Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

All of my nieces and nephews have gone through a villain phase starting at about age 3.  They all love to play Darth Vader and chop people into chicken nuggets.  The most aggressively nerdy of my friends in elementary school and middle school were always into the villains, especially Jango Fett.  I was always on Team Good Guy, though.

Arghh! Yes, kids enjoy bad guy conflict play. I’m talking about superpowered villains, not Star Wars. I do agree with the general opinion that LEGO needs to have more villain mini-figures. I’m just saying that a Thanos-copter is a bad business idea.

Edited by HRC

8 hours ago, HarryVader said:

Possibly not a crazy hope, as Bosco suit is confirmed to return in Spider-Man 3

really? when has that stopped lego from giving us suit variants that make no sense 

1 hour ago, TOTDForever said:

suit variants that make no sense 

why was venomized iron man even a thing (And it had the bad helmet)

10 hours ago, HRC said:

Kids don’t want villain things. Villains are designed to be disliked and beaten. Kids are not going to remember 

And want a toy of it. Kids are less smart than adults, in general. That’s why their brain is still growing and they are in school.

I swear, this is the single worst take I have ever read in this forum

6 hours ago, HRC said:

I’m just saying that a $150 Thanos-copter is a bad business idea.

To be clearer, the builds I mentioned are suggestions for the regular sets, not for the D2C.

8 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

really? when has that stopped lego from giving us suit variants that make no sense 

Haha. Tom Holland’s Instagram showed a BTS photo of Bosco suit. Since this is the second time the suit will appear in a movie, I feel that there’s no excuse for Lego to skip it again

8 hours ago, HRC said:

I’m talking about superpowered villains, not Star Wars. I do agree with the general opinion that LEGO needs to have more villain mini-figures. I’m just saying that a $150 Thanos-copter is a bad business idea.

Hmmm Magneto, Galactus, and Doctor Doom would beg to differ. Also, no one asked for a $150 Thanoscopter (if they make Thanoscopter it’ll be at most $50). $150 Sanctuary II would be cool. I think we just want more villain vehicles and builds, no matter the size (Taskmaster’s helicopter, for example, felt refreshing to me because we finally got a villain vehicle as the main build). 

Edited by HarryVader

Okay, I see. I am frustrated that my opinion is being attacked. I was referring to the thanoscopter idea which I thought was a joke idea, but I’m confused why it’s being taken legitimately. I’m fine with villain things.

They just aren’t the bread and butter of the superhero theme. 

2 hours ago, HRC said:

Okay, I see. I am frustrated that my opinion is being attacked. I was referring to the thanoscopter idea which I thought was a joke idea, but I’m confused why it’s being taken legitimately. I’m fine with villain things.

They just aren’t the bread and butter of the superhero theme. 

It’s not being attacked, but it’s not being countenanced either. The reason a lot of us said something is because we disagree, but I wouldn’t call it an attack. The Thanoscopter is a joke idea because it’s such a kitsch product of it’s time that it’s now an icon in its own right, hence the odd mention now and again. Let’s face it, given Lego’s penchant for 4x4s, mechs and helicopters, it’s not the most unlikely thing to envisage in Lego. As for not being the bread and butter, they are the butter to the heroes’ collective bread.

56 minutes ago, SEmrys said:

Looks like Marvel may have just given LEGO the justification to keep pumping out more mechs. :laugh_hard:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/the-avengers-gear-up-in-all-new-armor-in-avengers-mech-strike

Um. 
Is it weird I’m actually more interested in the Cap and Thor mechs now that there’s actually source material to back them up?

Also, I mistook that Black Widow Mech for War Machine for a minute . . and why is Spider-Man an Avenger now?

3 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Also, I mistook that Black Widow Mech for War Machine for a minute . . and why is Spider-Man an Avenger now?

The idea of Spider-Man as an Avenger goes back years, nothing new about that :tongue:

Edited by Guyon2002

That's actually pretty cool and is definitely a good excuse for LEGO to be making more mechs. It seems like it will be a brief miniseries detached from the main Avengers series. I was a little worried they might be going back to the core generic team in 2021 for the main Avengers comic series since they have Hulk in there as well as Spider-man instead of current team members like Ghost Rider, Blade and She-Hulk. I love the current team and I don't want it to change anytime soon they have such an awesome dynamic.

Pictures are out :thumbup: My personal highlights are the new Mysterio fig (including trans-bright green power blasts, finally!), the web pieces in trans-clear and trans-light blue, the new hood piece, Doc Ock’s new faceprint, and Angry Clone Sandman :laugh_hard:

A disappointing wave but that doesn't come as a suprise to me, I'll pick up the Miles and Cap mechs and call it a day. Thoughts: 

- Mechs: Cap and Miles have decent mechs and great figures. Thor's mech is hilariously bad and the figure just being a reuse with a new color for that helmet is pretty sad. 

- Ghost Rider set: I have to say I'm impressed by the look of the Hellcharger. Sad to say the Ghost Rider figure ruins the set for me. 

- Spidey v Sandman: not interesting for me personally but it's a neat set as far as 4+ goes. 

- Monstertruck: the monstertruck itself looks very uninteresting, a bland build that doesn't even make sense within the context of the universe. The figures however are pretty good, I like the updated Gwen and Mysterio looks great with his new green pieces. Doc Ock does seem to be based on the PS4 version as some speculated but imo it's a very bad rendition so I don't feel the need to get him. Stark drone looks very nice as well but this set is still a skip for me. 

- Spidey-Hidey-Hole: hasn't been revealed for some reason? 

Also, kinda disappointing that the webs in Miles' mech are in fact blue. I really appreciate the recolor but was it really that hard to get the colors right?

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

- Spidey-Hidey-Hole: hasn't been revealed for some reason? 

The Thanos set is also missing :shrug_oh_well: The Marvel wave isn’t split in its release schedule like the Star Wars and Minecraft sets are, is it?

Overall a terrible wave with a few surprises. Some quick thoughts:

I’m so disappointed that Thor is reused. Is Lego seriously still making Square Enix sets? They need to STOP

Doc Ock is clearly based on PS4 and Miles is inspired by Into the Spiderverse (the box art is clearly based on that film). Nice

Ghost Rider car looks uglier than expected. Those stud shooters ruin the look for me.

The angry clone strikes back in the form of Sandman. 

PS: that Spider truck looks even worse than expected 

Edited by HarryVader

Just now, HarryVader said:

Doc Ock is clearly inspired by PS4 and Miles is inspired by Into the Spiderverse (the box art is clearly based on that film). Nice

Fixed that for you :tongue: If that figure is supposed to be the definitive PS4 version the designers did a very poor job. 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Fixed that for you :tongue: If that figure is supposed to be the definitive PS4 version the designers did a very poor job. 

I mean to me it is clearly ps4 inspired, same goes for that Spidey fig

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Stark drone looks very nice as well

Hands down the best builds in this entire wave. They look movie accurate and cool. 

I feel like all I do in this forum is complain, but indulge me once again.

The only, and I mean only, things worth noting to me in this wave are Miles and Robbie. The Hell Charger had been done better even in Lego's own Speed Champions sets.

I am absolutely sick of the trend of useless vehicles with marginally different versions of villains and maybe a single new character per wave.

I understand it's a children's toy, but in the past, Lego has walked the fine line of making excellent sets that appeal to kids as well as AFOLs.

Just compare this to the Harry Potter sets. They get every location, character, and idea from the book done perfectly over and over again, and we can't even get Daredevil in a Spider-Man set.

Sorry for the pessimism, it's just genuinely disappointing to me.

Also, the box art for Cap mech looks like the Endgame final battle. I hate how much Lego likes to tease us with Endgame-like sets but never gives us a proper Endgame wave 2

Just now, nintendude64 said:

I feel like all I do in this forum is complain, but indulge me once again.

You’re not alone my friend. It’s hard not to complain given how much Lego is ruining the theme recently.