Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Ok so not a lot here is actually new those sets have actually been know since I put out the master list for the 1st half of this year. It is 76176 for $29.99 and 76177 for $39.99. But these sets are not listed on any order sheets which makes it seem like they are movie sets. The dates however would be taken with a grain of salt because while the set does have some dates right for release, they also have some dates wrong but however based on the mcu release schedule it would appear they might indeed be sets for Shang Chi

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Ok so not a lot here is actually new those sets have actually been know since I put out the master list for the 1st half of this year. It is 76176 for $29.99 and 76177 for $39.99. But these sets are not listed on any order sheets which makes it seem like they are movie sets. The dates however would be taken with a grain of salt because while the set does have some dates right for release, they also have some dates wrong but however based on the mcu release schedule it would appear they might indeed be sets for Shang Chi

I'd love multiple sets for this movie, especially since it is a relatively unknown marvel property (in reference to casual marvel fans)

1 hour ago, TOTDForever said:

I'd love multiple sets for this movie, especially since it is a relatively unknown marvel property (in reference to casual marvel fans)

I would love a brick-built Fin Fang Foom set. 

2 hours ago, HarryVader said:

Only if they have the brains to get one of the Ninjago designers to design it. I don't trust the Marvel designers to give us a proper FFF 

35 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Only if they have the brains to get one of the Ninjago designers to design it. I don't trust the Marvel designers to give us a proper FFF 

Not the person who designed Overlord dragon

3 hours ago, HarryVader said:

100%, I really want that. 2 decently sized Shang-Chi sets sounds great. With all the awesome characters rumored to appear in the movie, there's a ton of potential for great figures. I imagine one set will be Finn Fang Foom and the other will be a small arena with an overlook similar to what we've gotten from Ninjago for martial arts tournament stuff with a handful of cool figs. Hopefully FFF is the bigger set so they can make him decently sized. No side builds needed, just a big dragon and a bunch of minifigs to fight him.

1 minute ago, ToaDraco said:

Hopefully FFF is the bigger set so they can make him decently sized. No side builds needed, just a big dragon and a bunch of minifigs to fight him.

Can't help but feel like it's missing something. Something mechanical, something mech-y but I can't put my finger on it :sceptic:

We don’t know FFF’s exact size in the film yet, so maybe instead of being the main build, he’d be a side build or brick-built character like Steppenwolf

I’m also excited to get Shang-Chi in the sets. Licensed Asian heroes are so rare in Lego. 

On 11/21/2020 at 3:53 PM, Guyon2002 said:

I have no interest in these helmet sets so I for one am very happy they don't have figures :tongue:

I have no interest either. But why is it good that they don’t have figures? I would think  it would be better if Lego added a mini figure for the high price they are asking for.

On 11/23/2020 at 2:06 AM, Guyon2002 said:

They may exist but LEGO's designs are still made-up, they didn't base them on the comics or anything. 

I understand and agree. I was just saying that Lego is not going the most overboard they can go. Still are going overboard though, especially with the food truck.

5 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

I’m glad it might get multiple sets too, though I have never heard of Shang chi before. I am Chinese American, and I'm looking forward to see someone who looks like me in the MCU.

10 minutes ago, HRC said:

I have no interest either. But why is it good that they don’t have figures? I would think  it would be better if Lego added a mini figure for the high price they are asking for.

I guess its because (at least speaking for myself and maybe others can identify themselves) I have no interest on buying Helmets/heads, so including an exclusive figure would just make me bricklink the figure and not buy the set, which kinda defeats the purpose of including it there (Again, at least for me. People who like helmets/heads may disagree).

36 minutes ago, HRC said:

I am Chinese American, and I'm looking forward to see someone who looks like me in the MCU.

Me too. This film actually means so much to me

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Can't help but feel like it's missing something. Something mechanical, something mech-y but I can't put my finger on it :sceptic:

Ultimo? Now that'd pretty cool! I know you're probably making a joke about how mech-happy the LEGO Marvel team is but now I'm just thinking about how cool it would be if Ultimo shows up in the movie, I can't recall any rumors of it appearing in the film though. Imagine, in the climax of the film, FFF escapes and Mandarin uses Ultimo to try and stop him!

Edited by ToaDraco

6 hours ago, HRC said:

Because the amount of people who don't want the helmet but do want the included figure will significantly outweigh the number of people who buy the helmet and end up selling the fig. So in that scenario demand will be high and supply low, leading to high prices on Bricklink. 

The helmets look good but they're not for me so I'm happy I don't have to go through the hastle of getting those possible figures from Bricklink.

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

Ultimo? Now that'd pretty cool! I know you're probably making a joke about how mech-happy the LEGO Marvel team is but now I'm just thinking about how cool it would be if Ultimo shows up in the movie, I can't recall any rumors of it appearing in the film though. Imagine, in the climax of the film, FFF escapes and Mandarin uses Ultimo to try and stop him!

That would certainly be cool, only problem is that Ultimo has already appeared in the MCU through tie-in comics so idk how that would influence the chances of it appearing in a future movie. 

1000?cb=20160420215729

55 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That would certainly be cool, only problem is that Ultimo has already appeared in the MCU through tie-in comics so idk how that would influence the chances of it appearing in a future movie. 

I might be wrong about this, but didn’t the MCU films retcon / nullify stuff from tie-in material before? Movies will always outweigh tie-in comics, novels, and sometimes shows, so even if the MCU hasn’t done this before, I doubt the Shang-Chi writers sat together and said “we want to include Ultimo here, but too bad we can’t because he appeared in an obscure tie-in comic 53 people have read” :laugh:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

The helmets look good but they're not for me so I'm happy I don't have to go through the hastle of getting those possible figures from Bricklink.

Makes sense. Though I would buy the helmets if they were a reasonable price and included a figure.

5 hours ago, HRC said:

Makes sense. Though I would buy the helmets if they were a reasonable price and included a figure.

Me too. I think the helmets would have been perfect chances to give us exclusive figs, like Mark 3 in the Iron Man one

That new modular police station screams SpiderMan to me. With a better street light you can web up crooks to it. And in the news stand there has to be daily bugles of course

2 hours ago, Borex said:

That new modular police station screams SpiderMan to me. With a better street light you can web up crooks to it. And in the news stand there has to be daily bugles of course

Hey, you’re right. It does kind of look like the Daily Bugle from 2013, huh?

3 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

has it been revealed what quarter of next year that superheroes D2C comes out? Hopefully the first quarter 

I can't say for sure but it should be 1HY so it could be pretty much anywhere between january and june (my guess would be around april-june though)

Speaking of the D2C, I could be overly optimistic, but does anyone else think that the reason why LEGO refused to make more accurate Endgame sets is that the D2C is Endgame? It’s the only explanation for why LEGO didn’t cash in on the biggest movie of all time.

11 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Speaking of the D2C, I could be overly optimistic, but does anyone else think that the reason why LEGO refused to make more accurate Endgame sets is that the D2C is Endgame? It’s the only explanation for why LEGO didn’t cash in on the biggest movie of all time.

It's a $300 set so unless their goal is to piss off a large number of fans I doubt that's the case :tongue:

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's a $300 set so unless their goal is to piss off a large number of fans I doubt that's the case :tongue:

I just really don’t see how this set is NOT Endgame, or maybe like I said that’s just me being too optimistic

Edited by HarryVader

I really hope they do sets for the tv shows. I mean I feel like they could skip Wanda vision because idk what the build would be but also so they could see how the show turns out and how popular it is. But I want falcon and the winter soldier and Loki sets. 

I hope they will make 2 Shang chi sets at least and maybe one could be a garmadon mech sized Fing Fang Foom and then one could be an arena. It’s gonna be great to finally get an Asian super hero in the mcu.

Edited by Noobmaster69

I hope they do WandaVision sets. I would like a casual vision and Wanda.

Like Falconfan said earlier, the Shang Chi sets could be 30 and 40 dollars. I hope the sets are movie-accurate, that's all. Like a fight scene set and a location-based set.

Edited by HRC