Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Borex said:

I do hope that the cloud piece beneath Mysterio will be a white one and not the same blue as his head or green

But Mysterio’s clouds are green in both the comics and the MCU... So the Lego version will most likely be in that color.

A new pic of Mysterio leaked but this time with the smoke piece. I really hope this is just a case of awfull lighting because those colors really don't work for me :sceptic: Looks more like some Hidden Side goo than actual smoke

42 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

But Mysterio’s clouds are green in both the comics and the MCU... So the Lego version will most likely be in that color.

I saw him with the green smoke and it does look good. I just hoped for a white one, so we could reuse it for other figs as well or when you wanted to create more smoke you could just use white bricks instead. But the green one looks great. And i’m not sure if i like the blue helmet. That one looks probably better in real life. 

Edited by Borex

51 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

A new pic of Mysterio leaked but this time with the smoke piece. I really hope this is just a case of awfull lighting because those colors really don't work for me :sceptic: Looks more like some Hidden Side goo than actual smoke

Are you sure it's real? The one I've seen on IG a couple of hours ago looked pretty photo-shopped to me :shrug_oh_well:

I don't that pic is real

But I wouldn't be surprised if he actually comes with that piece

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Which account? 

EDIT: just saw it. That is a very weird green to go with the figure (looks more like poison jelly than smoke)

Edited by HarryVader

On 11/4/2020 at 1:25 AM, Lego-Freak said:

Ever played Twilight Princess? :wink:

They easily could have repurposed the old Ghost Rider head and didn’t. Even if you don’t like the result, at least effort was put in :laugh:

damn that was unnecessary lol, but I also saw the Mysterious fig, it looks so awesome and the green smoke affect is really cool

Just now, YetiZombie said:

Taskmaster's Ambush is live on Shop@Home (at least in the US).

Finally! I can finally return that defective one from Amazon and place a new order. 

This just came across my mind, but does anyone else think that Taskmaster would look really good with the new Miles Morales hood? If LEGO ever makes a 3rd Black Widow set with Taskmaster closer to the film’s release I hope they reuse that hood on him

I think that picture of Mysterio's smoke piece is fake... To me it looks like the official picture of Nehmaar Reem (the guy that uses this piece in Hidden Side) with the top cropped of and with a green layer placed over it. The murky color would then be the black of the original piece mixed with green, which his why it looks so bad and opaque. I'm sure the real one will look better than that.

Another thing, the original pic is a rendering, which would also explain some of the extra shine and gleam, along with the overall weird look.

Edited by NetherCreeper

1 hour ago, HarryVader said:

This just came across my mind, but does anyone else think that Taskmaster would look really good with the new Miles Morales hood? If LEGO ever makes a 3rd Black Widow set with Taskmaster closer to the film’s release I hope they reuse that hood on him

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHQO-A7pzUX/

I saw some really high res photos of the new Spider-Man and Miles figures. They look so good! I do think that the arm printing on the blue isn't opaque enough, but that can probably be solved by putting those arms on the 2012 torso to get it all nice and consistent.

Edited by shadefoundry

I am really glad they seem to be slowly moving away from that old hood. The Star Wars version leaves something to be desired but the version they’re using in the Spider-Man sets next year is such an improvement!

Taskmaster set is now Sold Out, lasted all of half a day. This may well be it for them, assuming Amazon has blown through their supply. Only chance for more would be if Amazon held a few back, or for a repeat of the Bespin Backorder (a last gasp of Bespins showed up Backorderable for brief time many days after the initial release, likely from cancelled orders). 

I haven’t seen the smoke peice I have only seen mysterio so I’m not sure if it’s real. The instagramer that I’m looking at is wink leaks.

2 hours ago, Darth Caedus said:

Taskmaster set is now Sold Out, lasted all of half a day. This may well be it for them, assuming Amazon has blown through their supply. Only chance for more would be if Amazon held a few back, or for a repeat of the Bespin Backorder (a last gasp of Bespins showed up Backorderable for brief time many days after the initial release, likely from cancelled orders). 

I think we're near the very last stage of that product's run, if not already at the end. I hope with the Lego Shop@Home release 1) most people in the US who want the set got it and 2) the set's value drops significantly to the Wonder Woman set level (about $50-$60) so everyone can get it. 

Edited by HarryVader

6 hours ago, HarryVader said:

I think we're near the very last stage of that product's run, if not already at the end. I hope with the Lego Shop@Home release 1) most people in the US who want the set got it and 2) the set's value drops significantly to the Wonder Woman set level (about $50-$60) so everyone can get it. 

You can still buy the WW set, unlike Bespin or Taskmaster. It’s certainly the least desirable of the 4 premier sets.  If the ‘pre-orders’ of the nebulon ship out then that market is already gone mostly to resellers as well.  Taskmaster will do nicely as an investment and will likely end up like any other Comic-Con set, ~200$ in short order.

9 hours ago, HarryVader said:

2) the set's value drops significantly to the Wonder Woman set level (about $50-$60) so everyone can get it. 

1000% this will not occur. With 2 exclusive minifigs, this simply can never drop much lower than the $80-$90 it commands right now, and will only continue to rise.