Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I have a feeling Arishem is going to be a villain. Doesn’t he destroy planets and civilizations considered unworthy by the Celestials? Maybe he’s like a Dormammu type character in the movie? Anyway, I’m just happy to get a LEGO Celestial.

Edited by HarryVader

These new sets look amazing! I especially love that brick built Celestial figure and the triangular spaceship.

1 hour ago, HarryVader said:

I have a feeling Arishem is going to be a villain. Doesn’t he destroy planets and civilizations considered unworthy by the Celestials? Maybe he’s like a Dormammu type character in the movie? Anyway, I’m just happy to get a LEGO Celestial

Probably, not buying in the slightest that he randomly shows up to help our already incredibly over-powered large cast of heroic characters. The only things we know about the Celestials so far in the MCU is that they pre-date the Infinity Stones and that they were notorious for using the Infinity Stones for destructive purposes. Just speculating, but would admittedly feel like what they attempted with the Supreme Intelligence in Captain Marvel

2 hours ago, ood0 said:

Why wouldn't they choose him? He's pretty much the Celestial leader.

image-asset.jpeg?format=2500w
Speaking from a set perspective as no idea the role they play or do not play in the film.

Eson The Searcher is the most well-known Celestial among the movie fans, he's appeared in Guardians Of The Galaxy and his actions already demonstrate that the Celestials will not be righteous beings. He also appeared in Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 and generally seemed to be getting more attention.

Granted Lego have went with a slightly more comic inspired version of Arishem that has the six 'eyes', that perhaps the movie will also have (given the above pic is concept art), but personally I think the other Eternals pictured here look a lot more interesting from a visual standpoint and would have provided better sets. Personally I would have went with the celestial on the left who appears to have an interesting colour scheme and a distinct 'arc' around them.

Edited by Scarilian

Wow so glad to have positive things to say about Marvel sets. :tongue:

These are very different. Even though the Deviants make up most of the builds, they provide a nice contrast from increasingly dull vehicles. It remains to be seen how memorable they are in the film, but they are certainly vibrant and interesting in the sets! To me, the Deviant Ambush looks like the most interesting creature.

As others have said, the Celestial is definitely the standout, and it's very nice to have a character as a flagship set, especially one who's set to be pretty iconic.

It's very neat how the dorito ship folds out, and again the vibrant colors and unusual parts make it much more satisfying than the typical Lego Marvel selection.

The reused faces are disappointing, especially when they come from fellow Marvel characters, but the overhaul in other aspects helps me overlook it.

I hope the movie is as unique as the sets, because they certainly renew my hope for the line.

Wow, these Eternals sets are frikin amazing! When I first saw these pictures I thought it was Legos new original theme as it looks so good! But then I saw that it was Eternals and got excited even more. 

Eternals ship and Celestial look just amazing! Smaller sets with Deviants look good too, but clearly filler compared to main 2sets.

Clearly some faces are reused which is a bummer, as LEGO is very lazy with faces for licensed faces recently. But all minifigures have leg print! Which should be a norm in 2020, but LEGO for some reason makes it a rarity. 

Release date of these sets is puzzling to me though. Are they being released in January or later in year? I know movie was originally supposed to have come out already, so makes sense why sets are already done. But now movie comes out in November 2021, so kinda early to release sets now. I think LEGO got burned when they release BW and WW sets in spring and movies got pushed back. 

Edited by benderisgreat

7 hours ago, The Stud said:

It’s also interesting to note thar the smallest set is $12.99. We don’t get too many sets at that price point anymore, certainly not any licensed ones. I’m excited to see what other MCU sets we’ll be getting next year!

Take in mind that these prices are all in CAD :wink:

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

I think LEGO got burned when they release BW and WW sets in spring and movies got pushed back. 

They didn't have much of a choice as putting the sets in storage for such a long time was bound to cost them a lot of money. Releasing them regardless of the delays was a good decision.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Take in mind that these prices are all in CAD :wink:

They didn't have much of a choice as putting the sets in storage for such a long time was bound to cost them a lot of money. Releasing them regardless of the delays was a good decision.

Yeah, but WW set isn’t selling well. I constantly see it on shelves with no interest from buyers. 

Anyways hope LEGO releases Eternals sets soon as they are genially best Marvel sets in a long time.

Glad to see Jack Kirby getting some love, here’s hoping his estate gets something out of it. If the Fourth World film gets as much attention I will be very happy.

Just in case anyone else thought about replacing Thena's hairpiece with the one used for Elsa, here's a rough representation of what that would look like: 

Screenshot_53.jpg

It's not entirely accurate as her braid should be on the right but it's definetely better than the hair they used imo. 

can someone briefly explain the lore to the Eternals? I want to get all of these sets because these figs/builds are breathtaking. What is a celestial and a deviant?

10 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

can someone briefly explain the lore to the Eternals? I want to get all of these sets because these figs/builds are breathtaking. What is a celestial and a deviant?

Celestials have already appeared in the MCU: there was Eson the Searcher, who briefly showed up in the first GotG (wielding the power stone to demonstrate its destructive power), an unknown dead Celestial whose head was turned into Knowhere, and in GotG Vol 2 there was Ego (who originally wasn't a Celestial in the comics I think). From what I can gather, the Celestials created both the Eternals and the Deviants, and the latter are a sort of evil counterpart to the former. :classic:

Edited by Lego-Freak

21 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

What is a celestial and a deviant?

From the very little knowledge I have of the source material: Celestials are like the gods in the universe. They created Eternals and Deviants. Deviants are the villains of Eternals. Most of them in the comics are monster-like creatures and named villains rather than faceless armies like Outrider (not sure what will happen in the MCU).  

Also, in the comics, Druig is a villain and sometimes leads the Deviants against the Eternals. Not sure if that’ll happen in the film. 

Another interesting fact of Eternals is that they, throughout the years, have influenced human history and are the gods in myths and legends. For example, “Mercury” is actually Makkari. Similarly, the Deviants are regarded as devils, with Kro himself representing Satan.  

2 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

I'd recommend just looking it up on YouTube, Variant Comics has some great (and short) videos that explain the Eternals and Celestials

Kit Harrington is playing Black Knight in the eternals, kind of upset we did not get a minifigure of him, I am still hoping we get a set based on FATWS, WandaVision, Loki, Hawkeye, Ms Marvel.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd recommend just looking it up on YouTube, Variant Comics has some great (and short) videos that explain the Eternals and Celestials

thank you! also I looked up a pic of the Black Knight, and I understand why you were hoping for him to be made :( He looks really cool

i think if the sets are ready to be onloaded into the world lego should release them in january

considering the pandemic is far from over and more people will be spending time indoors the sets could sell really well , why wait until later when lego could make the money now

Just now, thekeeperofthereaper said:

i think if the sets are ready to be onloaded into the world lego should release them in january

considering the pandemic is far from over and more people will be spending time indoors the sets could sell really well , why wait until later when lego could make the money now

Because in theory it would make more money releasing closer to the release of the movie itself 

Regarding Black Knight does anyone else think that they are saving him for an exclusive comic con set or something, like they did with Red Guardian. To me that seems like something Lego would do.

Since not many people know Eternals, they’ll most likely buy the sets after they see the film and understand these characters more (I feel the Black Widow set may sell better after that film comes out, when the general public knows Yelena and Taskmaster more, for example). It makes no sense to release the sets so early, especially if they were to retire a month or two after the film releases. I feel like the earliest release is March, but even that feels too early. Summer to August makes much more sense to me.

26 minutes ago, JediJosh said:

Regarding Black Knight does anyone else think that they are saving him for an exclusive comic con set or something, like they did with Red Guardian. To me that seems like something Lego would do.

Even though I hope not, I think that’s definitely happening. 

Looking at clearer set pictures, it looks like the only characters that seem to have new head prints are Gilgamesh, Kingo, Ajak, and Phastos. A little disappointed that Lego reusing heads for licensed minifigs is becoming a trend. It makes each minifig less unique and diminishes the resemblance to their actors. 

Edited by HarryVader

HD pics of the eternals sets have surfaced, and we got a more clear look at the inside of the dorito ship. It it densely packed with awesome details and it also looks like there is a little dropship/drone thing on the bottom left. I'm not sure what the Golden staff is supposed to represent but it also looks cool. I am not crazy about the price/piece ratio in the celestial set..I wonder if the light brick jacked up the price?

1 hour ago, JediJosh said:

I actually think Dane won't be suiting up in Eternals yet but that Marvel is playing the long game. In every leaked setpicture he's in Kit Harington is wearing normal civilian clothes and at last years D23 Feige announced him as Dane Whitman, not Black Knight. I know Whitman is Black Knight in the comics but if we'll actually see him suit up I'm sure they would've just referred to him as Black Knight during that announcement.

27 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I am not crazy about the price/piece ratio in the celestial set..I wonder if the light brick jacked up the price?

It has been said many times before but take in mind the listed prices are all in CAD

28 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I am not crazy about the price/piece ratio in the celestial set..I wonder if the light brick jacked up the price?

Remember the prices are all in Canadian dollars not USD. Considering that the price to part ratio for the sets are pretty amazing

Also, is Kro’s head the Bionicle shoulder piece?

Edited by HarryVader

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I actually think Dane won't be suiting up in Eternals yet but that Marvel is playing the long game. In every leaked setpicture he's in Kit Harington is wearing normal civilian clothes and at last years D23 Feige announced him as Dane Whitman, not Black Knight. I know Whitman is Black Knight in the comics but if we'll actually see him suit up I'm sure they would've just referred to him as Black Knight during that announcement.

It has been said many times before but take in mind the listed prices are all in CAD

I missed that, I am not glued to this forum every second. Still, that is gross for Canadians to pay 

18 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Also, is Kro’s head the Bionicle shoulder piece?

The neck makes it look like a brand new mold to me