Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, PRbrickbuilder said:

Wow, what a surprise! A marvel wave full of legprinting, with mechs, creatures and no fire extinguishers. But seriously, an interesting wave indeed!

I wouldn't give up on the fire extinguishers yet. They might be in the Domo's interior :wink::tongue:

Look at the settings in this movie. We've got a magical forest-like setting and a place that looks like the palace in Aladdin? I think we're in for a pleasant surprise with this movie. I still believe Eternals will be one of the best films of Phase 4 just like how Guardians was one of the bests in Phase 2. 

Edited by HarryVader

4 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Maybe they consider it a spoiler for the movie so might be released in a spoiler set later? Or heck, maybe he doesn't even suit up as Black Knight in the movie and they just set it up for his next appearance. Regardless I have no doubt we'll eventually get a figure of him because he has to join the Avengers in phase 4.

Him and Sersi are the only ones I feel like will join the Avengers one day, especially if the Skrulls and Kree are in the MCU is going forward. An Operation Galactic Storm type of event would be so great with them included.

As for these sets, I echo everyone else's sentiments of WOW. What a surprise this was and it actually made me excited for the movie. Every figure looks great even in the cheap sets. And a Celestial build :wub: While he looks accurate to the movie's art we've seen so far, I can definitely see people bulking him up to be more comic accurate and even color swapping him to make some other Celestials.

I can easily see Lego reusing that Celestial build for future Sentinel designs in an X-Men set, and even if they don't, it'll definitely be something I'll be doing since it'll tower over minifigures with its 30 cm height.

I'm pleased to see all of the figures aside from Sprite have leg printing. That's something they easily could've skimped on but didn't. 

I'm glad that LEGO was willing to put in extra effort for the Eternals sets.  If the Shang-Chi and Spider-Man 3 sets have comparable levels of detail, then 2021 will be an excellent year for LEGO Marvel.

5 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

I'm pleased to see all of the figures aside from Sprite have leg printing. That's something they easily could've skimped on but didn't. 

It sorta looks to me like the one guy in black in the Dorito ship doesn’t, but his legs are mostly obscured so I could be wrong. But with everyone else, that’s awesome!

Woah! A Celestial is all I wanted from the Eternals wave, and it looks like we're getting one! And it looks great! The deviants look kinda like worse mixels but the Celestial doesn't, it looks really good! The big triangle is also nice, very Jack Kirby. 

Also the hairpiece on the Eternal that's reusing MJ's head looks like Valkyrie's, and will probably be reused for her inevitable Thor 4 figure.

I found the original source of the pictures and asked him what else was in that catalogue but this is it for Marvel. The other sets have already been revealed.

34 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

It sorta looks to me like the one guy in black in the Dorito ship doesn’t, but his legs are mostly obscured so I could be wrong. But with everyone else, that’s awesome!

You really have to zoom in and squint to see it but all characters except for Sprite have legprinting

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I found the original source of the pictures and asked him what else was in that catalogue but this is it for Marvel. The other sets have already been revealed.

You really have to zoom in and squint to see it but all characters except for Sprite have legprinting

damn, lego marvel movies really are gonna have the best sets in 2021 huh?

The monster builds are neat, but honestly should have been an independent theme of Mixel inspired builds for cheap, I can see why people might army build them if that was the case. Other than the monsters, none of the sets really appeal. It feels kinda like a system version of Hero Factory: Invasion From Below - just with incredibly overpowered characters/figures rather than justifying it with giving them mech suits or something. Like, I know each of these characters is overpowered as all heck, but it still would have been nice seeing something more in the sets. For those unfamiliar each of the hero characters is effectively Superman in terms of power scale with

Though it is appreciated we got more detail for the figures, It's a shame the detail has been give. Thought I'd like the Celestial build, but they chosen Arishem? WHY. The pricing is a potential yikes for the mech, will be interesting seeing what happens - especially with the mech. The movie design being so gangle makes for a rather weird build and the helmet is randomly Eson's instead despite Eson being a much bulkier Celestial.

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

People need to remember we are working with Lego sets that were likely produced and planned for the original release dates.

• Eternals was originally scheduled for November 6, 2020 and then February 12 2021, then November 2021. We are seeing the sets now based on the second release date.
  • Shang Chi was originally scheduled for February 12, 2021, then shifted to May 7 2021, now July 2021. We could get sets released around May, so it'd make sense for them not to be in the catalogue until nearing the middle of the year.
  • Spider-man 3 (2.0) was originally scheduled for July 16, 2021, then shifted to November 2021, now December 2021. It's possible that we see or have some of the sets released in July, but chances are they have been pushed back to around November as per the second stated release date.

I have a feeling there might be something more going on with Arishem (but still wouldn't justify the crazy price/piece ratio) - there's 2 opalescent clear-looking disks at his feet, not sure if they're dish pieces or thin plastic vinyl. 

I tried my best to identify all of the faces:

Sprite - Hermione
Ikaris - young Han Solo
Makkari - MJ
Thena - Mantis
Gilgamesh - clone trooper?
Kingo - looks new
Ajak - Cho Chang?
Phastos - looks new
Druig - Draco Malfoy? 
Sersi - having a hard time with this one but it could be Qi'ra/Captain Marvel

10 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

People need to remember we are working with Lego sets that were likely produced and planned for the original release dates.

• Eternals was originally scheduled for November 6, 2020 and then February 12 2021, then November 2021. We are seeing the sets now based on the second release date.
  • Shang Chi was originally scheduled for February 12, 2021, then shifted to May 7 2021, now July 2021. We could get sets released around May, so it'd make sense for them not to be in the catalogue until nearing the middle of the year.
  • Spider-man 3 (2.0) was originally scheduled for July 16, 2021, then shifted to November 2021, now December 2021. It's possible that we see or have some of the sets released in July, but chances are they have been pushed back to around November as per the second stated release date.

I'm fully aware of that. If I wasn't I wouldn't have pointed that out myself a mere 2 hours ago :wink:

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm fully aware of that. If I wasn't I wouldn't have pointed that out myself a mere 2 hours ago :wink:

Ah, must have missed it with the hype :p Just bounced off your comment as a way of explaining when to expect the sets, not intended as a directional thingy :p

19 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

The monster builds are neat, but honestly should have been an independent theme of Mixel inspired builds for cheap, I can see why people might army build them if that was the case.

Thought I'd like the Celestial build, but they chosen Arishem? WHY.

If they cut out the Deviants from the set, they wouldn't have any enemies to fight. And they probably chose Arishem because he has a significant role in the film

17 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I tried my best to identify all of the faces:

Sprite - Hermione
Ikaris - young Han Solo
Makkari - MJ
Thena - Mantis
Gilgamesh - clone trooper?
Kingo - looks new
Ajak - Cho Chang?
Phastos - looks new
Druig - Draco Malfoy? 
Sersi - having a hard time with this one but it could be Qi'ra/Captain Marvel

I believe Sersi is actually the Tina Goldsten headpiece (which is a horrible choice for Gemma Chan). Otherwise I think you nailed it!

Just now, Wonkyeye1 said:

I believe Sersi is actually the Tina Goldsten headpiece (which is a horrible choice for Gemma Chan). Otherwise I think you nailed it!

I thought about that as well but Tina has a smile and a scowl/prune (idk how to describe it) while Sersi looks to have a smile and more of a neutral face. She was definetely the hardest one though so I'm still not entirely sure which head it is. 

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I thought about that as well but Tina has a smile and a scowl/prune (idk how to describe it) while Sersi looks to have a smile and more of a neutral face. She was definetely the hardest one though so I'm still not entirely sure which head it is. 

There are better images out. You're right about Cho Chang for Ajak, but I can't make out Sersi. The newer image of the Arishem set makes it look like Tina's head, but I still can't tell

Also the description for the Dorito Ship says the humanoid Deviant is the leader, and while it doesn't say his name, it's gotta be Kro. I called it.

i know nothing about eternals all i know is ill get all 4 sets  and wow theres like 9 eternals altogether i guess then 1 or 2 betray the rest and become a villain, i like how you get 5 different deviants in the 4 sets

Edited by thekeeperofthereaper

I don’t know anything about the Eternals either, but these sets look pretty neat! I’ll probably wait to decide if I’m getting any of these but the quality here is much better than the typical Marvel sets. Tons of nice figures with good looking builds for reasonable prices? Count me in!

It’s also interesting to note thar the smallest set is $12.99. We don’t get too many sets at that price point anymore, certainly not any licensed ones. I’m excited to see what other MCU sets we’ll be getting next year!

I don't know if it's because we didn't get any good Marvel sets since April 2019 or not, buttons is definitely one of my favourite Marvel waves of all time, if not my favourite. Every set is literally perfect, and I love the consistency. All of them include brickbuilt Deviants, with two of them including 2 builds for Eternals'. Minifgures are only Eteranks and it's perfect how consistent they also are (not getting Black Knight is a bummer tho).

I love all of the Deviants, every single one of them. They are all very unique, my favourite one being the one from 20€ set. It's awesome to see that Kro (the leader) has a new mould for his head.

Arishem is literal perfection. The set with him might be one of my favourite Marvel sets of all time. It also has the best minifgures (it literally has all the Eternals I'm most excited to see).

Eternals' ship is also incredible. We've never got anything like this in Lego.

To sum up, these are perfect. I don't have a single nitpick except for Black Knight missing. I love the fact that every set has an exclusive (or exclusive) Eternal (or Eternals). I'll buy either Arishem set or two smaller sets, probably the latter tho.

Man I have to goon social media more often I just checked the sets out a second ago. And they are AWESOME! I’m definitely getting all of them. Now for my analysis. 

the smallest set is ok I mean it looks like it will be cheap so I don’t mind. The deviant build is pretty cool and the figs are great ikaris look awesome and sprite is pretty good too. I’d rate this on a scale of one to ten a 6.

The second smallest one has a cool deviant build I guess. I mean don’t get me wrong it looks great but I feel like it’s just a more expensive version of the first one. But idk ?‍♂️. The figs are great. The gauntlet prices are I think existing prices but I have never seen them before. I’d rate this set a 5 and that’s just because I wish it was a different build.

the celestial set is my favorite. I love the light brick in its chest and it’s a great scale for displaying. The figures are great and than name arishams shadow gives me chills. Definitely rate it an 8.

Now on to the big dorito. The space ship is pretty nice I love the figures. And the more humanoid deviant has to be kro it looks almost exactly like the marvel legends figure. I’m no sure if the kro thing has been confirmed so yeah. The spaceship is cool I can’t wait for better pictures to see the inside and the extra deviant is ok. I rate this a 9.

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Thought I'd like the Celestial build, but they chosen Arishem? WHY.

Why wouldn't they choose him? He's pretty much the Celestial leader.