Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

This is what his helmet looked like in the movie. I'd say both the Sesame Street and the new blue color have a good case in terms of accuracy but my personal preference is the SS one. 

I feel that the comics version was more like the SS one and the movie version is more like the blue one that we're about to get

15 hours ago, SuperGrover said:

Well that was unexpected.

Seems like they’ve been doing this with polybags and promos they have leftovers of.

Hope everyone who wants the tower can get it, I got it free when it was out and its one of my favorite promos. The Tony Stark fig is amazing to keep on the Hall of Armor circular suit-up platform.

On 11/7/2020 at 8:57 AM, Guyon2002 said:

LEGO needs to bank more on the MCU and comics,

MCU more so than the comics. To be frank, the game was considered a failure for ONLY selling three million copies, which is significantly more than anyone comic has sold in the last few decades. That's why even most of the comic sets Lego does are still of characters people are more likely to recognize from movies and TV or games.

3 hours ago, Battlinpanther said:

MCU more so than the comics. To be frank, the game was considered a failure for ONLY selling three million copies, which is significantly more than anyone comic has sold in the last few decades. That's why even most of the comic sets Lego does are still of characters people are more likely to recognize from movies and TV or games.

I agree on that but I didn't want to start (another) MCU vs comics debate :tongue:

6 hours ago, Battlinpanther said:

That's why even most of the comic sets Lego does are still of characters people are more likely to recognize from movies and TV or games.

And that’s what gets me confused. The point of comic sets is to give us characters who have not appeared in the MCU yet and thus do not have a Lego minifig form. If Lego is making those MCU characters anyway, why not just make movie variants? They gave us minifig Thanos twice because they know that he’s popular, but couldn't they just release accurate bald Thanos -- the figure everyone wants? 

Warning! Some idiots on YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, etc are posting a bunch of spoilers for Miles Morales. If you don't want to get spoiled please try to avoid those places as much as possible, I'm lucky I scrolled away quickly when I saw one of those posts and didn't end up seeing it :damn:

31 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Warning! Some idiots on YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, etc are posting a bunch of spoilers for Miles Morales. If you don't want to get spoiled please try to avoid those places as much as possible, I'm lucky I scrolled away quickly when I saw one of those posts and didn't end up seeing it :damn:

Same thing happened to me - I was watching launch trailer for 57th time today and the first recommended video was one with huge spoilers - at least I guess so, fortunately for me I didn't see the title nor the other character near Miles. I'm 100% sure this was a huge spoiler tho.

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Same thing happened to me - I was watching launch trailer for 57th time today and the first recommended video was one with huge spoilers - at least I guess so, fortunately for me I didn't see the title nor the other character near Miles. I'm 100% sure this was a huge spoiler tho.

I think we saw the same thumbnail, really hate those kinds of people. Everything for views, no regards for other people's experience whatsoever :ugh:

On 11/9/2020 at 8:16 AM, HarryVader said:

The point of comic sets is to give us characters who have not appeared in the MCU yet and thus do not have a Lego minifig form. 

Cynically, I think it's way more likely that Lego just sees comic sets as a way to continue selling sets based around the big guns during periods when they don't have movies in theaters. You do get some comic characters like Ms. Marvel, Ghost Rider and the various Spider-People, sure, but I doubt from a corporate perspective that's why the comic sets exist. Which is why you rarely see any super deep cuts in these, and when you do see comic-only characters it's often someone Marvel is actively pushing currently (IE, I would not be surprised if we see characters like Moon Knight or She-Hulk pop up in some future sets ahead of their MCU debuts). 

Ultimately the characters we see in sets are most likely the characters Marvel wants to push at any given time.

For example even though X-Men and Fantastic Four are now owned by Disney after they bought Fox, they aren't what Marvel wants to promote right now so we won't see any sets from those at this point.

Edited by jonwil

24 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Ultimately the characters we see in sets are most likely the characters Marvel wants to push at any given time.

For example even though X-Men and Fantastic Four are now owned by Disney after they bought Fox, they aren't what Marvel wants to promote right now so we won't see any sets from those at this point.

I agree and i think it’s a stupid move, because you’ll miss a generation that would be familiar with those superheroes. In the nineties we had all those X-Men comics and cross-overs and cartoons. Kids from that era are the visitors of the x-men movies now. But, kids from this era, who only see these new movies probably only remember Wolverine, Magneto and Mystique because she shapeshifts and has a very prominent role in the movies. They will not be attached to the characters and therefore won’t pass on the love for them to their kids i think. But maybe i am completely wrong here ?

Very true, Marvel legends slowly but surely started to up the amount of Xmen waves per year, from 1 to 3 waves a year.

Also as a sidenote, just received my 2021 Miles and Spider-Man figures, they are excellent!

Marvel Legends is doing so well with producing Marvel characters and variants fans want. I can only dream that LEGO comes close to that...

1 hour ago, Walter529a said:

Also as a sidenote, just received my 2021 Miles and Spider-Man figures, they are excellent!

Hold up a second, how?

1 hour ago, SuperGrover said:

Hold up a second, how?

It's reasonable to assume that he found an unscrupulous eBay seller who had obtained the figures from whoever stole them from the factory.

2 hours ago, SuperGrover said:

Hold up a second, how?

Got it from the LatinAmerican version of ebay "Mercadolibre", Sometimes leaked figures get sold there… 

Edited by Walter529a

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

WandaVision will release on January 15th. A little later than expected but nice to finally have a releasedate

It’s sad that we won’t be getting anything Marvel this year, but hopefully this means that we are still on track for getting LEGO WandaVision sets.

Edited by HarryVader

Lego is missing on Disney+ series big time. I hate how they treat this theme nowadays, a few years ago I would have said that it was my favourite theme - now it's not even in my top 5.

46 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Lego is missing on Disney+ series big time. I hate how they treat this theme nowadays, a few years ago I would have said that it was my favourite theme - now it's not even in my top 5.

Couldn’t agree more. All the other toy companies that make Marvel toys are ahead of Lego when it comes to giving fans what they want

The frustration of a Lego Marvel collector: When you collect Lego Marvel, you have to worry about them not making sets related to a popular movie/TV show. When Lego finally confirms that they’re making tie-in sets, you have to worry about the quality of these sets, as they could be terrible. When the other toy companies start making accurate MCU sets after the film’s release (like Endgame) and you’re excited for Lego to do the same, they give you Square Enix sets... And don’t forget we have 0 sets based on the Miles Morales game (if you don’t count the exclusive minifig), an actually good and popular Marvel game

Edited by HarryVader

I see the statement a lot like Lego doesn’t do Disney plus stuff well. But Disney plus shows are much harder to cover given the secrecy behind the shows and that Lego products do take a long time to develop compared to things like Funko. There is also a constantly shifting release dates with these. Tho I wouldn’t worry too much about lego skipping these shows. They might be done in different ways but I am pretty confident they won’t be forgotten 

25 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Couldn’t agree more. All the other toy companies that make Marvel toys are ahead of Lego when it comes to giving fans what they want

The frustration of a Lego Marvel collector: When you collect Lego Marvel, you have to worry about them not making sets related to a popular movie/TV show. When Lego finally confirms that they’re making tie-in sets, you have to worry about the quality of these sets, as they could be terrible. When the other toy companies start making accurate MCU sets after the film’s release (like Endgame) and you’re excited for Lego to do the same, they give you Square Enix sets... And don’t forget we have 0 sets based on the Miles Morales game (if you don’t count the exclusive minifig), an actually good and popular Marvel game

The main thing I want from WandaVision is a new Scarlet Witch figure but as she'll definetely appear in a Doctor Strange 2 set I won't feel terrible if LEGO skips this show. I do really fear LEGO will skip Falcon and the Winter Soldier, mostly because I really want a Zemo and US Agent figure and I kinda doubt those characters (especially Agent) will be here to stay :sceptic:

25 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

It is rather unfortunate we got such a heavy focus on sets for such a blaise game. Here's hoping 2021 is a step up.

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I see the statement a lot like Lego doesn’t do Disney plus stuff well. But Disney plus shows are much harder to cover given the secrecy behind the shows and that Lego products do take a long time to develop compared to things like Funko.

That makes sense, and I suppose that is why the Mandalorian sets have released at such a staggered pace. I would rather they just wait and release an accurate set after the different series have released.

9 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

To be fair, it's hard to criticize them for not making sets for shows that haven't even aired yet... Not to mention the only thing we have to compare this situation to is the Mandalorian which only got sets after the show ended and the only set for the new season that we know of so far is watered down and devoid of all the good stuff from the episode. Granted I doubt there's nearly as much secrecy around the Marvel shows as there is around the Mandalorian but I certainly wouldn't expect any sets based on the shows until after they're over or we'd only be getting watered down mediocre sets based only on trailer footage and outdated concept art-- or worse, have literally nothing to do with the shows. I'd rather wait and have sets that include more important spoilery stuff. Then again LEGO Marvel has a terrible track record with movie and show based sets on the whole.

Edited by ToaDraco

They are all good. The ghost rider will give nightmares looks different, but it is comic-book accurate and looks scary. I don't think they did nose right because it looks like the upper mouth and the bridge of the nose form a mustache. I don't love it though because I thought it would be like the agents of shield ghost rider, not Halloween mustache man.