Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

It's a bit early for details, even if the release date of the movie was moved. Probably just got confirmation on amount of sets if I had to guess.

I think people misunderstand what a multiverse means for the story. The villains might be from different multiverse, not necessarily from the Raimi or Webb verse - I also expect that some might be from the Watts verse. The actor potentially being cast does not necessarily mean that the character is the same one. The costume and design, thus the figure, might alter wildly.

I think most likely the MCU will be going for the original Sinister Six comprised of;

• Doctor Octopus (Possibly the Raimi version)
  • Electro (Not the Webb verse)
  • Mysterio (Set-up in Far From Home)
  • Vulture (Set-up in Homecoming)
  • Sandman (Possibly the Raimi version)
  • Kraven (Sony intend to do a Spin-off focused around the character, but he could be introduced here first)

Morbius or Scorpion could be swapped to replace Kraven if they want to stick to the team as much as possible.

Alternatively we are getting the villains of the MCU Sinister Six comprised of;

• Doctor Octopus (Possibly the Raimi version)
  • Electro (Not the Webb verse)
  • Scorpion (Set-up in Homecoming)
  • Vulture (Set-up in Homecoming)
  • Mysterio (Set-up in Far From Home)
  • Shocker (Set-up in Homecoming)

you know well that we will all be excited for these actors to appear regardless if they are playing the original versions of their characters lol. But why wouldn't they play their original versions? It makes no sense otherwise and it is so simple. Also imagine if we get more than 3 sets for this movie, that would be insane 

Edited by TOTDForever

pics of the spider lair just released on Lego.com. The suits looks great, and it looks a little better than the leaks, but I'm probably just gonna bricklink the two new suits.

What is interesting is that the description mentions a PlayStation included. Does anyone see the console? I'm guessing when they said that they just meant the screen showing him playing Spiderman ps4. Still a cool inclusion, just curious if there is an actual console

Also kinda disappointed there is no microfig. It seems like there is one on one of the screens, but I cant see the piece anywhere. as a collector of those I was really hoping for a new one 

Edited by Surge

22 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

Also imagine if we get more than 3 sets for this movie, that would be insane 

A large number of sets doesn't mean it'll be great though, just look at the Endgame sets :sceptic:

1 minute ago, Surge said:

What is interesting is that the description mentions a PlayStation included. Does anyone see the console? I'm guessing when they said that they just meant the screen showing him playing Spiderman ps4. Still a cool inclusion, just curious if there is an actual console

The CMF controller is included as well

3 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Is it just me or we can see the Bombastic Bagman's suit on the screen?

I was just about to say that lol

45 minutes ago, Surge said:

pics of the spider lair just released on Lego.com. The suits looks great, and it looks a little better than the leaks, but I'm probably just gonna bricklink the two new suits.

38 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

The clips and hinges in the racks and the studs on top for stacking make me wonder if a cheaper expansion for the lair is is the plans for LEGO, just like the Hall armour one. Bombastic Bagman is a bit difficult to get because of the head mold (would be our chance to assemble the Fantastic Four, however), but I could see them releasing the Future Fundation suit in the expansion.

Just now, PRbrickbuilder said:

The clips and hinges in the racks and the studs on top for stacking make me wonder if a cheaper expansion for the lair is is the plans for LEGO, just like the Hall armour one. Bombastic Bagman is a bit difficult to get because of the head mold (would be our chance to assemble the Fantastic Four, however), but I could see them releasing the Future Fundation suit in the expansion.

Could just use the standard Minecraft head

2 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

you know well that we will all be excited for these actors to appear regardless if they are playing the original versions of their characters lol. But why wouldn't they play their original versions? It makes no sense otherwise and it is so simple. Also imagine if we get more than 3 sets for this movie, that would be insane 

I completely agree with you. It's definitely their original versions. Electro may change his appearance because he's pure energy the last time we saw him in TASM2. It's still the same Electro, but he just changed what he looks like. It makes no sense for them to be alternate versions of the characters. However, I can see the multiverse portal bringing them into the MCU prior to their deaths (Doc Ock for example can come into the MCU prior to his death in Spider-Man 2)

I actually like the Spider Lair quite a bit. Beautiful looking Green Goblin, and the HQ doesn't look bad as a display piece.

Edited by HarryVader

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Which makes this LEGOs first ever reference to any Fantastic Four related in a set. Unfortunately it means as much as Daredevil from the Sanctum Sanctorum or the Striker armour from the HoA

Also pretty sure that's the Spider Armour MK1 on the middle screen

8xzeu3j9t4y11.jpg

But guys, if they had included Bagman, we couldn't have gotten another Iron Spider repeat!

Surely they'll release a set this year with Daredevil, the Red Snapper Armor, and Bombastic Bagman as a culmination of all the sticker teases, right? Right? :look:

14 minutes ago, nintendude64 said:

But guys, if they had included Bagman, we couldn't have gotten another Iron Spider repeat!

Surely they'll release a set this year with Daredevil, the Red Snapper Armor, and Bombastic Bagman as a culmination of all the sticker teases, right? Right? :look:

Ik man :cry2: They pretty much have all the parts for those figs and we’ll still never get them unless they show up in the MCU. And even that isn’t a guarantee to figures (*ahem* Endgame, black and red Spidey, no Zemo or Kaecilius in Civil War or Dr. Strange sets) :hmpf_bad:

And if you ask Lego, I bet they’d say Iron Spider is exclusive because even though its the 2020 fig it has the Infinity War backpack arm build, so therefore it can’t be the same :wacko:

1 hour ago, nintendude64 said:

No joking actually had a dream last night of an MCU legacy wave with Red Snapper

Photo inside spoiler

Spoiler
Lego Spider Man Lair: video game sticker screen

So I think Lego qualifies this as a PS4. A pretty cool screen, though still not worth it for a 70 dollar set. 

On the bright side, it turns out Instagram didn't completely lie to me because the Big Time suit has leg printing after all. 

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Hmmm

Hmmm. Wonder what that means. I think it means we might get more than 3 sets. Hope it's as good as Infinity War, just with more leg printing.

9 minutes ago, HRC said:

Photo inside spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

Lego Spider Man Lair: video game sticker screen

So I think Lego qualifies this as a PS4. A pretty cool screen, though still not worth it for a 70 dollar set. 

On the bright side, it turns out Instagram didn't completely lie to me because the Big Time suit has leg printing after all. 

Hmmm. Wonder what that means. I think it means we might get more than 3 sets. Hope it's as good as Infinity War, just with more leg printing.

If you think about it, there are no Avengers movies in the pipeline, so some other movie may have to take the spot of getting a full wave of six sets. Just a speculation, though.

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Which makes this LEGOs first ever reference to any Fantastic Four related in a set.

Technically second since we got Doctor Doom as a minifigure in 2013 (not really the greatest idea in hindsight since it took almost 10 years to get SOMETHING else F4 related with this Bagman tease).

But hinting at the Bagman suit, which was only used during the symbiote story in the comics, must mean that Lego knows there's a demand for the black suit...right? I just really need it, or at the very least a plain black Spider-Man head with white eyes, that's still the only exclusive piece the SDCC black suit has. 

Edited by MisterBatfleck

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

A large number of sets doesn't mean it'll be great though, just look at the Endgame sets :sceptic:

The CMF controller is included as well

movie based Spider-Man sets are my favorite lego sets period, they've never disappointed me. ever. lol

1 hour ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

If you think about it, there are no Avengers movies in the pipeline, so some other movie may have to take the spot of getting a full wave of six sets. Just a speculation, though.

cough cough SM3 cough cough 

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Hmmm

HUH ?

I’ve been off of Eurobricks for a while, and I’ve really missed everyone’s theories about upcoming sets! The spider lair looks good in the HD images although still too expensive and we really didn’t need another Iron Spider. I love the little references to the PS4 game, Fantastic Four suit, and the Daily Bugle! 

Regarding Holland’s third movie, a scooper has confirmed that all of the villains will have new designs. I hope that we get more than 3 sets because then we have a better chance of getting as many new minifigures as possible. I definitely want to see a figure of Emma Stone’s Gwen Stacy and easily obtainable Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire Spider-Man figures! 

Is there any more information about the Super Heroes D2C set next year? Do we know when it releases? I almost forgot it existed! 

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Venoms new ''sword'' pieces will eventually be reused for Gorr the God Butcher

8 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Is there any more information about the Super Heroes D2C set next year? Do we know when it releases? I almost forgot it existed! 

Just setnumbers and prices but we don't know what's DC and what's Marvel. Most notable thing is the $300 D2C coming out in 1HY which is most likely Marvel (though my source hasn't been able to confirm that yet)

to clear up some confusion, only **some** of the returning villains will have new designs. Included in that is Electro so far. Hopefully the minifigs follow suite

Hey just so everyone knows, I saw something saying Sony may have made 4 fake scripts to prevent scoopers from getting all the correct info on Spider-Man 3 out.

33 minutes ago, SuperGrover said:

Hey just so everyone knows, I saw something saying Sony may have made 4 fake scripts to prevent scoopers from getting all the correct info on Spider-Man 3 out.

who is the source? there are a lot of wannabe "scoopers" out there 

54 minutes ago, SuperGrover said:

Not scoopers. Tom Holland :pir_tong2:

23 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

who is the source? there are a lot of wannabe "scoopers" out there 

Yeah I can’t find or remember where I saw it, so disregard it unless I end up finding the source.