanos with only 2 stones. I remember many wondered how they were going to complete the collection if they missed the IW sets until Hulk helicopter came out

With the state that the world is in, I really hope 2020 has a few more lego marvel surprises in store (very unlikely sadly)

3 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

With the state that the world is in, I really hope 2020 has a few more lego marvel surprises in store (very unlikely sadly)

Me too... Although I’m still hoping that Eternals release in October

Edited by HarryVader

7 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

Yeah I wouldn't count on it. I think we're just getting The Eternals sets (probably in october as originally planned) and then a january wave.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Yeah I wouldn't count on it. I think we're just getting The Eternals sets (probably in october as originally planned) and then a january wave.

To me, we will be fortunate if we even get the Eternals sets in October.

I feel like they would have a hard time making the sets generic, so I'm actually very interested to see how they turn out.

It will be very refreshing after the same recycled concepts we've been getting.

2 minutes ago, nintendude64 said:

To me, we will be fortunate if we even get the Eternals sets in October.

I feel like they would have a hard time making the sets generic, so I'm actually very interested to see how they turn out.

It will be very refreshing after the same recycled concepts we've been getting.

Eternals has only been pushed back 3 months, I highly doubt that's a big enough delay for LEGO to do a complete overhaul of their releaseschedule for those sets. But we'll see.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Eternals has only been pushed back 3 months, I highly doubt that's a big enough delay for LEGO to do a complete overhaul of their releaseschedule for those sets. But we'll see.

It would be miraculous if Marvel movies stay on their current dates. With the original confusion around the Summer wave release as well, it would not surprise me if Eternals sets just sit in a warehouse for months.

I'm being pessimistic though. Let's hope they stay on track. Very ready for a brick built Celestial. :drool:

Huh, I wonder when Spider-Man 3 sets are going to be released with the release date being pushed back to Decemeber 17th 2021. Will they release on a "regular" date, like August? Or are they going to make a special date for those sets, Liam they made for SW movies (September / October)?

9 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Huh, I wonder when Spider-Man 3 sets are going to be released with the release date being pushed back to Decemeber 17th 2021. Will they release on a "regular" date, like August? Or are they going to make a special date for those sets, Liam they made for SW movies (September / October)?

Likely September to better coincide with the Christmas release date. No new Star Wars movie is coming out in 2021 so the Sep spot is most likely open

15 minutes ago, nintendude64 said:

A certain Falconfan just posted a pic of the Civil War Wanda fig on Instagram. *huh*

If it's even one set, I will be ecstatic.

Not everything @Falconfan1414 posts has to be a hint :laugh:

Haha yeah he just posted a pic of her for no reason. He doesn't do that. 

Maybe he saw a SDCC@home exclusive Scarlet Witch figure to be revealed soon...OR...he saw a leaked image of the WandaVision set.

When do leaks usually pop up for December sets?