Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

24 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Imagine if it's just a big empty seaport with all of the missing Iron Man suits :tongue:

Lol don’t jinx it

Edited by SuperGrover

Dream: Sanctuary II or Endgame compound with all the missing variants and figures

Reality: Most likely a UCS Avengers tower with the same boring SquareEnix figures

25 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

Imagine if it's a UCS Thanoscopter

you know, I'd legit buy that

Hey guys, am I wrong or does it look like the ‘new’ Spider-Man is just the same Spider-Armour 4 Suit we’ve had these past couple of years only now with arm printing? 
Also, movies and TV fan only here, what’s the significance of the black and green ‘Big Time’ suit?

46 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Hey guys, am I wrong or does it look like the ‘new’ Spider-Man is just the same Spider-Armour 4 Suit we’ve had these past couple of years only now with arm printing? 
Also, movies and TV fan only here, what’s the significance of the black and green ‘Big Time’ suit?

Its very likely the new Red and blue suit is the 2019 Main Spidey fig, with black and curvier web pattern, modified symbols and arm printing. 

The Big Time suit was a costume made in the (literal)  Big Time Saga in the ASM comics, developed at Horizon Labs to combat the New HobGoblin Phil Urich and his sonic Blast. It had 3 modes:  Green(Stealth), Red(Sound removal)  and White(Nothing). The suit has appeared in several games (Ps4 Included) and the Marvel's Spider-Man Tv show. 

Edited by Walter529a

48 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

If you watch toy reviews on YouTube, Big Time Spiderman gained some popularity thanks to ShartimusPrime, a Marvel action figure reviewer.

We‘ve been over this with the last Marvel D2C sets already: there‘s no way it‘s going to be based on FF or X-Men. In all likelihood, we will only start getting sets for these two properties once they‘re introduced in the MCU :classic: Besides, if they were confident enough to release a 300$ set based on either of the comic renditions, why aren‘t we seeing regular comic-based sets then? 

I say this every time there’s a rumor on big Marvel sets, but imagine if the D2C has Sanctuary II as the main build with some portals, Chitauri gorillas, and Leviathans, and compound wreckage as side builds. We have Mark 85 with the gauntlet, Bro Thor, scale suit Cap, Valkyrie with pegasus, another Giant Man build, and a bald Thanos with new versions of the Black Order. That’d be the best Lego set ever. I’d happily forgive Lego for those disappointing Endgame sets. Unfortunately, Lego will never give that to us.

I feel like the set will 99% be MCU, all the recent Marvel and DC D2Cs that I remember are based on movies/TV shows.

I have a feeling it's a UCS-style brick-built nanogauntlet with an exclusive version of an Ironman minifig with his his own little nanogauntlet to replicate his final heroic act. Hopefully it's a massive playset with tons of new figures but I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by ToaDraco

How do we know for sure that this is Marvel, much less MCU? As much as I hope it will be, from what I understand, the only reason why people are suspecting this is Marvel is because the previous two D2C sets were DC-themed - but for all we know, it could be another 1989 Batman themed set to go along with the Batmobile and Batwing, such as an 89 Batcave akin to the massive scale of the classic series Batcave a few years back. 

If it is MCU, I'm really curious as to what it could be. I doubt they'd do a large Sanctum Sanctorum given that's mostly a Doctor Strange specific thing and they'd probably want to focus on Avengers. I don't see them doing Thanos's Sanctuary II warship as focusing such a large set on a villain-centric vehicle is a risk I doubt LEGO is willing to take. Avengers Campus, despite the alluring minifigure possibilities, is probably too boring of a build for them to do, although the whole quantum tunnel setup could make for a fantastic build if done right. That leaves... another UCS Helicarrier? Or maybe a UCS Avengers Tower, which despite not being super relevant in the MCU nowadays is still an icon of the MCU and they have made D2C sets in the past focusing on older MCU movies (i.e. the Ultron Hulkbuster). 

If it's not a traditional building or vehicle, the only other thing could be a display model, although it's almost certainly not a bust (too expensive) or mosaic (already covered, and set number/price point doesn't match). I guess it could be an Infinity Gauntlet, but I'm not sure if LEGO would dedicate a $300 set to it.

If I had to predict, my money's on a large-scale Avengers Tower, but only time will tell.

54 minutes ago, DuckBricks said:

If it is MCU, I'm really curious as to what it could be. I doubt they'd do a large Sanctum Sanctorum given that's mostly a Doctor Strange specific thing and they'd probably want to focus on Avengers. I don't see them doing Thanos's Sanctuary II warship as focusing such a large set on a villain-centric vehicle is a risk I doubt LEGO is willing to take. Avengers Campus, despite the alluring minifigure possibilities, is probably too boring of a build for them to do, although the whole quantum tunnel setup could make for a fantastic build if done right. That leaves... another UCS Helicarrier? Or maybe a UCS Avengers Tower, which despite not being super relevant in the MCU nowadays is still an icon of the MCU and they have made D2C sets in the past focusing on older MCU movies (i.e. the Ultron Hulkbuster). 

If it's not a traditional building or vehicle, the only other thing could be a display model, although it's almost certainly not a bust (too expensive) or mosaic (already covered, and set number/price point doesn't match). I guess it could be an Infinity Gauntlet, but I'm not sure if LEGO would dedicate a $300 set to it.

If I had to predict, my money's on a large-scale Avengers Tower, but only time will tell.

Don't forget there's also the Quinjet. That could easily be done as a large scale display piece like the 1989 Batmobile and Batwing sets.

That or the tower seem like the two most likely options for me if it is a Marvel set.

Releasing a Quinjet as a D2C set is not the best idea, since I think that people will not be very interested in buying a Quinjet

Edited by oxy220

I would love for it to be a spiderman playset if Lego decides to do Marvel.  

A new york building modular type set with a damaged road and wrecked cars with villains and hero's. 

With the capability of spiderman swinging from one side to the other. 

6 hours ago, HarryVader said:

I say this every time there’s a rumor on big Marvel sets, but imagine if the D2C has Sanctuary II as the main build with some portals, Chitauri gorillas, and Leviathans, and compound wreckage as side builds. We have Mark 85 with the gauntlet, Bro Thor, scale suit Cap, Valkyrie with pegasus, another Giant Man build, and a bald Thanos with new versions of the Black Order. That’d be the best Lego set ever. I’d happily forgive Lego for those disappointing Endgame sets. Unfortunately, Lego will never give that to us.

I feel like the set will 99% be MCU, all the recent Marvel and DC D2Cs that I remember are based on movies/TV shows.

That sounds like a fantastic set but I really wouldn't want a new Black Order, the IW ones were already really good so that would just be wasted budget. I'd much rather get some cool new variants of existing figures or new ones like Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye/Ronin, Nebula, Captain Marvel, M'Baku, warrior Shuri etc. 

Of course they could always include the Black Order members in such a set but I'd be totally fine with it if they were reuses :wink:

3 hours ago, DuckBricks said:

How do we know for sure that this is Marvel, much less MCU? As much as I hope it will be, from what I understand, the only reason why people are suspecting this is Marvel is because the previous two D2C sets were DC-themed - but for all we know, it could be another 1989 Batman themed set to go along with the Batmobile and Batwing, such as an 89 Batcave akin to the massive scale of the classic series Batcave a few years back. 

A couple of reasons: 
1. The last two SH D2C's were both DC
2. The last two DC D2C's both released at the end of the year, this is a 1HY set
3. It's been a while since Marvel has gotten one

We're not at all ruling out DC as a possibility but Marvel is definetely more likely

Edited by Guyon2002

Okay this is more a crack theory than anything but here it goes;

What if Lego tries to do the same thing they did with Batman 89 and pay tribute to the classics by making a D2C of the Raimi Trilogy? 

47 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Okay this is more a crack theory than anything but here it goes;

What if Lego tries to do the same thing they did with Batman 89 and pay tribute to the classics by making a D2C of the Raimi Trilogy? 

The Raimi Trilogy... Um...interesting

What can serve as a D2C set from the trilogy?

16 minutes ago, oxy220 said:

The Raimi Trilogy... Um...interesting

What can serve as a D2C set from the trilogy?

What about Green Goblin's glider?

18 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

What about Green Goblin's glider?

Honestly, not a good idea

You can make the final battle of Spider-Man 3

I want a Marvel D2C that's a building rather than a vehicle. DC got the retro Batcave, several Arkham sets plus that Joker Mansion from TLBM. Marvel has nothing.

Even for vehicles DC has more than Marvel with DC having several Batmobile sets plus the new Batwing and Marvel getting the Helicarrier and the Hulkbuster and that's it. Although Marvel did get the Iron Man bust and the Iron Man mosaic so there's that...

If a building, it could be the Avengers Tower (the most likely option), the Oscorp Building, the Baxter Building, the Xavier School, Asgard

24 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Although Marvel did get the Iron Man bust and the Iron Man mosaic so there's that...

DC is getting a Batman bust and some sort of Batman logo set so that evens that out

18 minutes ago, oxy220 said:

If a building, it could be the Avengers Tower (the most likely option), the Oscorp Building, the Baxter Building, the Xavier School, Asgard

Hmm, I doubt we'll see Oscorp, the Baxter building or Xavier's school before they're in the MCU :sceptic: Avengers Tower is definetely most likely out of these, Asgard would be awesome but I'm not sure how they'd make that

If we do get a huge Asgard set I really hope at least the figures will be based on The Dark World, that film has by far the most potential. I'm talking Thor, Loki, Jane, Odin, Frigga, Sif, Fandral, Volstagg, Hogun, Malekith, Kurse, some Dark Elves etc

51 minutes ago, oxy220 said:

Oh gods, imagine a D2C Asgard. That would be so amazing. :wub:

45 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

DC is getting a Batman bust and some sort of Batman logo set so that evens that out

Hmm, I doubt we'll see Oscorp, the Baxter building or Xavier's school before they're in the MCU :sceptic: Avengers Tower is definetely most likely out of these, Asgard would be awesome but I'm not sure how they'd make that

If we do get a huge Asgard set I really hope at least the figures will be based on The Dark World, that film has by far the most potential. I'm talking Thor, Loki, Jane, Odin, Frigga, Sif, Fandral, Volstagg, Hogun, Malekith, Kurse, some Dark Elves etc

If there is Asgard, it will most likely look like Hogwarts(71043)

54 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If its not a Batman Portrait, unfortunately it dies not even it out,  this logo has me curious. 

If its Marvel, hopeful of a spideman play set as mentioned before,  this is the best time, when you don't know which theme or what it is!