Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

6 minutes ago, SuperGrover said:

Is the price confirmed for the hidey hole? Because I’m not gonna play $70 for something that should be $60 at the highest

It's 80 according to Stonewars, which is outrageously high!

Not a single new character in this wave!  Although that Mysterio is awesome :pir-love:. If LEGO is insistent on so many Spider-Man sets, at least give us Lizard, Kingpin, Black Cat, Silver Sable, Daredevil, Prowler, Agent Venom, etc.  This wave definitely skews younger than any Marvel wave ever has before - they all feel like 4+ plus sets :grin:.  I feel this theme has gone downhill since 2018:/ 

I would have happily paid $80 for the lair set if it included a new Lizard big fig. But for what it is now, the set feels like a rip-off 

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Ghost Rider set: I have to say I'm impressed by the look of the Hellcharger. Sad to say the Ghost Rider figure ruins the set for me. 

I agree. The Hell Charger looks amazing. The Ghost Rider minifigure's head looks horrible, as I was saying a few weeks ago. 

Everything about the monster truck set in fine except the actual monster truck. The characters are good except for the lack of dual-molded legs for spider-man. The villains look amazing. 

1 hour ago, HarryVader said:

I would have happily paid $80 for the lair set if it included a new Lizard big fig. But for what it is now, the set feels like a rip-off 

It’s actually considered by price per piece with no big figs the largest rip off in the whole Lego marvel theme

I feel like we’ll look back on this as a pretty decent wave tbh (except for the Hidey Hole. The only saving grace is the “Ultimate Spider-Man” suit. Even for kids there are so many sets of far better value). 

The Mysterio and Ghost Rider sets, although far from perfect (goofy looking Doc Ock, Ghost Rider’s strange mouth and lack of chain, rehash Carnage, Ghost Spider still looks sooo plain compared to how vibrant she looks in the comics) both have great value. You get so much in the Mysterio set for $40 its nuts. 

The mechs (especially Miles’s) do their job of offering up some decent figures and some good parts and play value for $10.

But we’re still a long way from where we want to be with this theme especially when compared to others.

Edited by Legocity2713

24 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

I feel like we’ll look back on this as a pretty decent wave tbh

I hope you’re wrong haha. This is the lowest of the low I feel like they can go when it comes to Marvel. The only way what you said will come true is for future waves to be even worse, which I don’t even want to imagine lol

Edited by HarryVader

Captain America and Miles Morales mechs look awesome along with the new figures! Bit surprised they gave Miles duel molded legs in a cheap set, but not Spider-Man in any of his. Thor's mech is pretty nice as well but a bit disappointing they're reusing the same video game figure. The Ghost Rider set also turned out nicely.

Not impressed with the Monster Truck. Just feels like a waste of parts to me. The figures definitely make the set for this one, especially Mysterio and his new accessory pieces. PS4 Doc Ock looks good as well although I do prefer the tentacles from the older figures. The Spider-Lair isn't really for me either. Its just a bunch of random saucer pieces and window panels thrown together to the blueprint of the Batcave.

I thought the Spider-man figure was supposed to have dual moulded legs in some of the higher priced sets but on the pictures he doesn't?

21 minutes ago, JediJosh said:

I thought the Spider-man figure was supposed to have dual moulded legs in some of the higher priced sets but on the pictures he doesn't?

Do you mean this as a general rule? Or did you read it somewhere? (I really am curious)

There was pics a few weeks ago of the 2 Figures- one with Dual Moulded legs and one without saying thats the one without would come in the 4+ sets and the one with would be in the higher price sets

5 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

include a chain for Robbie

That's the one bad thing I realized about the set, other than the head.

6 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I dislike Marvel and Lego Marvel in almost anyway
only the guardians sets were quite nice

..but that Miles Morales set is a must have. Simply these dual molded legs cost like 2,50. Then the other parts, the new hood etc...

Remember the iron man mech and how the figure was exclusive at the beginning? I'm waiting to buy the set until I can confirm it's exclusive.

Hmm. This wave sucks. I don’t see the appeal to these mechs at all and the sets themselves are very disappointing. Comparing themes, if you collected star wars over a long period of time, you would have plenty of structures and vehicles and mini figure variants that your collection would probably look very diverse in its builds. But when I reflect on this theme it seems pointless vehicles and repetitive figures is all you get. I feel like this has to somehow be hurting the themes sales? Like if I was a kid and I already had all these figures I would see no incentive to ask for these sets. The spider base looks like a 4+ set and that note the entire wave does. I notice that kids cartoons are annoyingly childish and immature and seeing how simple Lego structures are becoming I sometimes wonder if companies are deliberately working to making kids dumber or if they simply assume kids are idiots with no standards. Cause honestly I’m confident that even child me would hate this wave. Even as a kid i wanted structures and bases and buildings to create a world for my figures that felt real. I would have loved an X Mansion and I actually would have loved more obscure characters. 

Idea, when lego has another wave where no movie is being released and they can focus on original play sets they really should give us a comic based guardians wave. With a comic variant for pre existing characters. Not only are audiences already familiar with then but it could give the company some room to get creative with their builds. Even if kids do not recognize the exact source material for a build, if its well built they’ll enjoy it. I’m still saddened that X Men and Fantastic Four are absent my god when we finally get them I will go crazy!! Ahh it wouldn’t take much to get me excited about this theme I’m so tired of what its become and it sucks to see its wasted potential. Especially when Harry Potter and Overwatch show us consistently that the Lego group “still has it” in terms of product value. But then superheroes is just the simplest and most repetitive line when I personally think Marvel and DC had and still have the potential to be the absolute best themes in the companies history. It’s a shame their not giving either theme its potential and if any Lego designer is reading this please give us comic variants of pre existing cinematic characters and new characters with leg printing and when required dual molded legs and back printing and arm printing and side leg printing and dual sided heads and hair pieces along with their cowls and masks and accessories and just invest more in the quality lf this theme maybe raise the set age to what it is for the Harry Potter sets? Like can someone on the other side please hear our calls? Lol I don’t want this license being dropped to a competitor but I feel like Lego is not doing much with it.

It would've been better to include a small bank build instead of that hilariously out of place truck.

Spoiler

25 minutes ago, cosmic said:

simple Lego structures are becoming I sometimes wonder if companies are deliberately working to making kids dumber or if they simply assume kids are idiots with no standards

Yes! that's what I was saying earlier on this forum and others said it was the "single worst take I have ever read"

On 11/17/2020 at 1:28 AM, PGBQW said:

I swear, this is the single worst take I have ever read in this forum

Edited by HRC

15 minutes ago, HRC said:

It would've been better to include a small bank build instead of that hilariously out of place truck.

Hide contents

Yes! that's what I was saying earlier on this forum and others said it was the "single worst take I have ever read"

Oh not a bad take at all. I wasn’t a kid a million years ago, I actually vividly remember a lot and not only did I hate being underestimated by adults but I held highly critical views on a lot and would have wanted more out of this theme no matter my age.

I find it amusing how some are complaining about no new characters and nonsensical, inaccurate builds completely ignoring the Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider and his Hellcharger which are both comic accurate AND something totally new (I feel like there's an All New All Different joke in there). The Ghost Rider we got before was Johnny Blaze, a completely different character. I get the disappointment with the rest of the wave though. At least we're getting some really nice variant figures of existing characters like with Miles, Doc Oc and a couple of Spidey suits, ntm the scale suit Cap everyone wanted and a couple  of nice new pieces like the hood for Miles and Gwen as well as the pieces that Iron Man and Thanos are standing on in the 4+ set.

Edited by ToaDraco

The good Hell Charger and Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider was been mentioned, we are not "completely ignoring" it.

3 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

completely ignoring the Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider and his Hellcharger which are both comic accurate AND something totally new

I'll admit Ghost Rider car is one of the better-looking sets in the wave, but it's still not the ideal Ghost Rider car I was imagining. It's even worse than the Speed Champions one. I'm slightly disappointed because I'm a big Robbie Reyes fan, but I guess having a not ideal version is better than having nothing at all.

7 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

I fi d it interesting how some are complaining about no new characters and nonsensical, inaccurate builds completely ignoring the Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider and his Hellcharger which are both comic accurate AND something totally new (I feel like there's an All New All Different joke in there). The Ghost Rider we got before was Johnny Blaze, a completely different character. I get the disappointment with the rest of the wave though. At least we're getting some really nice variant figures of existing characters like with Miles, Doc Oc and a couple of Spidey suits and quite a few nice new pieces like the hood for Miles and Gwen, ntm scale suit Cap that everyone wanted. 

I get what you mean, but for the most part, all the main builds (Yes…Except Robbie) are stuff that doesn't relate to the core of the characters.  

And for the Characters being new versions of pre-existing villains. We have gotten so many uses of Venom, Carnage, Doc Ock and Green Goblin that its a bit insulting when there are so many villains not done. Comic Shocker, Classic Electro, Kingpin, Lizard, Morbius, Big Wheel (Ok that one's a joke, but it would be the one to actually need an oversized vehicle) and more. 

Edited by Walter529a

Just now, HRC said:

The good Hell Charger and Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider was been mentioned, we are not "completely ignoring" it.

I'm referring to those being hyperbolic and saying the entire wave is trash and there's nothing new like, you know, a few posts up lol.

Just now, Walter529a said:

And for the Characters being new versions of pre-existing villains. We have gotten so many uses of Venonm, Carnage, Doc Ock and Green Goblin that its a bit insulting when there are so many villains not done. Comic Shocker, Classic Electro, Kingpin, Lizard, Morbius, Big Wheel (Ok that one's a joke, but it would be the one to actually need an oversized vehicle) and more. 

Lego only makes who they think are the most salient characters in the public's mind (which are mostly characters who have appeared in movies). However, they refuse to give us the most popular variants (no scale suit Cap, no Tom Hardy Venom, etc.)

Edited by HarryVader

20 minutes ago, Walter529a said:

I get what you mean, but for the most part, all the main builds (Yes…Except Robbie) are stuff that doesn't relate to the core of the character. 

And for the Characters being new versions of pre-existing villains. We have gotten so many uses of Venonm, Carnage, Doc Ock and Green Goblin that its a bit insulting when there are so many villains not done. Comic Shocker, Classic Electro, Kingpin, Lizard, Morbius, Big Wheel (Ok that one's a joke, but it would be the one to actually need an oversized vehicle) and more. 

Oh I definitely agree, we desperately need more characters and especially villian variety. I'm just trying to look on the bright side a little.

20 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

I'll admit Ghost Rider car is one of the better-looking sets in the wave, but it's still not the ideal Ghost Rider car I was imagining. It's even worse than the Speed Champions one. I'm slightly disappointed because I'm a big Robbie Reyes fan, but I guess having a not ideal version is better than having nothing at all.

It's definitely not perfect, I'd prefer if it had space for 2 figures and a trunk but I definitely wouldn't say it's worse than the speed champions car especially when the speed champions car is trying(poorly) to be a Challenger SRT Demon and not a 69 Charger which is definitely what it ends up looking a little more like. In fact looking at the speed champions Challenger, they borrowed a lot of its design cues for the Hellcharger. Considering the theme we're talking about, I'm just relieved it looks as good as it does. Some will hate the stud shooters, I definitely get that but if it had to have stud shooters, I think it was clever implementation and is an easy fix for those that can't stand them. Comparing pictures of the set with comic panels, it really does look spot on, not counting the front box art which does it a real disservice.  Regarding your last point, that's kinda my feeling on the LEGO Marvel theme as a whole the past several years. I fealt the same way about the previous Ghost Rider set and the design of Johnny Blaze's bike. Not ideal but better than nothing lol. It was also such a weird design choice to go with the version from Hell Bent and Heaven Bound.

Edited by ToaDraco

I hope the carnage helmet set is a softcore tie-in to "Venom: Let There Be Carnage", the film comes out in June and the set itself in May so I think it is perfect 

29 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I hope the carnage helmet set is a softcore tie-in to "Venom: Let There Be Carnage", the film comes out in June and the set itself in May so I think it is perfect 

The rumors said it is based on Venom 2? I’m taking it with a grain of salt but wouldn’t it be amazing to get a Venom 2 set?