Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Well these sound incredibly disappointing so they're probably real. Aside from the bust(which I don't care about at all) these are not new ideas they've been done before. Sure the tower will likely be bigger than what we got previously but I can't help but feel LEGO is failing this brand. It could be that they're based on the video game designs, if that's the case it increases the appeal to me, especially if the figures look good and are varied but I don't have great hopes there.

Just now, Legocity2713 said:

Yes! Or any kind of Hulkbuster that isn’t 30 feet tall when compared to a Minifgure’s proportions.

Hope these sets include some good figures or references. Avengers Tower sounds like it could be interesting. Maybe based on the newer comics and the way it appeared in the Spider-Man PS4 game.

I know right, a better build that is minifigure friendly. As for the minifigures included, I want the co-founders in it!

Regarding the Avengers Tower, why does everyone think it will be bigger than the previous one? Surely it will be smaller then the previous one and have some dumb side vehicle that makes no sense (or yet another helicopter)

1 minute ago, Hulk_Smash said:

Regarding the Avengers Tower, why does everyone think it will be bigger than the previous one? Surely it will be smaller then the previous one and have some dumb side vehicle that makes no sense (or yet another helicopter)

Last one was $60, and it had 511 pieces.

This one is $100, and it will definitely be bigger.

52 minutes ago, Hulk_Smash said:

With a $40 price difference it's pretty obvious it's going to be a lot bigger. Unless they throw in a massive helicopter or something similair, which actually sounds like something they would do.......

The wave sounds mediocre, except for the Avengers Tower. I missed the 2014 one, so an updated and improved one would be so great to have. The previous one had four floors, this one might have five or even six! I can see I’m going to have to set aside a baseplate in my city for it, because there’s not a single other set so far that excites me as much as a new Avengers Tower does. 

Hulkbuster, meh. I like the IW one enough. Easy pass on the bust, no interest. I wonder what the others will be like?

2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

The wave sounds mediocre, except for the Avengers Tower. I missed the 2014 one, so an updated and improved one would be so great to have. The previous one had four floors, this one might have five or even six! I can see I’m going to have to set aside a baseplate in my city for it, because there’s not a single other set so far that excites me as much as a new Avengers Tower does. 

Hulkbuster, meh. I like the IW one enough. Easy pass on the bust, no interest. I wonder what the others will be like?

I too missed out on the tower so this one will hopefully be good enough to pick up. I love the Hulkbuster sets we've gotten so far, the IW one is by far the best, but I'm probably at my limit unless they do something amazing with it.

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

At the 3:05 mark it was mentioned that there is an Ironman set loosely based in the first film. 

Could this be "hulkbuster", and actually be iron monger? I struggle to think of other stuff from the first film, besides his worskshop and house, unless they want to give us military tanks, which I doubt.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

With a $40 price difference it's pretty obvious it's going to be a lot bigger. Unless they throw in a massive helicopter or something similair, which actually sounds like something they would do.......

It's got to be bigger, I agree.

The helmet/bust sounds pretty cool but I'll have to see images before I decide whether to buy it or not.

Hulkbuster should be fine, it's a nice way to get a mech that actually makes some sense as to why it would exist

The tower could either be REALLY good, or REALLY bad. Hopefully we get a large tower with a nice exterior.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Could this be "hulkbuster", and actually be iron monger? I struggle to think of other stuff from the first film, besides his worskshop and house, unless they want to give us military tanks, which I doubt.

It's got to be bigger, I agree.

The helmet/bust sounds pretty cool but I'll have to see images before I decide whether to buy it or not.

Hulkbuster should be fine, it's a nice way to get a mech that actually makes some sense as to why it would exist

The tower could either be REALLY good, or REALLY bad. Hopefully we get a large tower with a nice exterior.

Ooh I like your thinking. I'd definitely be interested in an Iron Monger set but if that were the case, it likely would've said so, sadly.

17 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Ooh I like your thinking. I'd definitely be interested in an Iron Monger set but if that were the case, it likely would've said so, sadly.

What else do you think it could be then? I'm hoping it bears some relation and isn't just a helicopter with the mk 3 or something

I have pretty high hopes for the Avengers Tower. Sure I expect a small helicopter that would be able to land on the helipad but that's roughly $20,-. The tower probably isn't too much bigger, maybe 1 floor, but I'll take it even if it's the same hight (smaller is unlikely because it really wouldn't be a tower anymore at that point). I just hope they'll get the shape right and make a somewhat more interesting interior.

On a sidenote I really don't have any hopes for this supposed Iron Man 1 related set. It's probably a figure inclusion at best, or even more likely just a small accessory that's related to the movie like "proof that Tony Stark has a heart"

5 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I have pretty high hopes for the Avengers Tower. Sure I expect a small helicopter that would be able to land on the helipad but that's roughly $20,-. The tower probably isn't too much bigger, maybe 1 floor, but I'll take it even if it's the same hight (smaller is unlikely because it really wouldn't be a tower anymore at that point). I just hope they'll get the shape right and make a somewhat more interesting interior.

On a sidenote I really don't have any hopes for this supposed Iron Man 1 related set. It's probably a figure inclusion at best, or even more likely just a small accessory that's related to the movie like "proof that Tony Stark has a heart"

Take in mind we don't know what version of the Avengers Tower it's going to be. Looking at the latest wave I wouldn't be surprised if the Tower is based off the Avengers game.

Whatever it's going to be I'm not going to hope for much, it wouldn't be the first time we got a name with the set ultimately being extremely disappointing

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

What else do you think it could be then? I'm hoping it bears some relation and isn't just a helicopter with the mk 3 or something

Either a comic book version or one based on the upcoming game (assuming we're getting more sets based on it and the Hulkbuster is featured). 

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

Either a comic book version or one based on the upcoming game (assuming we're getting more sets based on it and the Hulkbuster is featured). 

To clear things up. We are talking about a two different sets here. Hulkbuster is hulkbuster as is, we don't know which version but it's there. Either it's game or comic or what it's hulkbuster. 

The other set that was pointed out by Ashnflash is MCU-connected, and a person who attended the event said it's loosely based in Ironman 1. Iron Monger was just a speculation on his part. Because what more could you think of a better set based in Ironman 1.

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Because what more could you think of a better set based in Ironman 1.

Iron-Man's convertable mech/helicopter ofcourse, or his giant motorcycle :wink:

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Iron-Man's convertable mech/helicopter ofcourse, or his giant motorcycle :wink:

I dunno... clearly, we've been disappointed numerous times, but this one I'm giving a chance. That person could be just being a d**k OR it exists and it's a sell-out. 

Unless I'm misinterpreting FalconFan's latest post the venomized Iron-Man figure is coming in a $30 Walmart exclusive set. So that's another $30 saved :tongue:

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Unless I'm misinterpreting FalconFan's latest post the venomized Iron-Man figure is coming in a $30 Walmart exclusive set. So that's another $30 saved :tongue:

I wonder what the build will be? I hope it isn't another mech ? I am tired of Venom mechs

Just now, TOTDForever said:

I wonder what the build will be? I hope it isn't another mech ? I am tired of Venom mechs

Me too... hopefully it’s something cool

21 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

A Venom jet of course, with his face being plastered all over it :tongue:

It's been said for a while that this is a Spider Man vs Venom set, but now with a preliminary name of "Avengers - Venom", my interest has truly peaked. In a $30 set we could have a maximum of 4 figures, unless (which for this line would be impossible) we get a Gamers Market like set with small builds and more figures. I'm hoping that we either don't get Venom at all, or they at least do something better with him. Also if Spider Man is included, but a Symbiote variant, I'm calling it now, it'll be this version;

1436_4202_8d766dc48ee6e31_46460_Marvel_V

@Quicksilver838 the thing is, we could have gotten an early look with the figures IF EVER THERE IS SOMETHING NEW so what I'm thinking is it'll include an Avenger member/s (re-use) or I'm just wrong. 

I'm leaning towards that there is nothing new other than Iron Venom (which I already own) and that's kinda disappointing.

6 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

The other set that was pointed out by Ashnflash is MCU-connected, and a person who attended the event said it's loosely based in Ironman 1. Iron Monger was just a speculation on his part. Because what more could you think of a better set based in Ironman 1.

Which is weird because in 1414falconfan’s comment section, someone who saw the sets said the sets aren’t MCU based and also said the Avengers tower isn’t dark like the last one and instead is light red and is bigger than the last one.