Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

The upcoming and previous Ghost Riders are 2 completely different characters though

I know, I know. I'm just saying we should keep our expectations low. 

10 hours ago, HarryVader said:

The sets would fly off the shelves if they do that. They should release a giant set called ”Epic Dragon Battle” haha

No I think they would do it like the Kai mech And the garmadon mech

So then you could battle them

A bunch of Harry Potter and Star Wars sets leaked from a retail catalogue, wouldn't surprise me if the Marvel sets follow suit soon

17 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

A bunch of Harry Potter and Star Wars sets leaked from a retail catalogue, wouldn't surprise me if the Marvel sets follow suit soon

Yeah, I hope they don’t leak via catalog though. I think box art gives a better overall look at the set.

Just now, SuperGrover said:

Yeah, I hope they don’t leak via catalog though. I think box art gives a better overall look at the set.

If they don't leak through that catalogue we'll have to wait a long time for other leaks though. These sets aren't all that exciting anyway so I'll take those grainy pics :tongue:

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

If they don't leak through that catalogue we'll have to wait a long time for other leaks though. These sets aren't all that exciting anyway so I'll take those grainy pics :tongue:

Yeah, that’s true. Grainy pics are better than nothing.

1 minute ago, SuperGrover said:

Yeah, that’s true. Grainy pics are better than nothing.

Sign me up for grainy pics as well. Better than a longer wait. :rofl:

53 minutes ago, nintendude64 said:

Sign me up for grainy pics as well. Better than a longer wait. :rofl:

Same here! Hopefully the Marvel sets leak, I'm dying to see how the Ghost Rider set turns out!

For all the ghost rider fans here I’ll say this. If the pictures were to leak of it don’t judge the ghost rider figure if it is a reuse of the 2016 one. It’s the way prelim catalogs work where they often use stand ins for the minifigures 

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

For all the ghost rider fans here I’ll say this. If the pictures were to leak of it don’t judge the ghost rider figure if it is a reuse of the 2016 one. It’s the way prelim catalogs work where they often use stand ins for the minifigures 

I was thinking the same thing though it seems most of the preliminary pictures from that catalog don't show any figures. I will say if they show the Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider as a stand-in it won't exactly quell my concerns for the final product. If anything it'll make me more nervous until we get more finalized pictures.

The shield on the Cap mech looks kind of cool, I wonder what version of Cap comes with the set (the mech looks a lot like either Cap's comics or 2012 Avengers costume)

Edited by HarryVader

love the hood on miles, is there any chance the torso has the ITSV logo?? I kinda doubt it as the mech doesn't, but I still hope it does.

A quick quote to sum up how I feel about builds in all of those sets: "Crap, crap, mega crap". All mechs suck. Spider-Man's lair sucks. Giant truck build sucks. Ghost Rider's car... I lost my faith when I saw two giant stud shooters on top of the hood.

Minifigures on the other hand... Miles will look fantastic, it may turn out as one of my favourite Marvel minifigures. Thor with a helmet, 3 new Spider suits and (possibly) a new regular Spider-Man. I'll take those.

5 minutes ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

Is it just me or do these mechs look worse than this years?

Not just you, they really do.

Yeah, a generic Spider-man is a super safe bet. I do hope the inevitable action features aren't obnoxious. I'm half expecting the blower on the hood to be made using silver stud shooters but I hope I'm wrong. I can definitely see it having a forward rake since that's often how it's portrayed in the comics. I am definitely picturing something similar to the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon from the Speed Champions line but with far fewer or ideally no stickers. It definitely won't look exactly like a Dodge Charger unless LEGO secured the license for this set which I seriously doubt.

Well you better pick up the phone because I freakin' called it lol. I'm really happy with how the Ghost Rider set turned out. It's basically the Speed Champions SRT Demon with 3 stud shooters for the blower and I don't actually mind. It looks great and zooming in on the picture it definitely looks like a silver head on fire so it's definitely a proper Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider! Also, is that a new flame piece on the side of the Hell Charger?