Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I hope the d2c is a location build and not a vehicle.

DC got the retro batcave, the joker mansion and several arkham sets but marvel has had none.

Although if by some miracle the d2c is the blackbird/x-jet I will take that...

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

I hope the d2c is a location build and not a vehicle.

DC got the retro batcave, the joker mansion and several arkham sets but marvel has had none.

Although if by some miracle the d2c is the blackbird/x-jet I will take that...

If we do get a D2C - it would most likely be Doctor Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum given Doctor Strange 2 was originally meant to release on May 7th 2021 and is the aspect that apparently ties together the multiverse plotlines. The alternative would be something based on a previous film, such as the Quinjet, Avengers Tower, Avengers Compound or even a redesigned version of the Helicarrier.

On 12/19/2020 at 2:23 PM, HarryVader said:

Also, I don’t think Scarlet Witch and Wong are showing up in Spider-Man 3??? 

Doctor Strange is confirmed as Peter's mentor figure in Spider-man 3 - as such I expect Wong to have a role to play (probably something similar to Happy Hogan in Far From Home). Given all this multiverse stuff apparently starts with Scarlet Witch in WandaVision and Doctor Strange 2 serves as a partial continuation of Spider-man 3, I expect Scarlet Witch to have a role in Spider-man 3, even if it is only a minor role. It'd also capitalise on the WandaVision show, ofcourse that was before the delays. Generally was thinking the Spider-man 3 sets would each have at least a member of the heroes VS a member of the Sinister Six (If that's what they are going for). We probably won't see the sets until late 2021 though, even given the initial July release of the movie and the Lego sets presumably being pushed back for either a late 2021 or early 2022 release. Otherwise we'd have the sets intentionally getting released in the middle of the year for a movie we may not see till December at the earliest.

Edited by Scarilian

10 hours ago, cosmic said:

Cautiously excited about the D2C. Is there any difference between a D2C and. USC set? 

D2C's are sets only sold by LEGO themselves (and other retailers eventually but that takes a while). UCS sets are D2Cs most of the time but what makes them different is that they're always Star Wars. 

Your comment also made me curious as to how many characters we're still missing from the films LEGO covered so I put together this list. Few things to note: films LEGO didn't cover are not included, minions/armies aren't counted, SDCC figures aren't counted, these are just characters so no costumes (although there are many costumes we're obviously dying to get), if a character appears in multiple movies it'll be listed by the first movie he/she appears in that was also covered by LEGO, wether or not a character is on the list depends on how much of a role said character has in the MCU or his/her respective film. 
Avengers - Erik Selvig, The Other, Agent Sitwell, Stan Lee 
Iron Man 3 - Harley Keener
Guardians of the Galaxy - Korath, The Collector, Kraglin
Age of Ultron - Peggy Carter, Heimdall
Ant-Man - Hank Pym, Luis, Cassie Lang, Howard Stark
Civil War - Helmut Zemo, Thaddeus Ross, Everett Ross, May Parker, Ayo
Doctor Strange - Kaecilius
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - Ego
Spider-Man: Homecoming - Liz Toomes, Flash Thompson, Betty Brant, Mr Harington, Tinkerer
Thor: Ragnarok - Odin, Skurge/Executioner, Volstagg, Fandral, Hogun, Surtur, Korg, Miek
Black Panther - M'Baku, W'Kabi, Queen Ramonda, Zuri
Infinity War - Eitri(?)
Ant-Man & the Wasp - Janet van Dyne, Jimmy Woo
Captain Marvel - Yon Rogg, Supreme Intelligence, Maria Rambeau, Minn-Erva, Att-Lass, Bron-Char, Soren
Endgame - Frigga, Jane Foster, Alexander Pierce, Morgan Stark
Spider-Man: Far From Home - Brad Davis, Dimitri, J. Jonah Jameson

Pretty sure that's most if not all of them. 

Hello all general question. I am currently trying to replicate the wings from 76167 for rescue. When going through rescue’s inventory I notice her body is described as red while the color swaps I made for Iron Mans wings in Bright Red seem to match her print. What color would you guys describe rescues suit as? 

i’m currently trying to find piece 6177507 in the correct color for rescue and despite her being described as red I think the bright red would work well for her. Thoughts on her technical color?

Some more Eternals merch leaked: 
- A shirt with Ikaris and Sersi 
- Better looks at the Marvel Legends figures that leaked a while back (Ikaris, Kingo, Sprite, Druig, Phastos, Sersi and Makkari)

Can't wait to see LEGO's take on these characters!

On 12/27/2020 at 2:48 AM, Scarilian said:

If we do get a D2C - it would most likely be Doctor Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum given Doctor Strange 2 was originally meant to release on May 7th 2021 and is the aspect that apparently ties together the multiverse plotlines. The alternative would be something based on a previous film, such as the Quinjet, Avengers Tower, Avengers Compound or even a redesigned version of the Helicarrier.

Doctor Strange is confirmed as Peter's mentor figure in Spider-man 3 - as such I expect Wong to have a role to play (probably something similar to Happy Hogan in Far From Home). Given all this multiverse stuff apparently starts with Scarlet Witch in WandaVision and Doctor Strange 2 serves as a partial continuation of Spider-man 3, I expect Scarlet Witch to have a role in Spider-man 3, even if it is only a minor role. It'd also capitalise on the WandaVision show, ofcourse that was before the delays. Generally was thinking the Spider-man 3 sets would each have at least a member of the heroes VS a member of the Sinister Six (If that's what they are going for). We probably won't see the sets until late 2021 though, even given the initial July release of the movie and the Lego sets presumably being pushed back for either a late 2021 or early 2022 release. Otherwise we'd have the sets intentionally getting released in the middle of the year for a movie we may not see till December at the earliest.

considering WW1984 got pushed back with the set based on it coming out earlier anyway, I hope the same thing happens with SM 3

8 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

considering WW1984 got pushed back with the set based on it coming out earlier anyway, I hope the same thing happens with SM 3

When WW84 got delayed the set was already well into production, same for the Black Widow set. If those 2 sets hadn't entered the production stage yet by the time their respective movies were delayed they would've gotten delayed as well. 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

When WW84 got delayed the set was already well into production, same for the Black Widow set. If those 2 sets hadn't entered the production stage yet by the time their respective movies were delayed they would've gotten delayed as well. 

you think lego has actually designed the SM 3 sets yet? Like imagine someone working on them rn 

4 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

you think lego has actually designed the SM 3 sets yet? Like imagine someone working on them rn 

Designing a LEGO set generally takes 1.5 year so yes, they are most likely already working on them. 

1 hour ago, TOTDForever said:

I hope they didn’t. Jamie Foxx as Electro, Alfred Molina as Doc Ock and Tobey as Spider-Man seem to be recently confirmed. 

20 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

I hope they didn’t. Jamie Foxx as Electro, Alfred Molina as Doc Ock and Tobey as Spider-Man seem to be recently confirmed. 

they've been working on the script for a while prior to it actually being filmed, it is just the merchandise companies that have to get their stuff together 

3 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

Considering when they were originally supposed to be released, they are well into the design process for what they have planned

2 hours ago, HarryVader said:

Just because it has been confirmed to the public recently doesn’t mean merchandise companies didn’t know much earlier. If let’s say talks don’t work out, it’s very easy to switch figures out

I was afraid because I heard that Tobey was recently signed on to be in the movie. But yeah, I agree. They most likely had a script done a long time ago, and Lego probably already knows what will happen in the film, which is exciting. Fingers crossed for all 3 Spider-Man and the Sinister Six

11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Designing a LEGO set generally takes 1.5 year so yes, they are most likely already working on them. 

It's hard to imagine that it takes 1.5 years to design "spider-jet vs venom" :grin:

4 hours ago, RobbieHxC said:

It's hard to imagine that it takes 1.5 years to design "spider-jet vs venom" :grin:

It‘s not the designing phase itself that takes that long, 1-1.5 years is the whole process between the inception of a set and the time it hits shelves :wink: This includes designing, testing, quality control, and production. Of course, the 1-year estimate is just a rule of thumb and the process varies between sets. A set like the Spider-jet obviously required less development time than a D2C set :tongue:

The Spider-jet at least survived the testing phase unscathed, so the target audience must’ve liked it well enough :shrug_oh_well:

13 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Considering when they were originally supposed to be released, they are well into the design process for what they have planned

Just because it has been confirmed to the public recently doesn’t mean merchandise companies didn’t know much earlier. If let’s say talks don’t work out, it’s very easy to switch figures out

it would be awesome if they released on the original schedule, but realistically I think these SM 3 sets will be an September/October/November release 

4 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

it would be awesome if they released on the original schedule, but realistically I think these SM 3 sets will be an September/October/November release 

The original schedule is definetely not happening, if that were the case we would've gotten Eternals months ago and the release of the Shang Chi sets would almost be upon us.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

The original schedule is definetely not happening, if that were the case we would've gotten Eternals months ago and the release of the Shang Chi sets would almost be upon us.

fair point. Fall 2021 it is 

Edited by TOTDForever

It sounds very cliche but I actually have tears in my eyes right now. Never did I expect these sets to be this good! They're perfect :cry_happy:

Looks like most figures have new legprints so that's fantastic. The builds in these sets are beautifull, I love them to death!