Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

As much as some people might want comic variants, Lego wouldn't do it anytime soon. I think Lego wants to capitalize on the big-budget entertainment events that have the least licensing fees. I think choosing to make Square Enix sets was thinking "this is a video game, people like those, right?", and making a bunch of sets based on it and excepting to see their sales rise", instead of "do Marvel fans actually want this?". I agree with the general consensus that Lego isn't taking the full potential of the Marvel theme.

19 hours ago, nintendude64 said:

I agree. The D+ sets are delayed to prevent spoilers in merch, and even after the child was revealed, it took Lego 9 months to release the fig.

I'm sure we will get a set or more eventually, but like Falconfan said, it will take a lot of patience.

wait are we confirmed to get D+ sets? regardless of when they come out?

AaarrRGHhgH. They better eventually be a D+ lego set. or I'm not buying marvel anymore

I think the coolest characters from that Eternals wave are Sersi, Ikaris, Kingo, and Druig. I can't wait to get minifigs of these 4. This is the wave where Lego needs to go all out with arm and leg printing. Also, I wouldn't worry about Thena and Whitman just yet. Lego usually makes more movie characters than Marvel Legends in the initial wave (ex: Lego made Quicksilver and Strucker). Also, I think Marvel wants to keep Whitman's appearance a secret, thus the lack of merchandise (remember the Celestials are also not in this wave but I'm pretty sure we'll get them in sets) 

1 minute ago, HarryVader said:

I think the coolest characters from that Eternals wave are Sersi, Ikaris, Kingo, and Druig. I can't wait to get minifigs of these 4. This is the wave where Lego needs to go all out with arm and leg printing. Also, I wouldn't worry about Thena and Whitman just yet. Lego usually makes more movie characters than Marvel Legends in the initial wave (ex: Lego made Quicksilver and Strucker). Also, I think Marvel wants to keep Whitman's appearance a secret, thus the lack of merchandise (remember the Celestials are also not in this wave but I'm pretty sure we'll get them in sets) 

Arm printing isn't necessary. It's a huge cast so I'd already be happy with legprints and some new faces 

How big of a role (if at all) do we think Thanos will play in the film? It'd be interesting to get young Thanos as a figure

1 hour ago, HarryVader said:

How big of a role (if at all) do we think Thanos will play in the film? It'd be interesting to get young Thanos as a figure

I highly doubt it'll be more than a cameo. Definetely nothing big enough to warrant a figure

I think that if Thanos is in the movie he could be a big role because he an eternal and thanos is the most popular marvel villain right now and they had planned to have young thanos in infinity war sooooo I don’t know

Dunno how much screen time all these various Spider-Verse characters are gonna have, but hopefully we'll get some updated minifigs out of it. An updated Doc Ock would be cool!

53 minutes ago, Felkin said:

Dunno how much screen time all these various Spider-Verse characters are gonna have, but hopefully we'll get some updated minifigs out of it. An updated Doc Ock would be cool!

For those who don't know, Alfred Molina was confirmed to join the cast of SM3 today, I am so excited for the lego sets (set?) based off this film. There is no way lego wouldn't capitalize on this movie especially since the first 2 movies in the MCU got sets.

27 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Oh boy we better get a remake of Molina's Doc Ock

Andrew Garfield and Kirsten Dunst have also officially been confirmed. The only 2 that are up in the air at this point are Tobey Maguire and Emma Stone (she is pregnant irl)

Do we know the total number of sets we’ll be getting for the entire year or are surprises possible? Is it just the Shang Chi sets now? Whats next years lineup looking like altogether?

6 hours ago, cosmic said:

Do we know the total number of sets we’ll be getting for the entire year or are surprises possible? Is it just the Shang Chi sets now? Whats next years lineup looking like altogether?

We don't. The info is out there but it's just setnumbers and prices with no way to see what is Marvel and what is DC. 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

We don't. The info is out there but it's just setnumbers and prices with no way to see what is Marvel and what is DC. 

I like falconfans speculation on the matter, it seems so plausible 

Just now, TOTDForever said:

I like falconfans speculation on the matter, it seems so plausible 

It's plausible but it can't be taken as fact. Without names or at the very least releasedates we can't do more than guess :shrug_oh_well:

This could also mean we get a new electro, and depending on what he looks like in the movie, could be more comic accurate, but all we know so far is that he won’t be blue.

So you're saying that right now all confirmed / rumoured superheroes and supervillains in this movie are: Spider-Man (Tom Holland), Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield), Spider-Man (Tobey Maguire), Daredevil, Doctor Strange, Doc Ock (Alfred Molina) and Electro (Jamie Foxx)?! 

Hell, this wave's builds could consist entirely of mechs and I'd still buy every single set if minifigs are done right.

This movie has potential to make the best Lego Marvel wave yet.