Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, TOTDForever said:

it is overtly the ps4 classic suit, pics of the boxart are out there and you'd be lying if you said it wasn't the same suit lol

I was talking about Doc Ock haha. I agree that the Spider-Man suit does look like the PS4 suit, which itself is nearly identical to Spidey's classic comics suit

I'm very glad to see the green version of the Bigtime suit, one of my absolute favorite Spidey suits, and I'm very glad to see I was right about Doc Ock and how he's definitely inspired by the PS4 game. The Spider-cave still looks awful so I'll bricklink the Bigtime suit but I'm more compelled to get the set with Doc Ock. I'm also glad to see the arm printing is going to be on seemingly all of the generic Spider-mans this wave. This was all nice but now give me better pictures of the Ghost Rider set that's what I want most!! :drool:

25 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Я очень рад видеть зеленую версию костюма Bigtime, одного из моих самых любимых костюмов Spidey, и я очень рад видеть, что был прав насчет Дока окка и того, что он определенно вдохновлен игрой PS4. Паучья пещера все еще выглядит ужасно, так что я замурую большой костюм, но мне больше нужно попасть на съемочную площадку с Доком оком. Я также рад видеть, что печать руки будет, по-видимому, на всех универсальных людях-пауках этой волны. Все это было прекрасно, но теперь дайте мне лучшие фотографии набора призрачного всадника-вот чего я хочу больше всего!! :чепуха:

kingwong75 on his Instagram hinted that he might have a Ghost Rider minifigure

so glad you guys get the black suit spider-man from the spider hide hole set lol

the green and black spider suit looks like the marvel legends "big time" spider-man

also the new thanos mech has pink blaster effects which would be great for Scarlet Witch!!!

47 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

I'm very glad to see the green version of the Bigtime suit, one of my absolute favorite Spidey suits, and I'm very glad to see I was right about Doc Ock and how he's definitely inspired by the PS4 game. The Spider-cave still looks awful so I'll bricklink the Bigtime suit but I'm more compelled to get the set with Doc Ock. I'm also glad to see the arm printing is going to be on seemingly all of the generic Spider-mans this wave. This was all nice but now give me better pictures of the Ghost Rider set that's what I want most!! :drool:

Hahaha did not read this in time! @ToaDraco you are right and its cool to see spidey get more suits. He is becoming the new Iron Man for LEGO!

DID ANYBODY KNOW ABOUT THIS SHOW??!?!!?!?!?

Just now, BusterNut31 said:

Agreed.

Yeah, same. I hope it turns out to be printed though, that’d be great.
Also if those are bright light yellow cheese slopes, that’d be awesome, I just checked BrickLink and those have only ever been in the Fiat 500 to date.

Just noticed something, but do the pieces venom is holding look like new parts to any one else? They don't look like any other blade/tooth/spike that exists. If so, wierd choice on Lego's part, unless they were made for another theme.

So happy to see the Big Time suit, it's the best Spidey suit ever!!!

I still stand by my comments about Doc Ock's arms being the best yet, these ones have full articulation, not just pieces that move forward or back.

2 hours ago, SuperGrover said:

Ehhh, I don’t think the hair is that accurate to PS4 Ock. He was basically bald on top in the game, whereas this Ock is just lacking some hair.

The Alfred/Filch hair would be much more appropriate for a PS4 Doc, but I think this wave is full of unofficial tie ins, like the Miles being close to the Spiderverse suit

These pics are still not final, right? 

and why are some of you saying that the spidey costume is a ps4 version? It’s just his classic suit he has like forever? Or am i missing something?

15 minutes ago, Borex said:

These pics are still not final, right? 

and why are some of you saying that the spidey costume is a ps4 version? It’s just his classic suit he has like forever? Or am i missing something?

have you not played the ps4 game? He has his classic suit in the beginning before Doc Ock makes his advanced suit 

4 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

have you not played the ps4 game? He has his classic suit in the beginning before Doc Ock makes his advanced suit 

You seem pretty dead set to prove that this is the classic suit from the ps4 game. I don’t think it’s that complicated. I think this is just another one of lego’s attempts to make a spider man based on the comics, and the classic suit was also based on the comics. Because it’s the classic suit. It doesn’t have to be from the game.

8 minutes ago, SuperGrover said:

You seem pretty dead set to prove that this is the classic suit from the ps4 game. I don’t think it’s that complicated. I think this is just another one of lego’s attempts to make a spider man based on the comics, and the classic suit was also based on the comics. Because it’s the classic suit. It doesn’t have to be from the game.

In the end it's all just a matter of opinion anyway. The new Cap figure for instance seems to use elements from a couple of different suits but for me it will be the Endgame scale suit :shrug_oh_well:

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

In the end it's all just a matter of opinion anyway. The new Cap figure for instance seems to use elements from a couple of different suits but for me it will be the Endgame scale suit :shrug_oh_well:

Me too. That Cap will definitely be the one holding Mjolnir. I have always treated the Thanos mech minifig as an Endgame Thanos (the helmet looks more like the Endgame version than the big fig and Brickset also lists him as the Endgame version) 

1 hour ago, SuperGrover said:

complicated? I simply said it is based on the classic suit from the video game, nothing complicated about it lol

The 4 plus spider man is a maybe I don’t have that sandman piece.

the iron man v thanos I think looks good but I would need to see a better pic but the pink blasts look cool especially for the scarlet witch. 

the spider man hide figs look surprisingly good and if I am correct besides the iron spider I think there brand new

Super Heroes is getting another D2C in 2021: 

LEGO SH 76178 - $299,99

My source told me it's for Super Heroes in general but given that the last 2 SH D2C's were both for DC we assume this one will be for Marvel. And to repeat what I said in my info drops on the Harry Potter thread: take it with a grain of salt :wink:

@Guyon2002: Thanks for the info! That sounds interesting, I wonder what it could be if it‘s really a Marvel set. I collect all Marvel sets no matter the source material they‘re based on, but personally I hope it‘s a MCU set :thumbup: Avengers Tower or HQ anyone? I know we got both of those recently, but not at 300$ :grin:

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

@Guyon2002: Thanks for the info! That sounds interesting, I wonder what it could be if it‘s really a Marvel set. I collect all Marvel sets no matter the source material they‘re based on, but personally I hope it‘s a MCU set :thumbup: Avengers Tower or HQ anyone? I know we got both of those recently, but not at 300$ :grin:

Part of me hopes it's something like that (preferably the Avengers Compound, even though I have no clue where I would put it) but with everything coming out next year I would be perfectly happy if it's a bit of a meh set like the other Marvel D2Cs :tongue: 

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Part of me hopes it's something like that (preferably the Avengers Compound, even though I have no clue where I would put it) but with everything coming out next year I would be perfectly happy if it's a bit of a meh set like the other Marvel D2Cs :tongue: 

That would be amzing @Guyon2002 ! Maybe even a large wakanda build! The Ninjago City! With monorial, panther statues, shuris lab, throne room and vibranium mine!

8 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

complicated? I simply said it is based on the classic suit from the video game, nothing complicated about it lol

The classic suit in the PS4 game is just the comic suit, though?

Like, by that logic you could say that the other spider-man minifigures are also based on the PS4 classic suit.

1 minute ago, BusterNut31 said:

That would be amzing @Guyon2002 ! Maybe even a large wakanda build! The Ninjago City! With monorial, panther statues, shuris lab, throne room and vibranium mine!

That would definitely be neat :thumbup: Though at this price point, I think they‘ll go for something representative for the MCU as a whole, if it‘s a MCU set in the first place of course.

To be honest, I‘m not sure what they could do if it wasn‘t. And don‘t say ‚X-mansion‘ :tongue:

3 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

I'm not entirely sure how they would make that but such a set could get a ton of awesome figures! Something like King T'Challa (black/white robes), Shuri (warrior outfit), Okoye (better detail), Ayo, Ramonda, Killmonger (bathrobes), W'Kabi, M'Baku, Ross, Zuri and maybe a post-credits version of White Wolf/Bucky :excited: Damn I'm really getting my hopes up for this set now :tongue:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

And don‘t say ‚X-mansion‘ :tongue:

We'll call it the 'X-a very large and expensive house' then :devil_laugh:

Hopefully its for Marvel this time. The two biggest candidates for a D2C set would surely have to be the Avengers Tower or a UCS styled Quinjet. Either choice would be pretty awesome.

I'd also love to see the X-Mansion or a modular building Sanctum Sanctorum but don't think either are likely to happen anytime soon.