Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Again I’ll say this. I expect lego to do Disney plus for marvel to be done in a non traditional way at the start. It will worry people but in the end will most likely be much better in the end 

Out of all of these I definitely didn’t expect armor wars. Finally Rhody has his time to shine. It will be pretty cool to get mechs when there actually needed.

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Again I’ll say this. I expect lego to do Disney plus for marvel to be done in a non traditional way at the start. It will worry people but in the end will most likely be much better in the end 

The “non traditional” part slightly concerns me. Does this mean that we’ll only get accessory packs? Or maybe Brickheadz?

Found a review for the Ghost Rider set on YouTube, dang it looks good. Poor guy got a misprinted Robbie though. Also for some reason he put one of the spiral effect pieces on the side of the car instead of one of the flames like it shows in the manual, looks terrible that way. I'm surprised by how much yellow and orange is in the interior of the build and underneath the car which helps sell the idea of the flames coming from the undercarriage of the car. Pretty cool.

Edit: The YouTube channel is John's Brix for anyone curious. He has reviews of some of the other 2021 Marvel sets too.

Edited by ToaDraco

10 hours ago, HRC said:

I was just replying to @cosmic. I'm not going after anyone.

You said you were inspired to go after Bjarke Lykke Madson and that you had already send an email to a graphic designer though :sceptic:

On 12/10/2020 at 5:48 PM, HRC said:

@cosmic (<-- Lego designer that built mediocre sets like the helicarrier, stark jet, and avengers compound) and contact him. I'm inspired to do this right now.

A couple of things. As others have mentioned I am not likely to criticize or shame someone’s work in the same breath I ask them for a favor. If I were to email any of these people I would simply ask for what I’d like as opposed to insulting what I didn’t. And finally I actually enjoy all 3 sets you used as an example of mediocre. For the price range I think the helicarrier pulled off what it could without raising the price (I was shocked some people were so harsh on it bc I assumed we all knew unless it’s $1000 we will never get an accurate helicarrier so we need to be okay with compromise). The avengers compound was actually one of the better endgame sets and I loved the Stark Jet from FFH. When I think mediocre superheroes sets my mind goes to the new spider base, the monster truck, the spider copter, the spider jet vs venom mech, the venom crawler, any other useless vehicle with redundant figures. 

MCU fans must be celebrating for these new series and the potential for new characters to come. I’m happy the cinematic fans have sets being released that speak to them. If only they could put the same effort into the comic sets.

If those rumors for a Marvel CMF in 2021 pan out that might be LEGO's way of giving us more of the new Disney+ characters and variants. There's no way we'll get a set for every show. 

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If those rumors for a Marvel CMF in 2021 pan out that might be LEGO's way of giving us more of the new Disney+ characters and variants. There's no way we'll get a set for every show. 

Excellent point! Not only are there A LOT of upcoming shows, some of them also don‘t have that many set opportunities from the looks of it. A CMF series would be perfect to fill in some of the gaps, at least as much as they could with only 12 slots :tongue: 

Moreover, that idea would also fit with what Falconfan has said :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

@cosmic Spider-copter? When did we get a Spider-copter?

Maybe they’re talking about the juniors one, or that one with Power Man and big fig Green Goblin.

1 hour ago, SuperGrover said:

Maybe they’re talking about the juniors one, or that one with Power Man and big fig Green Goblin.

I was referring to the 2015 set with big fig Green Goblin,  Power Man, and Mary Jane. 

Is the CMF series confirmed? I’m so excited for whatever they put out but hopefully it’s either 16-22 figures. I get that newer series only have 12 characters but they better up that for marvel. Also understand how profitable the MCU is but I would naturally love at least a few comic inspired outfits. Can’t wait!

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Excellent point! Not only are there A LOT of upcoming shows, some of them also don‘t have that many set opportunities from the looks of it. A CMF series would be perfect to fill in some of the gaps, at least as much as they could with only 12 slots :tongue: 

Moreover, that idea would also fit with what Falconfan has said :thumbup:

I’ll say I wasn’t referring to cmf with my comment. I see a cmf as filling a lot of missing mcu gaps. Think about how they announce the potential air dates for the show for Disney plus

Edited by Falconfan1414

3 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I’ll say I wasn’t referring to cmf with my comment. I see a cmf as filling a lot of missing mcu gaps. Think about how they announce the potential air dates for the show for Disney plus

Ok so I'm stumped. The pic of Tanker Truck takedown in your story is just making me even more curious.

Anyone able to connect the dots? :snicker:

I may be the only person on this planet who doesn’t want the Disney+ figures to be just parts of a CMF. I still want sets and I think even an accessory pack would be better. Putting D+ figures in a cmf series not only makes them harder to get (since you have to feel the packs for your favorite characters, and more popular characters will be very hard to own), but they’re also not ideal if you want to keep a set or two unopened, which I tend to do sometimes.

1 minute ago, nintendude64 said:

Ok so I'm stumped. The pic of Tanker Truck takedown in your story is just making me even more curious.

Anyone able to connect the dots? :snicker:

I’m not trying to over-interpret what Falconfan said, but I believe he’s implying that like the Mandalorian sets and Tanker Truck takedown, the D+ Marvel sets won’t be revealed or released until after the shows are out. This is perhaps what he meant by non-traditional release since we’re so used to getting MCU sets before the movies.

Edited by HarryVader

Aha, if that's the case, that makes complete sense. I don't know why anyone would expect sets to come out before the shows, that seems to go completely against the merchandising route they're taking.

I would much prefer them to come out afterwards anyways, it would definitely benefit accuracy.

As for the CMF, I don't entirely agree with them being hard to find, at least where I live, every series seems to be available in abundance. Maybe that's not the case everywhere, but I still think it's a good idea down the line.

17 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

someone knows something lol I really want Wandavision sets (or set)

3 minutes ago, nintendude64 said:

I would much prefer them to come out afterwards anyways, it would definitely benefit accuracy.

Agreed. I hope all MCU sets come after the release, show or movie. LEGO MCU sets have been criticized for either spoiling the movies or being inaccurate. I know it’s not possible to get movie sets after the release but it would make the sets so much better and avoid both problems.

8 hours ago, nintendude64 said:

Just in the interest of tempering expectations: sets coming out after the shows' releases won't necessarily be more accurate (especially if they only come out three to six months later). Tanker Truck Takedown was designed at the same time as the other Civil War sets; it was only released later because Marvel wanted to keep the design of the new Spider-Man suit under wraps as long as possible. (And even then, it wasn't quite right; the spider emblem was based on earlier concept art.) I suspect the Hulk Helicopter Rescue was a similar story with the inclusion of Hulk wearing the Nano Gauntlet. So if any sets based on Disney+ series come out 2HY 2021, I expect them to be just as concept art-based as if they launched before release, just containing elements that might have been considered spoilers if they had been.

4 hours ago, tafkatb said:

Just in the interest of tempering expectations: sets coming out after the shows' releases won't necessarily be more accurate (especially if they only come out three to six months later). Tanker Truck Takedown was designed at the same time as the other Civil War sets; it was only released later because Marvel wanted to keep the design of the new Spider-Man suit under wraps as long as possible. (And even then, it wasn't quite right; the spider emblem was based on earlier concept art.) I suspect the Hulk Helicopter Rescue was a similar story with the inclusion of Hulk wearing the Nano Gauntlet. So if any sets based on Disney+ series come out 2HY 2021, I expect them to be just as concept art-based as if they launched before release, just containing elements that might have been considered spoilers if they had been.

thats a given lol, no movie based lego set is ever 100% accurate. We just want any sets based off the D+ shows in general 

I haven’t been followed this thread closely so i am kinda behind to read ..

Anyways - I am hoping Marvel CMF would be based on comic-inspired figures, just like DC Comic Series. I love some classical figures like Batman, Wonder Woman, etc. 

I’m not sure about Disney+ and MCU figures in this CMF series? 

falconfan just posted a meme on his story claiming it'll be relevant again. (Han Solo saying: "it's true, all of it") I wonder if that is lego related or MCU related 

...Hopefully both lmao

Edited by TOTDForever

49 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I haven’t been followed this thread closely so i am kinda behind to read ..

Anyways - I am hoping Marvel CMF would be based on comic-inspired figures, just like DC Comic Series. I love some classical figures like Batman, Wonder Woman, etc. 

I’m not sure about Disney+ and MCU figures in this CMF series? 

Really don't want to start the MCU/comics discussion again but imo it's way more likely to be based on the MCU.

17 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

it's way more likely to be based on the MCU.

watch it be based on the SquareEnix game 

Just now, HarryVader said:

watch it be based on the SquareEnix game 

puts torch and pitchfork in the car for a quick trip to Billund

On 12/12/2020 at 4:00 AM, Guyon2002 said:

You said you were inspired to go after Bjarke Lykke Madson and that you had already send an email to a graphic designer though :sceptic:

I wrote (sarcasm) in the reply. I'm just talking about electronic messaging. I'm not "going after" anyone, which sounds like something a hitman would do. I'm frustrated that my opinion is being attacked. I'm trying to say my thoughts too, while responding to other people.