Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd check to see if you can get a replacement first. Having the set with a damaged box is better than not having it at all :tongue:

After putting some thoughts into it, I think you're right. I'd rather have it with a damaged box than not have it at all

Edited by HarryVader

2 minutes ago, Noobmaster69 said:

You guys are getting yours mine isn’t  coming till sunday

I have a Prime membership maybe that's why mine arrived early? I really hope that yours arrives in a shipping box instead of an envelope

Edited by HarryVader

5 hours ago, HarryVader said:

I have a Prime membership maybe that's why mine arrived early? I really hope that yours arrives in a shipping box instead of an envelope

Depends on your area in relation to where the warehouse with the sets is. Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow and I have prime as well. A day or two difference means nothing to me though, I'm just glad we're actually getting it especially since the rest of the world got screwed over

Just realized something that made me pretty hyped for the future of this theme. If the rumours about the spiderverse in the upcoming Spider-Man 3 are correct we might get some pretty cool characters in minifig form like an updated Tobey Maguire and a widely available Andrew Garfield Spidey! I for one really hope that some of the rumours appear to be true and I also hope we get a decent wave of sets. 

For those in the US who didn't get the Taskmaster Ambush set, I saw a rumor that the set will become widely available via Amazon and Shop@Home starting tomorrow. Is this real? I hope it is because I can order the set on shop@home and return the damaged one from Amazon. 

49 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

For those in the US who didn't get the Taskmaster Ambush set, I saw a rumor that the set will become widely available via Amazon and Shop@Home starting tomorrow. Is this real? I hope it is because I can order the set on shop@home and return the damaged one from Amazon. 

Probably not, since that would mean Lego somehow managed to produce enough of a set they were expecting to be a limited edition for a full release in a very short amount of time.

On 10/30/2020 at 2:35 PM, HarryVader said:

My Taskmaster Ambush set arrived today... and thanks to Amazon's TERRIBLE shipping service I'll most likely be returning it. They sent this set, an exclusive set, in an envelope, which ruined the box and left numerous dents... Lego needs to stop giving Amazon exclusives, especially for valuable items like this

Ay, if you don't want it I'll gladly buy it from you. Though you probably won't... 

My copy of the black widow set arrived via amazon this morning... and something happened that has never happened to me with Lego before. They shipped it just on its own, not in another box or anything, with the shipping label just slapped on the front! Thankfully, the box was undamaged. Hyopthetically, would the big shipping label sticker on the front hurt the resale value?

3 minutes ago, KingSpoozle said:

My copy of the black widow set arrived via amazon this morning... and something happened that has never happened to me with Lego before. They shipped it just on its own, not in another box or anything, with the shipping label just slapped on the front! Thankfully, the box was undamaged. Hyopthetically, would the big shipping label sticker on the front hurt the resale value?

Probably, it depends on where it is if it’s on the front then most likely but if it’s on the bottom probably not

Shame about the shipping condition of these sets. I am very interested in buying one from S@H. I know someone looked at Amazon's page and saw that it said something along the lines of "we got some early copies of this set before they are sold by Lego", but I cannot find that on the Amazon listing anymore.

36 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

I know someone looked at Amazon's page and saw that it said something along the lines of "we got some early copies of this set before they are sold by Lego", but I cannot find that on the Amazon listing anymore.

Amazon restocked the set this morning (12am) with no purchase limits. All the stock was gone within 5 minutes, so I guess some scalpers bought out the stock. 

1 hour ago, KingSpoozle said:

OMG that is horrible! I'm so sorry :( Amazon does that a lot with Lego sets and it's unacceptable, especially for a limited edition collectible like this. For the resale value of your set, I think the shipping label may hurt it because buyers may know that your item arrived without any protectives and may not want it (unless you can peel it off without damaging the box which is nearly impossible). That said, if your box was still in a good condition or if this set remains limited in quantity, you may still be able to sell it for a relatively good price.

Edited by HarryVader

27 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Amazon restocked the set this morning (12am) with no purchase limits.

Oh!

30 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

All the stock was gone within 5 minutes, so I guess some scalpers bought out the stock. 

... oh.

Guess it's eBay for me.

1 hour ago, HarryVader said:

Amazon restocked the set this morning (12am) with no purchase limits. All the stock was gone within 5 minutes, so I guess some scalpers bought out the stock.

That is very unfortunate. It is surprising considering how long the first drops lasted. Here's hoping we will see some later this month on S@H.

5 minutes ago, nintendude64 said:

The full Miles figure leaked. Looks very good, pretty much like we expected.

That is a beautiful figure. I love it!

Are we sure this is right? I love it from the waist up, but the dual moulded legs seem almost too good to be true and even a little out of place. 

All the same, definitely buying the Miles mech just for this figure.

1 minute ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Where?

@michaelbricksf0rever

1 minute ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Are we sure this is right? I love it from the waist up, but the dual moulded legs seem almost too good to be true and even a little out of place.

It does seem odd for duel molded legs to be in something so cheap, but maybe that's their way of getting out of printing new ones.

41 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

All the same, definitely buying the Miles mech just for this figure.

I believe its real but I have the same thoughts as you. I think the problem is trying to imagine what those legs represent in real life and the only thing that makes sense is that they’re  gray sweatpants with black AF1s.

There is a photo of the new Ghost Rider. He is based on this one (Robbie Reyes):

agents-ghost-rider-robbie-reyes-pic1.jpg

Edited by Stormfury

9 hours ago, nintendude64 said:

The full Miles figure leaked. Looks very good, pretty much like we expected.

The Miles figure is great! It is even better than the drawing, since the drawing lacked the red V in the shirt. Also, is the hood and torso red or dark red? I am leaning torwards regular red. I believe the dual molded legs are real, since the look needs the shorts to be complete, and in the first mechs there was a new Thanos with leg printing, so one good new minifigure per wave is reasonable.

I hate being this negative, but his face looks absolutely awful. It doesn't look like a skull one bit, and that silver feels absolutely out of place. Something about the torso is off too tbh.

Miles Morales, on the other hand, looks fantastic. I am so happy that they made a hooded Miles minifigure.