Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

18 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Well, this is the same company that decided random mechs are better than iconic Marvel locations, characters, and vehicles...

So when do we think Marvel peaked? My vote is 2018. I feel like I took the Infinity War wave for granted...

3 minutes ago, nintendude64 said:

So when do we think Marvel peaked? My vote is 2018. I feel like I took the Infinity War wave for granted...

Do you mean Marvel itself or Lego Marvel? I wouldn't call 2018 the best year for Lego Marvel, as many Infinity War figures were disappointing (especially Thanos) and lacked leg printing. I would say the highlight of Lego Marvel was 2014-2016 (Age of Ultron wave, old Milano, Bridge Battle, Airport Battle, Doctor Strange set, etc). Unfortunately that time may never come back...

32 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Do you mean Marvel itself or Lego Marvel? I wouldn't call 2018 the best year for Lego Marvel, as many Infinity War figures were disappointing (especially Thanos) and lacked leg printing. I would say the highlight of Lego Marvel was 2014-2016 (Age of Ultron wave, old Milano, Bridge Battle, Airport Battle, Doctor Strange set, etc). Unfortunately that time may never come back...

Yes, I mean Lego Marvel! I guess I mean that Infinity War was the last wave I would consider a strong wave. 2016 was most likely the peak as you said.

Just now, nintendude64 said:

Yes, I mean Lego Marvel! I guess I mean that Infinity War was the last wave I would consider a strong wave. 2016 was most likely the peak as you said.

The Infinity War sets were infinitely (pun intended) better than the Endgame sets, which were infinitely better than the 2020 sets...

Blurry picture of new Spider-Man just leaked, and it looks lovely. The face print is amazing, the torso is also fantastic. I just hate the fact that he's (almost definitely) getting plain blue legs.

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Blurry picture of new Spider-Man just leaked, and it looks lovely. The face print is amazing, the torso is also fantastic. I just hate the fact that he's (almost definitely) getting plain blue legs.

The fact that we’re getting just blue pants doesn’t really bother me. I have plenty of copies of the current spidey with dual molded boots so I can just give the new one one of their leg pieces. The current one is common enough it shouldn’t be hard for others to do the same.

Edited by SuperGrover
Spelling

Love the irony here. LEGO pulls off an accurate Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider and everyone hates it

New images of Miles show his backprint, he has a cute little logo stitched onto the back of his jacket

HD pictures of new Miles and Peter just leaked.

Miles looks absolutely fantastic, definitely one of my favourite Marvel minifgires ever.

Peter on the other hand... I don't know if it's just this certain picture, or the whole minifigure in general, but he looks like a knock-off minifigure, the arm feels like it was literally just edited onto the picture.

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Peter on the other hand... I don't know if it's just this certain picture, or the whole minifigure in general, but he looks like a knock-off minifigure, the arm feels like it was literally just edited onto the picture.

I got the same feeling too, I think the off-colored red for the arms is what does that.

Beyond that, this is an amazing figure, and I'm happy a figure this common has arm printing.

17 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Love the irony here. LEGO pulls off an accurate Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider and everyone hates it

Exactly, lol

Also, the new miles figure is great! I love pretty much everything about it.

2 hours ago, nintendude64 said:

2 hours ago, nintendude64 said:

I think we should all commit to buying the 2018 Speed Champions Dodge charger instead as not to support such a horrendous set. :snicker:

It's a better version of the car, and you could just get the Robbie torso off of Bricklink. This head can replace the knockoff...

3626cpb2136.jpg

Where is this head from

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

A lot of people hating on the Ghost Rider figure but I think it kooks great! Sure the face could've been done better but so could the previous Ghost Rider. It seems LEGO intentionally tried to tone down how scary it should be. Also let's be honest, Robbie's helmet skull was always going to be tough to pull off as just a print on a minifig head. The biggest surprise to me is the level of detail in the torso! I totally just expected the white rectangle shape and a few creases. I think people will get used to the figure the same way they got used to the Johnny  Blaze Ghost Rider figure. People didn't like the face on that one at first either, myself included.

The new Miles Morales looks excellent and the new generic Spider-man looks fine though I do appreciate the arm printing.

Does anyone have any idea when Amazon’s restocking the SDCC Black Widow set? Right now all the listings I can find are from scalpers where they jacked the prices up like 300%.

19 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

A lot of people hating on the Ghost Rider figure but I think it kooks great! Sure the face could've been done better but so could the previous Ghost Rider. It seems LEGO intentionally tried to tone down how scary it should be. Also let's be honest, Robbie's helmet skull was always going to be tough to pull off as just a print on a minifig head. The biggest surprise to me is the level of detail in the torso! I totally just expected the white rectangle shape and a few creases. I think people will get used to the figure the same way they got used to the Johnny  Blaze Ghost Rider figure. People didn't like the face on that one at first either, myself included.

The new Miles Morales looks excellent and the new generic Spider-man looks fine though I do appreciate the arm printing.

You like it because you're obviously a big Ghost Rider fan and you were really hyped for this set, but 9 out of 10 people hate this minifgure.

I really love the fact that you seem to like this minfigure for what it is, but people won't get use to it - it's just bloody awful.

This may sound a bit confusing, but the distribution of the red and blue parts and the Web pattern is the same as the 2013 TASM2 Figure (Yes I know, Different logos, no blue dots)

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

You like it because you're obviously a big Ghost Rider fan and you were really hyped for this set, but 9 out of 10 people hate this minifgure.

I really love the fact that you seem to like this minfigure for what it is, but people won't get use to it - it's just bloody awful.

Yes I know I'm biased to some degree and yes the face could've been better but I guarantee that after we get official, hd pictures and especially by the time the set comes out more people will be okay with it. This kind of thing happens EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. People also fail to realize if it was 100% accurate it would be too scary for the target demographic aka little kids and LEGO would get a lot of complaints from parents. People need to understand there are going to be obvious limitations and I've accepted that. That doesn't mean I love it but it figures into my view of the figure. Like I said, I had the same problem with the first Ghost Rider minifig but because of that my expectations were adjusted for the new one so I wasn't surprised to see it was toned down too. A lot of people were unhappy with the Ghost Rider figure as well as the bike(despite being accurate to the Hell Bent and Heaven Bound comic arc) the same way people aren't thrilled with this figure and his car. Mark my words, after the set releases there will be a lot of people saying "it's actually not that bad" because again, the same thing happens every year, in every theme. Hell. I don't just see that every year in every theme with LEGO, I see it in every fandom I'm apart of including Transformers and Star Wars and it amuses me greatly. 

Not a fan of the female torso GR now has. Because of the design of his suit he looks to have a female chest, give him a smaller waist and you give him female hips as well. That’s just unfortunate. Give him a female head with glasses and black long hair and you have Baroness from Cobra. 

Miles looks ace. And very delighted with the arm-printing on Spidey. 

5 minutes ago, Borex said:

Not a fan of the female torso GR now has. Because of the design of his suit he looks to have a female chest, give him a smaller waist and you give him female hips as well. That’s just unfortunate. Give him a female head with glasses and black long hair and you have Baroness from Cobra. 

Miles looks ace. And very delighted with the arm-printing on Spidey. 

*rolls eyes* It doesn't remotely look like a "female torso" Robbie's a skinny dude and there are SLIGHT grey lines on the sides of the figure to denote that. It's almost like people have different body shapes or something....

Edited by ToaDraco

36 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Do you have to be negative all the time and downplay people’s opinions?, no.

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

3 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

*rolls eyes* It doesn't remotely look like a "female torso" Robbie's a skinny dude and there are SLIGHT grey lines on the sides of the figure to denote that. It's almost like people have different body shapes or something....

I don’t think that body is as big as a deal as everyone else. But that face, though. *shudders*

I love the Ghost Rider minifigure, it's super accurate to the comics. I like how LEGO didn't reuse the 2016 head which would be on-brand for them.

I guess 8 out of 10 people like it now.... 

9 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

I don’t like those waist lines, even for female torsos. I mean they are lego minifigures, why those lines. I find them weird. 

i do like his head though. And i will buy it and have fun with it as well. 

To be honest, Ghost Rider is not as bad as people say he is. Yeah, although the figure looks a little goofy and all (my main problem with it is that smile, but it's honestly kind of hilarious and cute), it could have been so much worse. Also, who said only female figures can have a slim waist design? As @ToaDraco mentioned, Robbie Reyes in the comics has a slim build so this makes sense for the character. I also believe that a mere-exposure effect will develop between us and this figure (for example, I hated the Thanos mech minifigure when I first saw it but now I'm ok with it). 

I think we were expecting too much from the figure and we were disappointed because he didn't fit our high expectations. I don't love this figure but I'm still getting the set. I'm just happy we are finally getting Robbie Reyes in Lego form. 

6 minutes ago, Borex said:

i do like his head though. And i will buy it and have fun with it as well. 

I think he'll look super cool in his car. Plus for $20 this set is a steal

Edited by HarryVader

14 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

@ToaDraco I think he'll look super cool in his car. Plus for $20 this set is a steal

For all of my pessimistic droning, the figure does look better in the other pictures. Still could be improved, but I am glad he's being made.

I bet he'll look pretty good with the 2018 Speed Champions charger I was talking about.

Side note, remember when we thought Quake might come in the set? That was very hopeful to think. :rofl:

21 minutes ago, steveholt said:

I love the Ghost Rider minifigure, it's super accurate to the comics. I like how LEGO didn't reuse the 2016 head which would be on-brand for them.

I guess 8 out of 10 people like it now.... 

I'm glad to see someone else likes it!

11 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

To be honest, Ghost Rider is not as bad as people say he is. Yeah, although the figure looks a little goofy and all (my main problem with it is that smile, but it's honestly kind of hilarious and cute), it could have been so much worse. Also, who said only female figures can have a slim waist design? As @ToaDraco mentioned, Robbie Reyes in the comics has a slim build so this makes sense for the character. I also believe that a mere-exposure effect will develop between us and this figure (for example, I hated the Thanos mech minifigure when I first saw it but now I'm ok with it). 

I think we were expecting too much from the figure and we were disappointed because he didn't fit our high expectations. I don't love this figure but I'm still getting the set. I'm just happy we are finally getting Robbie Reyes in Lego form. 

I think he'll look super cool in his car. Plus for $20 this set is a steal

Thanks! I totally agree. Like I said, this happens all the time because people's expectations are always too high because we often fail to consider the other factors that go into designing a product, especially one where the primary target is kids. I quite often fall into that trap as well because I'm a passionate fan but this time I was able to temper my expectations based on the previous Ghost Rider set and how the LEGO Marvel theme tends to be overall. Given how LEGO Marvel usually is, this figure and the set overall could've been so much worse but it's turning out to be pretty good. Not perfect by any means but within the context of this LEGO theme, it's pretty darn good. Like you said, for $20 this set is a steal.