Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

They’re really attached to this Carnage fig, huh? Wave is a 5/10 at best. Can’t really justify buying any of this. Ill just bricklink the figures like I have been with this theme for a while bow. Sigh. 

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

I'm referring to those being hyperbolic and saying the entire wave is trash and there's nothing new like, you know, a few posts up lol.

But you didn't refer to or say that :sceptic:.

7 minutes ago, Ultron said:

They’re really attached to this Carnage fig, huh?

And it's not even the amazing 2015 Carnage that had the arm printing which was based on the Earth-616 incarnation. We only ever got him in one set and ever since then Lego's been reusing the same 2018 Carnage that's based on the Ultimate version in two (about to be three) sets that feature Carnage as the villain. 

56 minutes ago, MisterBatfleck said:

And it's not even the amazing 2015 Carnage that had the arm printing which was based on the Earth-616 incarnation. We only ever got him in one set and ever since then Lego's been reusing the same 2018 Carnage that's based on the Ultimate version in two (about to be three) sets that feature Carnage as the villain. 

Yeah I'm glad I have that one  because it's by far the best, plus it had arm printing. It's crazy they only used that fig once and in such a cheap set.

As far as the Carnage head/helmet goes, it's such a strange, random choice that it seems the only reason they would make it is because of the Venom sequel. Even then it's still a bizarre choice 

Edited by ToaDraco

That torso of Doc Ock could be used for a custom Rogue maybe? Make sure to add brown hair and use some tipp-ex ;-)

Edited by Borex

6 hours ago, HRC said:

That's the one bad thing I realized about the set, other than the head.

Remember the iron man mech and how the figure was exclusive at the beginning? I'm waiting to buy the set until I can confirm it's exclusive.

but the Miles mech is 10$ - wont be cheaper than this.

11 hours ago, HRC said:

Yes! that's what I was saying earlier on this forum and others said it was the "single worst take I have ever read"

No, you literally said that kids dont like vill--

You know what, sure.

Interesting wave, looks like the highlights for me are the Miles Morales Mech and Ghost Rider sets, though the Monster Truck set has some awesome elements such as Mysterio (with green effects!), his drones, and Doc Ock. 

To throw my two pennies into the mix, I can’t say Lego’s obsession with Spider-vehicles is an appealing one. Of course, if it draws in the target demographics for this theme, then all the power to them - but having THIS many Spider-Man sets a year with very few locations for him to actually swing and parkour around is quite a shame. I’m sure that most fans associate Spidey with his stunts and acrobatics after all, rather than piloting or driving a plethora of vehicles a high-school student from Queens could only dream of. 

It’s also disappointing to see the same villains being redone time and time again (although this isn’t always a negative), but then again Lego really loves playing it safe with their Spider-Man sets.

Edited by T21Typhoon

15 hours ago, HRC said:

Yes! that's what I was saying earlier on this forum and others said it was the "single worst take I have ever read"

So far your point started as "kids don't like or want villains"/"kids are too dumb to remember villains so they won't buy them" (this was specifically what was referred to as the "worst take"), has since shifted to "kids do like villains but the Thanoscopter is a bad business decision", and has now arrived at what seems to be "toy companies think kids are dumb but they aren't". So not only has what you've been saying changed dramatically several times but you've also contradicted yourself at least twice. What is your actual point, because I'm very confused what you're trying to say and I'm sure I'm not the only one?

52 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Both the Miles and the Captain America mechs appear to have no stickers at all, that's good news.

I was afraid that Cap’s chest piece might be a sticker. This is fantastic news

Edited by HarryVader

14 hours ago, HRC said:

But you didn't refer to or say that :sceptic:.

It was literally the first line of my post.

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but when should we expect more info on the Carnage helmet and the D2C? 

Edited by HarryVader

I really like that they gave Gwen and Miles new web piece colors. I would have preferred yellow to light blue for Miles' webs since it would be more accurate, but it's cool that they at least acknowledged his venom strike!

Overall, for me this wave is just okay with a handful of great figures and a few good builds.

I really like the Big Time suit, new Mysterio, updated Gwen, and the Miles and Cap mechs.

I like the idea of the Spidey Hidey Hole, but it is WAY too expensive and I wish they cut out the random skateboarding and bike stuff to build out the lair more.

The monster truck is pretty dumb, but the drones are cool and I actually like the shape/colors of the truck a lot and I'm definitely going to MOD it so it looks like a regular box truck for my city. Doc Ock is pretty cool too, I like that he looks similar to the PS4 version.

I wish the charger was based on the new speed champions size rather than the old one because it's just too square for me. Reyes GR is cool and I don't hate the design but it could definitely be better.

15 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but when should be expect more info on the Carnage helmet and the D2C? 

If my information is correct it should be a 1HY set, which means it'll release in June at the latest. I personally won't expect to hear anything untill February/March but that's just a guess. 

To specify: I'm talking about the D2C :wink:

On 11/18/2020 at 5:16 PM, PRbrickbuilder said:

Strangely, 76174 name omitted Doc Ock from the title: Spider-Man's Monster Truck vs. Mysterio.

Unless Doc Ock is a hologram. Then it's only Spider Man Vs Mysterio... Wait is Gwen a hologram too?

On 11/18/2020 at 7:18 PM, Walter529a said:

Mm… That Scarlet Spider looking suit is called Peter Parker… Ok. And the stealth "Big Time"  Suit is called "Ultimate Spider-Man"… who comes up with these names? 

Well it looks more like the Homemade Suit than Scarlet Spider (although yes I know the MCU suit has the colours inverted). And at least in my own opinion, Big Time is the 'ultimate' Spider Man suit

23 hours ago, HarryVader said:

I hope the summer sets are good. I still have just a slight bit hope for either an accurate Endgame wave 2/MCU legacy wave or an Endgame D2C 

After the last few waves, I don't get how anyone can have hope for more Endgame or MCU Legacy sets

22 hours ago, RobbieHxC said:

Not a single new character in this wave! 

Technically Robbie Reyes is a new character, not the same as the Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider

33 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Well it looks more like the Homemade Suit than Scarlet Spider (although yes I know the MCU suit has the colours inverted). And at least in my own opinion, Big Time is the 'ultimate' Spider Man suit

Yeah I kinda get whay they were going for with "Peter Parker" Suit, but since the colors match exactly the Scarlet Spider and it has no logo on the front it loses all connections to the Homemade suit, at least Blazer and Tazer retained the original suits color distribution somewhat well, this one is just a combination that really doesn´t work IMO as a replacement of the Homemade suit. As for the Big Time suit, what do you mean in your opinion? it is the Big Time/Stealth Suit, do you mean by "Ultimate" the best Suit or some relation to the Comic, the Tv Show or Miles? (I really am curious)

Thsi wave is awful in terms of builds, pretty good in terms of sidebuilds and great in terms of minifgures.

I love Cap's and Miles' mechs (as much as one can love a Marvel mech), Thor's is... fine, I guess (except that joke of a cape). Robbie's car is pretty good, except for those awful stud shooters. Monster truck and lair are terrible. 

The minifgures are great tho. Spider-Man, Miles, Cap, Mysterio, Doc Ock and Big Time Spidey (but seriously, why is he named "Ultimate Spider-Man" on the box tho) are the standouts. I also love new web colours (translucent and trans-blue).

4+ sets are actually pretty good in terms of builds, they are great as 4+ sets. Minifigures in Spidey one are good, in Avengers one... not as good.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

1 hour ago, Walter529a said:

it is the Big Time/Stealth Suit, do you mean by "Ultimate" the best Suit or some relation to the Comic, the Tv Show or Miles? (I really am curious)

''Ultimate'' Spider-Man is what LEGO calls it on the box

52 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

''Ultimate'' Spider-Man is what LEGO calls it on the box

Yeah, I know, my first comment about it noted that, (Big Time being called Ultimate). 

3 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

And at least in my own opinion, Big Time is the 'ultimate' Spider Man suit

What confused me is why he reaffirmed what I had said before as an opinion. Since its what I said but it sounds like its a different Opinion/Argument...

Sorry if it seems a little excesive, I´m really curious what he meant...

5 hours ago, Walter529a said:

Yeah I kinda get whay they were going for with "Peter Parker" Suit, but since the colors match exactly the Scarlet Spider and it has no logo on the front it loses all connections to the Homemade suit, at least Blazer and Tazer retained the original suits color distribution somewhat well, this one is just a combination that really doesn´t work IMO as a replacement of the Homemade suit. As for the Big Time suit, what do you mean in your opinion? it is the Big Time/Stealth Suit, do you mean by "Ultimate" the best Suit or some relation to the Comic, the Tv Show or Miles? (I really am curious)

I just meant that it's my favourite suit, so I'd use ultimate as a synonym of best

2 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I just meant that it's my favourite suit, so I'd use ultimate as a synonym of best

Ohhh....Ok that´s what you meant, thanks for clarifying it for me :)

2 hours ago, Walter529a said:

Ohhh....Ok that´s what you meant, thanks for clarifying it for me :)

No worries. If they weren't going to go with Big Time, I'm more surprised they didn't call it Stealth Suit, Funko called it Stealth Suit

Amazon just revealed some Halloween costumes for Venom and Carnage from Venom 2, and both look surprisingly comic-accurate. I’m slightly more excited about the film now. 

Does anyone else think that we may get a set or two based on Venom 2? If the rumors are true that the Carnage helmet is based on the film, then it wouldn’t make sense for Lego to miss out on producing a set featuring the movie Venom and Carnage, since they seem to be obsessed with these two.

Edited by HarryVader

2 hours ago, HarryVader said:

Amazon just revealed some Halloween costumes for Venom and Carnage from Venom 2, and both look surprisingly comic-accurate. I’m slightly more excited about the film now. 

Does anyone else think that we may get a set or two based on Venom 2? If the rumors are true that the Carnage helmet is based on the film, then it wouldn’t make sense for Lego to miss out on producing a set featuring the movie Venom and Carnage, since they seem to be obsessed with these two.

Those honestly really don't look like movie designs to me. Imo it just screams comicbook :def_shrug: But we'll find out soon enough wether or not these are the actual movie designs.

As for potential sets, I'm honestly not sure. Despite desperately needing a R-rating Sony will definetely be stubborn again and push for PG-13 so technically speaking sets are possible. I just feel like comic tie-ins are more likely than sets directly based on the movie.