Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Big Time suit YES!!! Also the Thanos 4+ set looks bizarre... disappointed that his ship is not Sanctuary II. Also it's the same ugly 2020 minifig :pir-hmpf_bad: 

Edited by HarryVader

I love how (at least in this preliminary pictured) even the 4+ Spidey vs.  Sandman set has the arm printing… not complaining just interesting… 

Is that a new infinity gauntlet in the middle of the Iron Man v. Thanos set? I wonder if it's compatible with a minifig...

So there are some cool new suits in spider cave set, good to know. But tbh overall it doesn’t look great, and Green Goblin is a reuse of 2019 one? Why is LEGO penny pinching and not making a great new Goblin figure here? The 2016 one is by far the best one they put out, and it doesn’t seem like they are trying to improve. 

New Doc Ock looks nice, but personally prefer the old style of tentacles he had in the past.

Edited by benderisgreat

6 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Is that a new infinity gauntlet in the middle of the Iron Man v. Thanos set? I wonder if it's compatible with a minifig...

Looks like the standard Chima gauntlet piece to me 

9 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Came here to say that too, it looks like the same as the Might Micros gold one but with prints?? *huh* Would be cool to put on some other Marvel figs if this is the case. Also opens the door to a Star Gauntlet in a similar manner one day.

The Spider-Man images have shown me none of these sets are really worth buying. No big fig Venom makes the lair set an easy pass. But that Big Time suit is gonna have to be Bricklinked because its so dang cool. Maybe Mysterio will look good in the Monster Truck set.

Is it me or does the Thanos ship look like his chair with turbines??? It looks so hilariously bad lol. Also, what is that big triangular thing under his vehicle? Is that part of the build? 

as I said before, that new main spidey suit is based off of the Ps4 classic suit. The arm printing is superb, and I really love how doc ock is also seemingly based off his Ps4 design. The Stealth suit and Scarlet Spider suit (maybe Spider Punk?) also look like they take Ps4 inspiration. The minifigs are the saving grace for these sets 

Edited by TOTDForever

The spidey suits look nice.  Hopefully Thanos has a different face print.  Minifigs look like the best part of this wave.  

*oh2*

The spider suits look great

Also. Sandman is pretty much the same one as before, right? I thought the leaks said he was like something new 

Edited by Robert8

31 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Is it me or does the Thanos ship look like his chair with turbines??? It looks so hilariously bad lol. Also, what is that big triangular thing under his vehicle? Is that part of the build? 

It does kinda look like a chair :laugh_hard: I think the triangular thing is just part of the boxart

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It does kinda look like a chair :laugh_hard: I think the triangular thing is just part of the boxart

The boxart kind of looks like the Sanctuary planet from the first GOTG movie. I guess I can finally recreate that scene where Thanos calls Ronan “BOY” in LEGO form

Edited by HarryVader

Just because I'm curious: why do so many of you think Ock is based on the PS4 version? Aside from the face, which I can kinda see but definetely isn't unique to just PS4's Ock, everything looks wrong :def_shrug:

Just because I'm curious: why do so many of you think Ock is based on the PS4 version? Aside from the face, which I can kinda see but definetely isn't unique to just PS4's Ock, everything looks wrong :def_shrug:

I think it’s mainly because of the hair. The only Ock I know who has that sort of hairstyle is the PS4 one. Also the green outfit looks exactly like the one he wore in the game. I don’t think it’s meant to be the PS4 version but it’s heavily inspired by it. 

Edited by HarryVader

I'm actually pretty happy with these figures, especially since a decent amount of them are new! I'm really liking doc ock, with the balljointed arms and well detailed claws, as well as the overall design of that new figure. The sandman being new is quite the surprise, and the printed arms on spiderman look fantastic!

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Well, the arms look similar, the head and hair like you said, and the absence of yellow are the things that I see in common. It's definitely not close enough to be official though.

Edited by NetherCreeper
word choice

Just now, HarryVader said:

I think it’s mainly because of the hair. The only Ock I know who has that sort of hairstyle is the PS4 one. Also the green outfit looks exactly like the one he wore in the game.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there :tongue: I don't think the hair works, surely they'd use the bald Alfred piece for this? And the torso looks more like a green jacket over a grey turtleneck than anything else imo

1 minute ago, HarryVader said:

I think it’s mainly because of the hair. The only Ock I know who has that sort of hairstyle is the PS4 one. Also the green outfit looks exactly like the one he wore in the game.

Ehhh, I don’t think the hair is that accurate to PS4 Ock. He was basically bald on top in the game, whereas this Ock is just lacking some hair.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there :tongue: I don't think the hair works, surely they'd use the bald Alfred piece for this? And the torso looks more like a green jacket over a grey turtleneck than anything else imo

Yeah I think we'll have to see clearer images to find out if it's based on the PS4 version or not :)

2 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

Yeah I think we'll have to see clearer images to find out if it's based on the PS4 version or not :)

Probably for the best, it's not like Marvel figures tend to be super accurate anyway :tongue:

Anyone else just sitting behind their pc (im)patiently waiting for a potential Ghost Rider leak?

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Anyone else just sitting behind their pc (im)patiently waiting for a potential Ghost Rider leak?

Me. Ghost Rider is my most anticipated figure from the entire wave.

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Вероятно, к лучшему, что цифры Marvel в любом случае не очень точны :язык:

Кто - нибудь еще просто сидит за своим компьютером (im), терпеливо ожидая потенциальной утечки Ghost Rider?

I hope that the minifigure will be merged within a few days

Edited by oxy220

Yay, two new Spidey suits! Plus Iron Spider which I don’t have anyway. I guess I have to get the Hideyhole now. Also I honestly looked at the homemade suit and thought, “Is that Scarlet Spider?” {shrugs} I think it could work as either though. But J am a bit annoyed they’re reusing the FFH pulled-up mask . . though yay for people who didn’t get that set I guess?

17 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

it is overtly the ps4 classic suit, pics of the boxart are out there and you'd be lying if you said it wasn't the same suit lol