Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

35 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So you're saying that right now all confirmed / rumoured superheroes and supervillains in this movie are: Spider-Man (Tom Holland), Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield), Spider-Man (Tobey Maguire), Daredevil, Doctor Strange, Doc Ock (Alfred Molina) and Electro (Jamie Foxx)?! 

Hell, this wave's builds could consist entirely of mechs and I'd still buy every single set if minifigs are done right.

This movie has potential to make the best Lego Marvel wave yet.

most of these reoccurring roles will he cameos (confirmed today) so we can only hope for some of these characters as minfigs. Electro is a given since he is the main villain, maybe one of the other 2 Spider-Men, and possibly Daredevil if he is in the movie past the court scene 

36 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So you're saying that right now all confirmed / rumoured superheroes and supervillains in this movie are: Spider-Man (Tom Holland), Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield), Spider-Man (Tobey Maguire), Daredevil, Doctor Strange, Doc Ock (Alfred Molina) and Electro (Jamie Foxx)?! 

Hell, this wave's builds could consist entirely of mechs and I'd still buy every single set if minifigs are done right.

If LEGO doesn't capitalize on this film, somebody somewhere needs to be fired.

2 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

If LEGO doesn't capitalize on this film, somebody somewhere needs to be fired.

they have to in my eyes lol, the first 2 films had sets and without SM3 lego will have no other Spider-Man sets for 2021 besides the January/March wave

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Wait till they announce more info regarding Doctor Strange 2, but I agree. We’re potentially getting one of the best spiderman waves of all time

I will keep the pessimism to a minimum, but just remember that we would have said the same about Endgame.

I am cautiously optimistic though. The minifigure potential is outstanding.

58 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

most of these reoccurring roles will he cameos (confirmed today) so we can only hope for some of these characters as minfigs. Electro is a given since he is the main villain, maybe one of the other 2 Spider-Men, and possibly Daredevil if he is in the movie past the court scene 

Yeah it sounds like we might have gotten on the hype train way too early. Still, a chance that we might see some interesting minifigs.

Personally, I believe that:

-Doc Ock, Electro, and now the Green Goblins apparently (Dafoe and Dehaan) will most likely be playing MCU counterparts of their respective characters, or possibly alternate versions of their characters from alternate universes where they didn’t die at the end.
-I think Emma Stone could be playing a Spider Gwen from a new universe but I’m not too sure on that one, especially with her pregnancy.
-I’m not sure about Tobey and Andrew; they could just be a brief appearance or they may help Tom’s Spider-Man in the film’s climax before going back to their dimensions (this is where Kirsten Dunst and Tobey’s rumored child come into the picture.)
-Venom and Daredevil’s rumored appearances may be an indirect way to somewhat incorporate their respective movies/show into the MCU.

All in all, I think that all of these character appearances will be more of a tease for a live-action Spider Verse movie than being overly important to this one. If that comes to fruition, and if Lego capitalizes on the opportunity (which they didn’t with the animated counterpart), we can expect some amazing minifigures.

I think all we can expect as figures right now are:

-Tom’s Spider-Man obviously (hopefully wearing the dope red and black suit in at least one of the sets.)

-Electro

-Doctor Strange (because he’s the mentor figure in this movie and Spidey’s mentor figures in the last two movies were included in sets for those respective films; plus it lets Lego use the same figure as the MoM set(s).)

-This is more of a guess, but possibly J. Jonah Jameson depending on his role in this movie.

-Possibly Ned, MJ, Happy, and Aunt May, but those are probably the least likely.

2 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

Electro is not the main villain tho.

24 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Electro is not the main villain tho.

Kraven was never confirmed, and Electro has been said to have a prominent role. Look it up 

Super excited about the potential the LEGO sets might have but I must admit I'm getting a bit tired of all these 'announcements'. At the rate it's going there won't be any suprises left when the film comes out :def_shrug:

21 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Super excited about the potential the LEGO sets might have but I must admit I'm getting a bit tired of all these 'announcements'. At the rate it's going there won't be any suprises left when the film comes out :def_shrug:

I think there will still be surprises when we see the film. Look at Endgame, we knew there was time travel involved and we knew the Avengers who died in Infinity War will come back, but the way the movie executed these plot lines still surprised us. 

I think with what lego does with Spider Man 3 and Doctor Strange 2 will show just how different is Disney and Sony are in terms of marketing

36 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I think with what lego does with Spider Man 3 and Doctor Strange 2 will show just how different is Disney and Sony are in terms of marketing

in terms of what? Like what products are made for merchandise?

22 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

in terms of what? Like what products are made for merchandise?

Disney is often very secretive with their marketing. Sony is often know not to be 

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Disney is often very secretive with their marketing. Sony is often know not to be 

so that means we'd see lego news for the SM3 sets before the DS2 sets? (potentially speaking)

Also Tobey Maguire was just seen arriving at a costume fitting in LA

9 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

so that means we'd see lego news for the SM3 sets before the DS2 sets? (potentially speaking)

That would happen anyway as SM3 comes out a few months before DS2

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That would happen anyway as SM3 comes out a few months before DS2

So DS2 is a 2022 release? weird 

Just now, TOTDForever said:

So DS2 is a 2022 release? weird 

DS2 got pushed back to april 2022 way back in april of this year

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

DS2 got pushed back to april 2022 way back in april of this year

yikes, that is way later than I thought 

Imagine the Sinister Six being Kraven, Jake Gyllenhaal’s Mysterio, Michael Keaton’s Vulture, Alfred Molina’s Doc Ock, Jamie Foxx’s Electro, and Michael Mando’s Scorpion. We get these characters scattered throughout the sets with a repeat of whoever the leader of the group is (thus the film’s antagonist) and the 3 Spider-Men. Lego better not screw this wave up. 

Edited by HarryVader

1 hour ago, HarryVader said:

Imagine the Sinister Six being Kraven, Jake Gyllenhaal’s Mysterio, Michael Keaton’s Vulture, Alfred Molina’s Doc Ock, Jamie Foxx’s Electro, and Michael Mando’s Scorpion. We get these characters scattered throughout the sets with a repeat of whoever the leader of the group is (thus the film’s antagonist) and the 3 Spider-Men. Lego better not screw this wave up. 

3 sets focusing on 3 small scenes in the movies that happened to have a vehicle in it for more than 5 seconds. The biggest set will be Spider-Man piloting a helicopter with missile silos. The medium sized one will be Scorpion driving a car with missile silos. The small one will be Mary Jane on a motor cycle with missile silos ??

8 hours ago, nintendude64 said:

You're telling me we could finally get a minifig of Daredevil, and it would be Charlie Cox too?

... I think I need a moment. :cry_happy:

I highly doubt most of these rumours, but IF Daredevil is true, his appearance in a family friendly film should mean more toys can be made for him. So even if we don't get a Charlie Cox Daredevil minifigure, hopefully this means we're closer to getting a comic Daredevil

Getting a fig of Cox's Daredevil would be a dream come true but my guess is that we'll only see Matt (and maybe Foggy and Karen) as Peter's lawyer(s) in the whole identity reveal thing. I highly doubt we're actually gonna see Cox in full costume :shrug_oh_well:

Speaking of dreams...is anyone else kind of hoping that with Tobey seemingly returning, Lego can make a set or two based on Raimi's Spider-Man 3 as a little bonus? I don't know if Lego either lost the rights or wanted to discontinue the original Spider-Man line after the sets for Spider-Man 2 were done with, but this could be their second chance to finally complete the trilogy and make a few of the minifigures that everyone spent years making customs of to compensate for Mega Bloks getting the Marvel license. I'd do anything to finally get an official Raimi black suit minifigure instead of searching for custom decals of it online.

Edited by MisterBatfleck