Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, shadefoundry said:

it looks very comic accurate which is nice. 

Agreed.

Although personally I think the face looks a bit goofy, I don't fault LEGO for that. I just got the picture up side by side with a comic cover featuring Reyes and I can't really see how LEGO could make the figure that much more accurate at that scale without just creating a new head mould entirely. (maybe blunt his teeth a bit? Idk) 

I'm curious as to whether the dislike of the figure comes from the fact a lot of you seem to be Marvel film/TV fans first, comics second.

Is this a case of people preferring the TV/MCU adapted figures over comic book ones or do people think this figure poorly represents the (comic) source material? 

I never watched AoS past season two so I don't have as much of a connection to the character as many of you seem to (his placement on the current Avengers roster is about the extent of my knowledge). 

Mysterio for 2021 has leaked along with a better look at ghost rider. I’ll say ghost rider looks better then previous photos made him look

Edited by Falconfan1414

13 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Mysterio for 2021 has leaked along with a better look at ghost rider. I’ll say ghost rider looks better then previous photos made him look

Where can I find pictures of Mysterio? 

The helmet on Mysterio is a nice upgrade. The smokey blue color suits him a lot better than the clear one did. Otherwise everything else is the same as the 4+ version which is fine. Leg printing would have been nice but the figure still looks good without it.

2 minutes ago, wesker said:

The helmet on Mysterio is a nice upgrade. The smokey blue color suits him a lot better than the clear one did. Otherwise everything else is the same as the 4+ version which is fine. Leg printing would have been nice but the figure still looks good without it.

I still can’t find Mysterio lol. Which account has pictures of it? 

39 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Я все еще не могу найти Мистерио лол. На каком аккаунте есть его фотографии?

Instagram 

Finally saw Mysterio. Love the upgrade. The new helmet should also look fantastic on the FFH version 

31 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Finally saw Mysterio. Love the upgrade. The new helmet should also look fantastic on the FFH version 

What account did you find it on? Recent Instagram posts are still being hidden to prevent ellection misinformation so it's incredibly difficult to find new leaks and the accounts I'm following haven't posted anything new.

5 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

What account did you find it on? Recent Instagram posts are still being hidden to prevent ellection misinformation so it's incredibly difficult to find new leaks and the accounts I'm following haven't posted anything new.

lego_fulcrum

45 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

lego_fulcrum

Awsome, thank you! 

The new picture is nice to get a slightly different look at the Ghost Rider figure. I'm glad to see the nostrils are better defined and there definitely appears to be some silver printing to help the details pop including on the teeth which might help them look a little better in person. I doubt the chain included in the picture is supposed to be from the set since the figure is stolen but it's nice to see how it looks with a silver chain as opposed to the trans orange one. I remain curious about what if any accessories will be included in the set for him. I would hope he'd get a chain at minimum and I kinda hope it's just a silver chain rather than the trans orange one to help differentiate him from the previous LEGO Ghost Rider and perhaps incorporate one or 2 of whatever blast pieces are leftover if there any not incorporated into the car but it's not a big deal either way. 

Mysterio looks really good and I like the recolored helmet.

Edit: dangit, lego_fulcrum took down those pictures, does someone have another source for them?

Edit2: Nevermind, I found a better one including a high quality picture of the back of the figure which has a nice level of detail and I'm glad to see they maintain the orangle print near the top to give the illusion of glow from the fire on the head.

Edited by ToaDraco

New Mysterio helmet is nice, but something about it looks off to me. Curious to see how new helm will look on movie Mysterio though.  Robbie Reyes ghost rider looks weird to me, head should be white and not gun metal grey color. 

20 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

New Mysterio helmet is nice, but something about it looks off to me. Curious to see how new helm will look on movie Mysterio though.  Robbie Reyes ghost rider looks weird to me, head should be white and not gun metal grey color. 

With the Mysterio figure it could just be because the seem is facing forward.

The head on the Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider figure is not gun metal grey, it's silver which is 100% accurate to the comics. White would not be accurate because he has a metal skull. 

Edited by ToaDraco

That colour works very well for Mysterio, even better than the milky one used in the Sesame Street set :thumbup: Speaking of colour: I hope the power blast pieces will actually be trans-bright green in the set itself (as seen in the catalogue) rather than the trans-light blue one in this picture :classic: Accessories don’t usually leak, so at least it makes sense why a replacement part was used

36 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

That colour works very well for Mysterio, even better than the milky one used in the Sesame Street set :thumbup: Speaking of colour: I hope the power blast pieces will actually be trans-bright green in the set itself (as seen in the catalogue) rather than the trans-light blue one in this picture :classic: Accessories don’t usually leak, so at least it makes sense why a replacement part was used

Agreed, it looks quite nice. I too hope that the power blast pieces are actually trans light green. I don't think they've come in that color yet and it would be super useful. Since they seem to be recoloring the wispy bit for his legs to stand on it would look pretty bad if they didn't recolor the blasts too but hey, when it comes to this LEGO theme they often make strange and frustrating decisions.

The new color for that bowl piece looks good on Mysterio, not interested in the figure itself but I'm curious as to how it will look on the movie figure 

10 hours ago, SEmrys said:

I'm curious as to whether the dislike of the figure comes from the fact a lot of you seem to be Marvel film/TV fans first, comics second.

Is this a case of people preferring the TV/MCU adapted figures over comic book ones or do people think this figure poorly represents the (comic) source material? 

Years ago I made the choice to stick with the MCU sets (or things that are similar like the SE game sets) and ignore all the comic sets LEGO would release because of budgetary reasons. When I heard we we're getting Reyes I obviously realised it wouldn't be the MCU version I would want to have but the comic version, though even as a comic figure I was excited to get it as the MCU/comic designs for Reyes are pretty close. In the end I personally really dislike this figure because, as you said, it poorly represents the source material. 

Does anyone else hope that since Mysterio’s helmet is opaque now, we’d get a Quentin Beck face print underneath instead of the plain silver head? 

Edited by HarryVader

18 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Does anyone else hope that since Mysterio’s helmet is opaque now, we’d get a Quentin Beck face print underneath instead of the plain silver head? 

It would be nice, but I would rather have had an updated Jake Gyllenhaal face than the comic version. They'd probably use a generic face anyway

29 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

It would be nice, but I would rather have had an updated Jake Gyllenhaal face than the comic version. They'd probably use a generic face anyway

If they ever do a Quentin Beck face, I bet they’ll go for the Jake Gyllenhaal version. Lego loves putting movie heads on comics figures (ex: Justin Hammer) 

Taking a closer look at the Miles Morales hood piece, it looks like the inside edges are flat enough to be printed on. Hopefully this means that Spider-Gwen can have some pink printing on her hood to make her figure more accurate than the last one. It would be a shame if they made a whole new piece but still couldn't print on it.

Not to change the subject so rapidly from the leaks but there’s an image of the Eternals movie heroes all together and I was just wondering about how Lego will approach that wave come next year. I hope they do the miniatures justice because those suits look amazing!

40 minutes ago, Leggomyleggo said:

Not to change the subject so rapidly from the leaks but there’s an image of the Eternals movie heroes all together and I was just wondering about how Lego will approach that wave come next year. I hope they do the miniatures justice because those suits look amazing!

I would expect new torso's for everyone, a couple of new faces and a new mold or 2. Legprinting would be nice to get but with the cast being this large I wouldn't count on it

I just saw the mysterio and ghost rider. I think the globe on mysterios head looks good this might be just me but I think I would of preferred the one from the Sesame Street set. Now that I see ghost rider more and more I think I like it more.

47 minutes ago, Leggomyleggo said:

yeah the picture look amazing and looking at icuras and kingo the colors haven’t been toned down at all there still wearing bright blues and purples.

The character I'm most interested in seeing what Lego does with is Kro. I have a feeling he'll be a Steppenwolf-type build. I'm also expecting a lot of reused heads and no leg printings. 

Just saw the new leaks, Mysterio's helmet is definitely an improvement. Hopefully the reuse of the torso will mean its easier to get ahold of now. Ghost Rider definitely looks better from that angle, and I think he'll look even better than that in person.

I wasn’t really happy with GR at first, but now i like him already :-D

I do hope that the cloud piece beneath Mysterio will be a white one and not the same blue as his head or green